Nobody ever said Steve or anyone purposely did this. But they can screw up, make mistakes and mishandle and miscalculate a lot of things. As for your first point that people never said this launch has not been mishandled, what do you expect people to think their opinion on it is when any time BlackBerry mobile is criticized someone jumps in with an explanation that in no way holds BlackBerry mobile accountable for anything.
    I'll give an example. Yesterday Steve tweeted that a CDMA unlocked version would be available today. When this was brought up, the response was " Verizon likely put pressure on them not sell it" (not sure if exact quote but context is). So what people are supposed to believe Verizon big wigs looked on amazon last night and saw a CDMA version and made a quick call to stop it all lol. This person's explanation came even after people confirmed with Amazon that they never even had that variant to begin with.
    By the way, not saying it was you who said all this. All I'm saying is when this is the type of response consistently when people are critical then naturally it would lead one to think that those making the response don't have issue with the launch process.
    And the same can be said about people jumping in with wild accusations when some of us are trying to have an objective discussion about what possibly could be going on that we don't really know about...

And even if someone wants to play devil's advocate and give another point of view or another possible reason other than the typical finger pointing we get here, that doesn't at all imply that the individual is happy with the launch... I don't really get how it's so hard to separate the two. It's like the human brain can only think of two choices, black or white, good or bad...
    06-01-17 09:04 AM
    Yes, but let's take Apple for example. If they are releasing a phone and give a date for said phone and then come back and say "Due to the overwhelming demand of this phone we are delaying it because we don't want to have any stock outs." If they then released the phone on the delayed date but still had stock outages they would be crushed for it.

We are also talking way different scales here. There wouldn't' be more than maybe a few thousand people who actually knew this device was available on May 31st, because TCL has done zero marketing for the phone. Not having that small of an amount pretty much speaks volumes to what they actually had prepared.
    But to be fair, TCL didn't release the phone on the delayed date. They released it in late April, which is what they said in the first place... But yes, for the USA it is released on the delayed date and they are having stock-outs, not arguing that part, just wanted to make sure that all of the facts are clear and not just one part of it.
    06-01-17 09:07 AM
    Did anyone receive any K1's from Amazon yet?
    I put in for one-night shipping and it was NOT listed as out of stock 6 am on 5/31. As you already know, it is saying "not yet shipped".
    06-01-17 09:32 AM
    Unfortunately stuff I've bought off Amazon listed in stock, and one day shipped, has gotten delayed in the past. Hopefully your K1 comes soon
    Last edited by Mtro; 06-01-17 at 10:17 AM.
    06-01-17 09:51 AM
    I'm getting the feeling that this launch is more like that of the Nintendo Switch. Very few available at launch and (here's the part that's not good for anyone), none available 3 months after launch. Let's hope it doesn't go that way, but July/August is looking more plausible for general availability. I think the lesson to be learned here is not to get so wrapped up in a gadget that you end up having overwhelming feelings when it either doesn't arrive on-time, or doesn't meet expectations. So far KeyOne seems to meet expectations, but it's arrival has left some folks in near crises.

Roveer
    Mike-Mike likes this.
    06-01-17 10:01 AM
    I'm getting the feeling that this launch is more like that of the Nintendo Switch. Very few available at launch and (here's the part that's not good for anyone), none available 3 months after launch. Let's hope it doesn't go that way, but July/August is looking more plausible for general availability. I think the lesson to be learned here is not to get so wrapped up in a gadget that you end up having overwhelming feelings when it either doesn't arrive on-time, or doesn't meet expectations. So far KeyOne seems to meet expectations, but it's arrival has left some folks in near crises.

Roveer
    Well there are quality issues with the device, but it does seem BB still has a beat huh. I would be disappointed myself if with this launch it was dead or quiet in this forum.
    06-01-17 10:18 AM
    06-01-17 10:19 AM
    And the same can be said about people jumping in with wild accusations when some of us are trying to have an objective discussion about what possibly could be going on that we don't really know about...

And even if someone wants to play devil's advocate and give another point of view or another possible reason other than the typical finger pointing we get here, that doesn't at all imply that the individual is happy with the launch... I don't really get how it's so hard to separate the two. It's like the human brain can only think of two choices, black or white, good or bad...
    What part of criticizing BlackBerry mobile for advising their consumers of say something like a CDMA variant being available the day before launch when clearly they should have known it wouldn't be is jumping to wild conclusions? That is a fact.
    The jumping to wild conclusions are the people who always excuse these things and pass the buck and can never admit mistakes were made by BlackBerry Mobile. You know like the response I got blaming Verizon for that.
    hjc73734 likes this.
    06-01-17 10:25 AM
    I am one of the lucky few who got to order it from Amazon on the 30th. They are shipping it with OnTrac. I found out that it won't be delivered until tomorrow. UGH! More waiting.
    06-01-17 10:41 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	keyone best buy.JPG 
Views:	246 
Size:	94.2 KB 
ID:	424324Click image for larger version. 

