If you cancel you'll be back at square one. That makes no sense. At least you have a confirmed order, which most people couldn't get. Consider yourself lucky, kick back, and wait for your KEYone to come to you! The sun will still rise and set until then.

Posted via CB10
    Rage quit, lol.
    06-01-17 04:43 PM
    No because I found it in Stock but it's $300 more, money isn't an issue for me, but time is lol.
    Dammit, knew I should have bought a few from my local Best Buy and sold here for a few hundred more... *slaps self*
    06-01-17 04:44 PM
    Yup, why not get a heads up on production numbers. But that would of made way too much sense.
    Would that have allowed for those who missed out to get their hands on one?
    06-01-17 04:46 PM
    Rage quit, lol.
    One of the reasons I decided to sit on the sidelines with a bowl of popcorn and a nice Chianti. I can remember those days being on the hunt... Too old for that S#!~ now.
    hoytbowhunter and RoseBud68 like this.
    What did you order? GSM or CDMA
    When did you order? Date and time
    Shipping method? 1-day, 2-day, standard 5-7 day, free 6-8 day, etc.

It might help people make sense of any delays.

For example, if you ordered GSM and free shipping and tell us that it's not coming for 6-8 days, then there isn't a delay. You've just chosen a slower shipping method.

If you've pre-ordered with next day shipping, then there's no expectation that you would get it tomorrow since there's no product to ship yet. When inventory comes in, though, you'll get it next day.
    I ordered at 9:30 p.m. on the 30th and I'm a Prime member so it was supposed to ship out right then, it even give me the deal that said my item will be shipping shortly then the next time I checked on it to see if it had shipped it tells me it's out of stock, but I had already done my order.
    Last edited by hoytbowhunter; 06-01-17 at 04:49 PM. Reason: Missed spelt
    Not working at all. Not scrolling.
    You mean the whole reason people would post in a support forum about? I wouldn't worry about that too much, you'll always read about problems with every phone, every device, every car, everything when you go to support forums...
    06-01-17 04:47 PM
    Would that have allowed for those who missed out to get their hands on one?
    I don't wanna speak for others but transparency helps alleviate frustration because having more knowledge of the situation leads to understanding. But again that's just for some, not all.
    newcollector and RoseBud68 like this.
    06-01-17 04:48 PM
    I don't wanna speak for others but transparency helps alleviate frustration because having more knowledge of the situation leads to understanding. But again that's just for some, not all.
    I guess I have a hard time grasping things like that because I don't get emotional over something like this. Either I get one or I don't... Them telling me how many they will have won't really change that for me.

Again, just me, in case I haven't made it clear enough. I need this disclaimer, I guarantee you there's someone sitting there with his finger on the mouse ready to click on quote to lecture me about how not everyone is like that, how I shouldn't tell others how to feel, and blah blah blah blah blah...
    06-01-17 04:53 PM
    I guess I have a hard time grasping things like that because I don't get emotional over something like this. Either I get one or I don't... Them telling me how many they will have won't really change that for me.

Again, just me, in case I haven't made it clear enough. I need this disclaimer, I guarantee you there's someone sitting there with his finger on the mouse ready to click on quote to lecture me about how not everyone is like that, how I shouldn't tell others how to feel, and blah blah blah blah blah...
    It's helpful to keep in mind that "fan" is an abbreviation for "fanatic."

Posted with my trusty Z10
    06-01-17 04:58 PM

Not everyone is like that you know! You shouldn't tell others how to feel!

LOL. Your power of suggestion was too great for me. I had to do it.
    FabriciusFab likes this.
    06-01-17 04:59 PM
    Who thinks some 3rd party reseller types snapped up a bunch of these to resell at higher prices? I will be watching Amazon and ebay to see. A conspiracy theory, but perhaps not so very far fetched.
    Yep. I believe they did. Someone on eBay is selling a lot of them. Photo looked like approx. 15-20 all in boxes on a table. Some listed as high at $1500. Yeah...for that price, I'll be waiting awhile. Hopefully, Amazon will restock the CDMA model, really soon.
    06-01-17 05:08 PM
    Yep. I believe they did. Someone on eBay is selling a lot of them. Photo looked like approx. 15-20 all in boxes on a table. Some listed as high at $1500. Yeah...for that price, I'll be waiting awhile. Hopefully, Amazon will restock the CDMA model, really soon.
    The thing about that is the person who has bought those must surely have had inside track knowledge of a potential stock outage. Because if the supply exceeded the demand then they'd be left with 20 KEYone's that they would then struggle to sell at cost, let alone a profit.
    krazyatom likes this.
    06-01-17 05:15 PM
    The thing about that is the person who has bought those must surely have had inside track knowledge of a potential stock outage. Because if the supply didn't exceed the demand then they'd be left with 20 KEYone's that they would then struggle to sell at cost, let alone a profit.
    It would be a calculated risk. If it appears that stock outs are likely, then you buy as many as you can afford and try to resell them during your return window. If there are stock outs immediately, you make a few bucks. Then return what you don't sell.

That's a big reason many stores limit the number of items that one person can buy for products with limited supply.

06-01-17 05:21 PM
    It would be a calculated risk. If it appears that stock outs are likely, then you buy as many as you can afford and try to resell them during your return window. If there are stock outs immediately, you make a few bucks. Then return what you don't sell.

That's a big reason many stores limit the number of items that one person can buy for products with limited supply.

Aye, he's probably got lucky. The KEYone just doesn't strike me as the sort of device that you take that sort of risk on because the demand for Blackberry's just isn't that high.

