I would be too if I was on the payroll.
    That's why the KEYone is sold out, Steve give CrackBerry all of them lol.
    05-31-17 06:12 PM
    Sold by Blackberry? Where. TCL too. A search on amazon's website turns up neither of these. something listed on Amazon as "by Blackberry" or "by TCL" isn't "sold by" those respectively.

I know there are Amazon apps that have different views on the store and Amazon has different paid placements on different viewers.
    But mine said sold by BlackBerry.
    05-31-17 06:14 PM
    Sold by Blackberry? Where. TCL too. A search on amazon's website turns up neither of these. something listed on Amazon as "by Blackberry" or "by TCL" isn't "sold by" those respectively.

I know there are Amazon apps that have different views on the store and Amazon has different paid placements on different viewers.
    It's just what it says on Amazon. I'm sure meaning a BlackBerry from BlackBerry.
    05-31-17 06:16 PM
    A waiting game now. 😁 lol
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    05-31-17 06:18 PM
    Who thinks some 3rd party reseller types snapped up a bunch of these to resell at higher prices? I will be watching Amazon and ebay to see. A conspiracy theory, but perhaps not so very far fetched.
    05-31-17 06:18 PM
    Well, this whole thing certainly did not end like I thought it would. Ordered mine via Amazon last night when it became available a couple of hours before midnight. It said that there were 17 left in stock so I opted for the "1 day shipping". And yes, as you already know, once my order was placed, it gave me the "shipping might be delayed" message. UGH!!! Well, I'm pretty sure I won't get it by tomorrow (so I better get my 1 day shipping money back). Yep, first world problems, lol. I've waited for a few months for this phone to launch, so I guess another few days (hopefully) is not that bad.
    05-31-17 06:19 PM
    Who thinks some 3rd party reseller types snapped up a bunch of these to resell at higher prices? I will be watching Amazon and ebay to see. A conspiracy theory, but perhaps not so very far fetched.
    It's already on Amazon for same day shipping for $850. They had 16 last night and only 3 left now.
    05-31-17 06:31 PM
    Hmmm, I do wonder if that happened.... weren't the UK phones being sold for over $800? Could be totally possible that some will be sold offered at scalper prices.
    05-31-17 06:31 PM
    I'm not screaming bloody murder. I'm just not so blinded that I can't see what is happening right now. Listen, if you don't feel that any of this launch has been mishandled then you are free to do so. I'm just telling you as many people in here are that their perspective is different then yours. You know like the people who were just told yesterday via Twitter from BlackBerry mobile that they could purchase a CDMA version today.
    Listen I get you and a couple of others who can't seem to admit any sort of fault in this launch got to go on trips and meet a few people and now somehow feel like it's your duty to just not criticize them in any way. I get it. CB is in the same boat now but at least they are getting paid for it.
    It certainly hasn't gone as smooth as it could have. You choose to point out where the faults are. Others choose to point out what has gone as scheduled/reasonable. You're painting the launch as an absolute fail and can't admit to /anything/ that's gone correctly; that's why your viewpoint has met with such resistance and counters. Can you even list what's gone correctly?
    05-31-17 06:37 PM
    Mine from Best Buy has been handed off to UPS at 7:55 PM EST. Its in Fisherville, VA on its way to my hands in Georgia.
    05-31-17 06:42 PM
    It certainly hasn't gone as smooth as it could have. You choose to point out where the faults are. Others choose to point out what has gone as scheduled/reasonable. You're painting the launch as an absolute fail and can't admit to /anything/ that's gone correctly; that's why your viewpoint has met with such resistance and counters. Can you even list what's gone correctly?
    Maybe because not much has gone correctly. If you consider 700 phones at one store in April as making their April promise then maybe a few thousand on May 31st (which they delayed to avoid shortages and meet mass demand) on amazon as making their May deadline with flying colors then yes I guess we can consider those as going right. Now tell me what you feel has gone right?
    And I see you point out that I can't somehow acknowledge what has gone right yet when challenging the people who can't seem to acknowledge what has gone wrong, people get jumped on because they didn't meet Steve or whatever other reason is stated.
    05-31-17 06:44 PM
    Maybe because not much has gone correctly. If you consider 700 phones at one store in April as making their April promise then maybe a few thousand on May 31st (which they delayed to avoid shortages and meet mass demand) on amazon as making their May deadline with flying colors then yes I guess we can consider those as going right. Now tell me what you feel has gone right?
    And I see you point out that I can't somehow acknowledge what has gone right yet when challenging the people who can't seem to acknowledge what has gone wrong, people get jumped on because they didn't meet Steve or whatever other reason is stated.
    If you think stock-outs are an absolute indication of fail, then are you on Apple and Samsung sites to complain there too? Oh, when they do it, it's appropriate marketing strategy? Limit supply to produce artificial demand?

The KEYone is a niche product, agreed? The number of people buying them are much fewer than Apple or Samsung, agreed? Distribution is worldwide. Of course there's going to be limited supply. Further, they're not going to produce a ton of product all at once. They'll spread the manufacturing over time.

