So I finally got a shipping notification for June 21st to July 10th. I hope I don't have to wait that long. For the cdma version
    dollface likes this.
    06-01-17 01:01 PM
    So wait... A product that has very little demand by comparison to super popular products (iPhone, Samsung etc), and they still don't have stock? So if a product is popular the launch is going to be bad because of demand and if the product is not popular the launch is going to be bad because of demand.

Wow. They should have just never mentioned it at all and let it appear in the market and things would have gone better.

It seems that a healthy pre-order website would have given them the proper insight as to how many devices to manufacturer and things could have gone much better. Then again, I'm not in marketing so what would I know. Hey, it's time for bonus's!!! We did great!

Roveer
    Yup, why not get a heads up on production numbers. But that would of made way too much sense.
    06-01-17 01:02 PM
    So I finally got a shipping notification for June 21st to July 10th. I hope I don't have to wait that long. For the cdma version
    OMG, I hope I get a shipping notification soon, and it's not for 2 months
    06-01-17 01:04 PM
    It's out for delivery! I am excited and scared at the same time. I have been stocking this phone since I first heard about it so I am excited. BUT! I am scared I'll get a lemon with keyboard issues and screen falling off that I have seen in these forums. I asked my angels to have them send me the best one. lol
    06-01-17 01:25 PM
    It's out for delivery! I am excited and scared at the same time. I have been stocking this phone since I first heard about it so I am excited. BUT! I am scared I'll get a lemon with keyboard issues and screen falling off that I have seen in these forums. I asked my angels to have them send me the best one. lol
    What keyboard issues?
    06-01-17 01:29 PM
    What keyboard issues?
    Not working at all. Not scrolling.
    06-01-17 01:31 PM
    I've had mine for around two hours now. It makes me hate BlackBerry's decision to make BB10 even more. A Android phone with this form factor back in 2010 would have been huge.

I'm so glad this device exists.
    06-01-17 01:38 PM
    I wonder of how fast the ones that get cancelled by those who ordered one in the middle of the night on the 31st (via BestBuy) get put back into the wild? (and what that process is). When I picked up mine, there were four sitting from pre-order with labels on them. I would bet a handful of them cancel because they found one closer.
    06-01-17 01:41 PM
    Guys great news!!! I just checked BlackBerry mobiles site and you can preregister for the KEYOne right now. It says available May 31st!!

What an embarrassment.
    Lol. I was going to get one on Amazon. It's "available" but usually ships in 1 to 2 months. I will wait. See what else happens with early device issues and such. May as well.

Oh corporate speak. You know when the wording is technically correct ie in May is May 31st. 2nd quarter is the very last possible day of the last possible month etc. That they are having issues behind the scenes.
    06-01-17 01:41 PM
    Good luck!
    06-01-17 01:49 PM
    I ordered 5 minutes after the link went live and I still don't even have an estimated SHIP date.
    This makes me feel a little better. I ordered at 11pm est
    06-01-17 01:56 PM
    I ordered the same date as you and mines telling me June 10th.
    Mine is not giving me a date but I wont be cancelling my order.

If best buy allows me to place an order I will with them but I will not be cancelling any orders until 2 keyones are in my hands.
    06-01-17 01:58 PM
    Passport was also sold out in a little time. The first batch

< Passport SQW100-1 >
    06-01-17 01:59 PM
    What did you order? GSM or CDMA
    When did you order? Date and time
    Shipping method? 1-day, 2-day, standard 5-7 day, free 6-8 day, etc.

It might help people make sense of any delays.

For example, if you ordered GSM and free shipping and tell us that it's not coming for 6-8 days, then there isn't a delay. You've just chosen a slower shipping method.

If you've pre-ordered with next day shipping, then there's no expectation that you would get it tomorrow since there's no product to ship yet. When inventory comes in, though, you'll get it next day.
    06-01-17 02:02 PM
    I've had mine for around two hours now. It makes me hate BlackBerry's decision to make BB10 even more. A Android phone with this form factor back in 2010 would have been huge.

I'm so glad this device exists.
    Android in 2010 is not the Android you have today, definitely not in the security domain. BlackBerry felt they needed a secure platform because that's their core business. BB10 was their way to have it.
    06-01-17 02:08 PM
    I just got mine... hear the dog barking... it just showed up at door steps... have not open it yet.. oh God, please please no screen fall off, no unresponsive key, no lcd line out, etc. (I ordered on 30, around 9ish.. two day delivery -have to say Amazon is very good at their logistics for shipping and delivery - I am on prime trial right now... ).

Posted via CB10
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    06-01-17 02:08 PM
    Android in 2010 is not the Android you have today, definitely not in the security domain. BlackBerry felt they needed a secure platform because that's their core business. BB10 was their way to have it.
    So they needed a secure platform badly enough to waste literally billions of dollars on it? They were acting like a charity back then.

Like I said, I'm just glad things worked out to where we have this phone as an option today.
    06-01-17 02:12 PM
    This may be a dumb question. Is anyone physically in possession of a CDMA KeyONE?
    southlander likes this.
    06-01-17 02:17 PM
    This may be a dumb question. Is anyone physically in possession of a CDMA KeyONE?
    That would be a big NEGATORY
    06-01-17 02:35 PM
    From their May 30 press release "with the CDMA variant available via Amazon at launch" What's up with that?
    06-01-17 03:16 PM
    From their May 30 press release "with the CDMA variant available via Amazon at launch" What's up with that?
    It's called a lie
    06-01-17 03:31 PM
    I just got mine... hear the dog barking... it just showed up at door steps... have not open it yet.. oh God, please please no screen fall off, no unresponsive key, no lcd line out, etc. (I ordered on 30, around 9ish.. two day delivery -have to say Amazon is very good at their logistics for shipping and delivery - I am on prime trial right now... ).

Posted via CB10
    dont tell me that you signed up for prime trial just to get 2 day shipping for K1
    06-01-17 03:43 PM
    No. Was for other reason, but 30 days just happened to cover the K1.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-17 04:15 PM
    It's called a lie
    Yup. They should have called it a pre-order, just the way Amazon put it up. Given that people who order the CDMA version have gotten dates from June 20th - July 10th, it would seem to indicate that manufacturing time for a CDMA version is about 15 days?
    06-01-17 04:16 PM
    It's called a lie
    Why don't these guys understand in today's technology driven environment that someone is going to check out every word spoken and get the true story eventually. This is not the days of the evening paper any more. Now they have egg on their face and have pissed off their loyal fan base with inaccurate (I'm not going to use the "l" word but I certainly understand why some are) information. It's a really good way to tear apart a brand. Tell the truth, and while many won't be happy, at lest they won't be calling you a (not going to use the 'l' word). We are smart consumers, we know how to close the loop on things. Don't they understand?

I'm not currently in the market for K1 but had I been, and had just gone through the last 2 days of utter frustration I would have been really pissed off. I will eventually acquire a K1 at a reduced cost, but man oh man, I feel for you guys. All because they wouldn't use common sense and gauge production for launch, and followed up by inaccurate communication.
    dollface likes this.
    06-01-17 04:32 PM
600 ... 1516171819 ...