I don't know if he'll shift them at his asking price, but it doesn't look like he'll lose it assuming he can shift them before the next stock replen.
    06-01-17 05:28 PM
    Aye, he's probably got lucky. The KEYone just doesn't strike me as the sort of device that you take that sort of risk on because the demand for Blackberry's just isn't that high.

I don't know if he'll shift them at his asking price, but it doesn't look like he'll lose it assuming he can shift them before the next stock replen.
    Plus he probably has 30 days to return them.

06-01-17 05:42 PM
    It's helpful to keep in mind that "fan" is an abbreviation for "fanatic."

Lol yes these who criticize are fanatics but those who just can't ever admit BlackBerry mobile has done anything wrong and defend their actions to no end certainly are not. Makes perfect sense haha.
    06-01-17 05:47 PM
    Lol yes these who criticize are fanatics but those who just can't ever admit BlackBerry mobile has done anything wrong and defend their actions to no end certainly are not. Makes perfect sense haha.
    I would say that anyone who has a strong emotional response to a mobile phone release (angry, joyous, can't sleep with excitement, etc.) would qualify as a fan. And there's nothing wrong with being a fan! But "fan" is still short for "fanatuc.". That's not an opinion it's an etymological fact.

ominaxe likes this.
    06-01-17 05:56 PM
    I would say that anyone who has a strong emotional response to a mobile phone release (angry, joyous, can't sleep with excitement, etc.) would qualify as a fan. And there's nothing wrong with being a fan! But "fan" is still short for "fanatuc.". That's not an opinion it's an etymological fact.

So you are saying someone who is irrational in their thought to a certain degree? Well then same goes for anyone who, simply because they went on a trip and met a couple people, now can't seem to ever admit they may screw up also qualifies. Like you know it's not a big deal they told all their customers that the CDMA version would be available on the 31st the day before when clearly they knew that wasn't the case since there has not been any sign of it anywhere. That's okay because we met them and they are nice to us lol.
    06-01-17 06:01 PM
    06-01-17 06:03 PM
    I contacted Amazon customer service via chat to ask about my order which still has no ship date. The rep apologized for the inconvenience and upgraded my shipping method from 2 days to 1 day. He also confirmed that it should arrive between 8 and 10 days. I got the feeling that I wasn't the only one that has asked.

At least I got the 1 day shipping for free.

Posted via CB10
    newcollector likes this.
    06-01-17 06:23 PM
    Question.. Will a BBB100-2 uk version work with att? What is the difference between 100-1?
    dollface likes this.
    06-01-17 06:31 PM
    I ordered at 9:30 p.m. on the 30th and I'm a Prime member so it was supposed to ship out right then, it even give me the deal that said my item will be shipping shortly then the next time I checked on it to see if it had shipped it tells me it's out of stock, but I had already done my order.
    Same thing happened to me. Ordered mine at 8:00pm and all looked well. I checked the status of it later that night when the **** hit the fan in here and it still "preparing for shipment." Unfortunately the next morning it said out of stock and pushed my shipment date to between June and July.

I'm over being mad over it. I went on several rants yesterday but honestly I do fine without BB phones so it isn't the end of the world. Just made me mad that it was such a cluster.
    Last edited by donnation; 06-01-17 at 06:46 PM.
    06-01-17 06:32 PM
    I contacted Amazon customer service via chat to ask about my order which still has no ship date. The rep apologized for the inconvenience and upgraded my shipping method from 2 days to 1 day. He also confirmed that it should arrive between 8 and 10 days. I got the feeling that I wasn't the only one that has asked.

At least I got the 1 day shipping for free.

Posted via CB10
    I complained to Amazon and they offered me 10% off which roughly equals $60USD. It doesn't mean I get my KEYone any sooner. Also, Amazon doesn't really know when it will become available to ship. This is for the GSM variant.
    06-01-17 06:33 PM
    So you are saying someone who is irrational in their thought to a certain degree? Well then same goes for anyone who, simply because they went on a trip and met a couple people, now can't seem to ever admit they may screw up also qualifies. Like you know it's not a big deal they told all their customers that the CDMA version would be available on the 31st the day before when clearly they knew that wasn't the case since there has not been any sign of it anywhere. That's okay because we met them and they are nice to us lol.
    It's obviously a big deal to some fans that they couldn't buy the phone they want on launch day. I understand that. And it's obviously important to you that someone is "to blame" for that disappointment, either because someone lied or committed some other kind of professional malfeasance. I don't really understand that, but feel free to do whatever makes you happy.

To me, it's all just normal business stuff. Lost sales due to stock outs are a normal part of business that managers try to balance against the cost of excess production, holding costs and inventory overages.

We heard directly from BlackBerry Mobile over a month ago that they were worried about having enough supply to meet demand, and that certainly seems to be the case.

We don't know what the root cause is, whether it is low demand projections by marketing, insufficient parts or sub-assemblies, higher than expected defects, weak logistics, lack of commitment from retailers or a shortage of shrink wrap, for that matter.

I would love to get actual information about what's going on, but it literally is none of my business! I'm interested as a business sales and operations professional, but not because I personally care whether BlackBerry Mobile or the KEYone is successful or not.

newcollector likes this.
    06-01-17 06:33 PM
    Question.. Will a BBB100-2 uk version work with att? What is the difference between 100-1?
    Yes, it'll work with AT&T, but some of the radio bands will be missing, which means in some areas of the U.S., you won't get optimal service. If you go to the BlackBerry Mobile website, you can compare the radio bands.
    hoytbowhunter likes this.
    06-01-17 07:03 PM
600 ... 1617181920 ...