I sure don't think that, but I know one phone that was in short supply that everyone could only buy at one time.

And I don't get what being on another continent has to do with anything. He travels all the time and posts, big deal. I'm not out on a witch hunt for Kevin, but I think its a shame that he's the one who helped build this type of fever for a device but then is no where to be seen or heard from days up to and on launch day before the **** hits the fan. He generated a ton of buzz for the phone, but when production issues and delays started popping up he wasn't really heard from. I'm sure that's a part of his deal with TCL, but to me its kind of disheartening. But hey, the guy's got to make a living.
    I was just letting you know in case you thought he was just sitting at home reading these forums. He's actually at a conference right now. I know he can multi-task, but still wouldn't expect that he would have read all of this, lol.

But anyway, I'm not going to argue that they didn't know about it, they are working closely together so they might have, but I don't have any inside knowledge to say for sure one way or another, but I'm curious, what could have been said about it that would have made it better? Would it have been better if they had posted a front page article telling everyone they will be disappointed at the launch? I'm just not really sure what you are expecting...
    05-31-17 05:20 PM
    I was just letting you know in case you thought he was just sitting at home reading these forums. He's actually at a conference right now. I know he can multi-task, but still wouldn't expect that he would have read all of this, lol.

But anyway, I'm not going to argue that they didn't know about it, they are working closely together so they might have, but I don't have any inside knowledge to say for sure one way or another, but I'm curious, what could have been said about it that would have made it better? Would it have been better if they had posted a front page article telling everyone they will be disappointed at the launch? I'm just not really sure what you are expecting...
    No not at all, but they could have set reasonable expectations. If they would have communicated maybe a little bit clearer that the KEYone was going to be in very short supply and that it might be tough to get one on launch day it might have lessened the blow for some. But instead we got meetups, very vague in any information, and really kind of left in the dark for the first time that a BlackBerry phone was released. Again, I realize this isn't the end of the world, but TCL made the choice to put out the tweet that they delayed the phone so there wouldn't be stock outs, which was essentially a lie that was kept rolling here up until (sort of) launch day.
    05-31-17 05:24 PM
    Seriously, who actually comes to a forum to post: "Everything is ok"?? lol
    I chose that term rather then choosing the terms that get you all up in arms. If you want I'll go ahead.
    More seem upset then there are apologists and people excusing this launch. There is that better for you.
    05-31-17 05:25 PM
    I am sure CBK and blaze1 are happy about the launch . They're both very positive when it comes to blackberry.
    05-31-17 05:28 PM
    No not at all, but they could have set reasonable expectations. If they would have communicated maybe a little bit clearer that the KEYone was going to be in very short supply and that it might be tough to get one on launch day it might have lessened the blow for some. But instead we got meetups, very vague in any information, and really kind of left in the dark for the first time that a BlackBerry phone was released. Again, I realize this isn't the end of the world, but TCL made the choice to put out the tweet that they delayed the phone so there wouldn't be stock outs, which was essentially a lie that was kept rolling here up until (sort of) launch day.
    I still don't really see what any company could say about short supply that would make anyone happy. Regardless of if they said anything or not, the fastest ones will still be the only ones who will get one, leaving everyone else in the cold. Are you saying that had they said something before that those left out in the cold would just be like "Well, they said so, this is ok"?? I'm not trying to be an ***, I am honestly asking maybe for like an example of what you would have deemed as satisfactory.
    05-31-17 05:33 PM
    I chose that term rather then choosing the terms that get you all up in arms. If you want I'll go ahead.
    More seem upset then there are apologists and people excusing this launch. There is that better for you.
    But that's because "apologists" is a term people like you made up to describe those who are not screaming bloody murder over everything the same way you are... So of course there's fewer of them commenting, because they don't actually exist... Ok, maybe there's like 2 people I have in mind that actually do fit that, but I won't throw them under the bus because so far they've been polite with me, haha.
    05-31-17 05:34 PM
    Feel so bad for those who are still waiting and waiting...

When my Priv mic died in January, I held off anticipating the Key1 would come soon after MWC. When Steve said the delay was due to high demand, I smelled BS and decided to go ahead and get a new phone.