Name:	keyone.JPG 
Views:	246 
Size:	58.2 KB 
ID:	424325
    1-2 months lol
    06-01-17 10:44 AM
    I ordered mine on Amazon on the 30th (with one-day shipping), and I was told by Customer Service last night that I won't get my unit until July 14th. So disappointed.

Posted via CB10
    Mike-Mike likes this.
    06-01-17 10:53 AM
    My KeyOne is in the truck for delivery and I'm really looking forward to it, but I do feel bad for those who missed out. With that said, I can honestly say that this was without question the best/easiest unlocked GSM phone purchasing experience I've had in many years.

I buy Nexus and OnePlus phones usually and getting a KeyOne was a piece of cake compared to getting any of those.

No crashing website, no bashing F5 over and over, no waiting for an invite. I just went to Amazon and bought my phone. It was smooth sailing.

I can understand why those who missed out would be upset, but everyone should have seen this coming. This is a niche device. It would be ignorant to expect them to flood the channels with millions of units like Samsung and Apple can do.
    cbvinh likes this.
    06-01-17 11:01 AM
    Thank you Best Buy, TCL, Blackberry and UPS for delivering me my keyOne. Just came, have only had it for 5 minutes.
    06-01-17 11:10 AM
    Amazon is now posting usually ships in 1 to 2 months. That's pretty lame...
    06-01-17 11:11 AM
    I am one of the lucky few who got to order it from Amazon on the 30th. They are shipping it with OnTrac. I found out that it won't be delivered until tomorrow. UGH! More waiting.
    What time on the 30th. Just trying to get a good idea of when people can expect to receive theirs if they got to order on the 30th. I order just before 11pm and at the time the order screen just said pre-order.
    06-01-17 11:42 AM
    When you post these can you state which version you ordered please? GSM or CDMA.

I would like to know if anyone has received a CDMA version or if they are truly delayed which seems to be the story right now.
    I ordered mine on Amazon on the 30th (with one-day shipping), and I was told by Customer Service last night that I won't get my unit until July 14th. So disappointed.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-17 11:51 AM
    When you post these can you state which version you ordered please? GSM or CDMA.

I would like to know if anyone has received a CDMA version or if they are truly delayed which seems to be the story right now.
    I ordered a GSM phone.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-17 12:27 PM
    I ordered the same date as you and mines telling me June 10th.
    06-01-17 12:30 PM
    What time on the 30th. Just trying to get a good idea of when people can expect to receive theirs if they got to order on the 30th. I order just before 11pm and at the time the order screen just said pre-order.
    I think I ordered around 6:30 pm Arizona time on the 30th. I ordered the GSM version. OnTrac now says it's out for delivery but it also says it will be delivered on the 2nd.
    06-01-17 12:32 PM
    That's crazy I ordered mine around the same time and mines saying June something to July 10th, I think I'm going to cancel my order.
    06-01-17 12:43 PM
    That's crazy I ordered mine around the same time and mines saying June something to July 10th, I think I'm going to cancel my order.
    I ordered 5 minutes after the link went live and I still don't even have an estimated SHIP date. CDMA with one day shipping
    Last edited by dollface; 06-01-17 at 02:34 PM.
    06-01-17 12:46 PM
    If you cancel you'll be back at square one. That makes no sense. At least you have a confirmed order, which most people couldn't get. Consider yourself lucky, kick back, and wait for your KEYone to come to you! The sun will still rise and set until then.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-17 12:53 PM
    So wait... A product that has very little demand by comparison to super popular products (iPhone, Samsung etc), and they still don't have stock? So if a product is popular the launch is going to be bad because of demand and if the product is not popular the launch is going to be bad because of demand.

Wow. They should have just never mentioned it at all and let it appear in the market and things would have gone better.

It seems that a healthy pre-order website would have given them the proper insight as to how many devices to manufacturer and things could have gone much better. Then again, I'm not in marketing so what would I know. Hey, it's time for bonus's!!! We did great!

Roveer
    06-01-17 12:56 PM
    No because I found it in Stock but it's $300 more, money isn't an issue for me, but time is lol.
    06-01-17 12:57 PM
    No because I found it in Stock but it's $300 more, money isn't an issue for me, but time is lol.
    Only 1 left from the gouge'r I'm sure he made enough to take his Family to Disney world. Wonder who it is? Company insider?
    06-01-17 01:00 PM
600 ... 1415161718 ...