When the tweet said that the delay was due to building stock to prevent a stock-out, I posted that I felt it was marketing spin.

Okay, your turn. What did you post that they did right?
    ominaxe likes this.
    05-31-17 06:58 PM
    I don't even think they had that many.
    One downtown Toronto Rogers store had 28, 24 on reservation and 4 for the general public those four were sold by 9:30am
    05-31-17 06:59 PM
    There isn't a single KEYone in any Best Buy stores in the state of Georgia. I ordered from Amazon at 12:10am, but still no email from them saying when they'll ship it.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-17 07:02 PM
    I'm not screaming bloody murder. I'm just not so blinded that I can't see what is happening right now. Listen, if you don't feel that any of this launch has been mishandled then you are free to do so. I'm just telling you as many people in here are that their perspective is different then yours. You know like the people who were just told yesterday via Twitter from BlackBerry mobile that they could purchase a CDMA version today.
    Listen I get you and a couple of others who can't seem to admit any sort of fault in this launch got to go on trips and meet a few people and now somehow feel like it's your duty to just not criticize them in any way. I get it. CB is in the same boat now but at least they are getting paid for it.
    When did I say anything about this launch not being mishandled? I don't think any of us think that this launch has gone off smoothly, unless that one guy who said he thought it was wasn't joking, lol. The difference is those of us who think it's because Cistulli and everyone else for whatever reason didn't want to sell this phone and be successful and was intentionally trying to screw everything up, or that they are all incompetent and the folk here on CB obviously knows how to run a large business better than they do, and those of us who recognize that there could be more than what we completely understand about all of this and that it's foolish to simply jump to conclusions because your emotions tell you to. And equally foolish to assume which group out-number the other. The fact is, people are more likely to post in forums when things are going wrong than when things are going right. You think the few dozen people you see posting here are all of the people actually reading this. There are a whole lot of people who are reading this and do not share your opinion that simply don't care to reply. While pretty much everyone who is up in arms is here actively commenting. So while I am never the one to claim that majority opinion is more valid than a minority opinion (if I did I'd be using a Samsung or iPhone...), I think maybe you need to pump the brakes a little bit before being so 100% sure of your assessment of how much people actually care about this...

Don't get me wrong, I actually like that some people care, but it's like "hey look, another thread started by one of the people who have started 15 of the other threads about the same thing, yipee."
    05-31-17 07:04 PM
    Why didn't they gauge demand by running pre-orders in the months building up to the launch?

That's the obvious way to try and avoid supply issues.

They did it with the Carphone Warehouse in the UK. I don't know how long pre-orders were available for but I didn't hear of anybody failing to buy one due to limited stock from 5th May.
    Well, it depends on WHY there are supply issues. If they are having an actual production issue, such as a supplier for a component isn't coming through, then knowing demand wouldn't help them at all.

Isn't Nintendo right now battling something like that? They are struggling with a component provider to try to meet their demand? Those n00bs...
    05-31-17 07:07 PM
    "Everything is great!"

:-)

Posted with my trusty Z10
    LOL, smart-butt.
    05-31-17 07:08 PM
    I'm not saying TCL should have said that. But they shouldn't have said the opposite which was "we are making sure there won't be stock outs. I'm saying Crackberry could have easily made some blog posts stating that inventory could be low or that there might be some confusion on launch day. But all we essentially got nothing, which led many to belive that this might finally be a good rollout of a BlackBerry product.
    Well yah, I'm pretty sure we all can agree that was more of a trying to save face kind of comment due to John Chen just blabbering out that the phone is delayed, lol.
    05-31-17 07:11 PM
    I wonder how the UK & Canadian launch is doing. My guess they made sure to stock those markets well and left us out to dry.
    05-31-17 07:17 PM
    Well yah, I'm pretty sure we all can agree that was more of a trying to save face kind of comment due to John Chen just blabbering out that the phone is delayed, lol.
    Lol Agreed
    05-31-17 07:18 PM
    Ordered from bestbuy today around noon est. Got the shipping notification around 4pm. Then right after I see bestbuy is sold out.
    05-31-17 07:40 PM
    Ordered from bestbuy today around noon est. Got the shipping notification around 4pm. Then right after I see bestbuy is sold out.
    Good for you! I've stopped looking at Best Buy, they're never going to have the CDMA
    05-31-17 07:50 PM
    A seller listed the phone on Amazon for $544.

https://www.amazon.com/BlackBerry-Ke...UvbUpU12899331
    05-31-17 07:56 PM
    A seller listed the phone on Amazon for $544.

https://www.amazon.com/BlackBerry-Ke...UvbUpU12899344
    Just saw that! Too bad I'm in need of cdma
    05-31-17 08:03 PM
    Honestly I feel the Priv launch was even more of a disaster compared to this one which speaks volumes.
    The Priv release (at least for the GSM version) was a dream compared to this. No communication but then it suddenly appeared. Of course, Verizon had to wait five months to get it.
    ttxcsabby likes this.
    05-31-17 08:04 PM
600 ... 1213141516 ...