Switched to an LG G6 and learning to type on glass (it gets better after a while)
    hoytbowhunter, Bay 13 and mister2d like this.
    05-31-17 05:37 PM
    Estimated delivery for anybody that didn't get that order through last night is June 30th according to Amazon. Just got off the phone with them.
    What time last night? I called them and they said June 5th - 9th
    05-31-17 05:39 PM
    I think you ordered one via TCL communication and TCL also went out of stock after.
    05-31-17 05:40 PM
    But that's because "apologists" is a term people like you made up to describe those who are not screaming bloody murder over everything the same way you are... So of course there's fewer of them commenting, because they don't actually exist... Ok, maybe there's like 2 people I have in mind that actually do fit that, but I won't throw them under the bus because so far they've been polite with me, haha.
    I'm not screaming bloody murder. I'm just not so blinded that I can't see what is happening right now. Listen, if you don't feel that any of this launch has been mishandled then you are free to do so. I'm just telling you as many people in here are that their perspective is different then yours. You know like the people who were just told yesterday via Twitter from BlackBerry mobile that they could purchase a CDMA version today.
    Listen I get you and a couple of others who can't seem to admit any sort of fault in this launch got to go on trips and meet a few people and now somehow feel like it's your duty to just not criticize them in any way. I get it. CB is in the same boat now but at least they are getting paid for it.
    krazyatom and mister2d like this.
    05-31-17 05:41 PM
    I ordered before Amazon sold out, but I still get the notification that Amazon will email me when my KEYone is shipping, but they've already charged my card. I hope mine is on the way.
    If they're already charged you then yours is on the way, Amazon has never taken money out until it's shipped.
    05-31-17 05:41 PM
    Why didn't they gauge demand by running pre-orders in the months building up to the launch?

That's the obvious way to try and avoid supply issues.

They did it with the Carphone Warehouse in the UK. I don't know how long pre-orders were available for but I didn't hear of anybody failing to buy one due to limited stock from 5th May.
    05-31-17 05:42 PM
    Seriously, who actually comes to a forum to post: "Everything is ok"?? lol
    "Everything is great!"

:-)

Posted with my trusty Z10
    05-31-17 05:44 PM
    I think you ordered one via TCL communication and TCL also went out of stock after.
    Mine showed sold by BlackBerry, but it's still saying I'll get an email when it's available. Sad 😔
    krazyatom likes this.
    05-31-17 05:47 PM
    Wasn't the delay to make sure there was inventory to meet demand? It is beginning to look like BlackBerry Mobile only had a few on hand at each of the retail places. So much for preparation.
    From reports from Canada here on these forums there are stores there where you walk in and buy. There is only one factory. If they delayed in March and then opened to UK and had shortages after the initial set was sold. Then opened in Germany a week or so later where the same thing happened. Then opened pre-orders in Canada where set records (https://crackberry.com/keyone-has-re...XjQscUMAJ2H.97 ) .

if they under estimated demand at every step then a fixed length delay from March to May 31 wouldn't necessarily correct the problem.

I suspect that the CDMA phone allotment that was planned for middle-late May from factory go reallocated to backfilling European and Canadian orders that blew past estimates. It is the same basic hardware for each of the phones. Those phones loaded up with the other software modem firmware work as "GSM" phones.

I also think their market rollout segmentation isn't working so well. The UK and Germany phones are "leaking" out to many other EU market countries ( which further thins out the supply ). Selfridges was shipping out to USA and Canada the European versions. That probably didn't help smooth out the roll out either. ( there is an Amazon entry hocking Euro versions in the USA. )

France is suppose to go "sales active" in a week or two. It is highly doubtful that BBMobile is going to catch up to all the other places where there is a suppply-demand mismatch before adding yet another one. There will be another small "Rob Peter to pay Paul" shift in production to get an initial batch out to France and then back to backfilling orders.

Very disappointing to see not in Stock posted at Best Buy and at Amazon.
    If BBMobile had not delayed and tried to launch in UK, Germany, USA, Canada, and other countries in Europe all on the same day and "in Stock" evaporated in 1/4 the amount of time as it has so far .... that would have been better?

If had bothered to look at BBMobile's site all month at the UK and Germany versions you'd have seen exactly that at least one of the three stores in each country have been in that state all month. The notion that the supply was going to overwhelmingly high and that the delay completely solved the problem was those who were not looking. The raw data evidence was on the BBMobile site for a month.

I didn't think they were going to run out in a matter of hours and not have enough to even start up amazon.ca at all. That was kind of surprising.
    05-31-17 05:48 PM
    BlackBerry is a joke lol. I still love them though and in hurry even if it comes at the end of the month. Gives me time to wait for the best accessory screen protector in the mean time anyway. Seeing a lot of cheap crap on Amazon so far.
    05-31-17 05:54 PM
    Mine showed sold by BlackBerry, but it's still saying I'll get an email when it's available. Sad
    It's only a week delay for you! Just be patient.
    05-31-17 05:54 PM
    BlackBerry is a joke lol. I still love them though and in hurry even if it comes at the end of the month. Gives me time to wait for the best accessory screen protector in the mean time anyway. Seeing a lot of cheap crap on Amazon so far.
    I'm going nuts wondering lol
    05-31-17 05:55 PM
    It's only a week delay for you! Just be patient.
    I don't care if it's a few days! The way TCL botched this is a joke, so many people have said screw it! BlackBerry should have handled it, every phone I've bought from them was perfect.
    05-31-17 05:56 PM
    think you ordered one via TCL communication
    Mine showed sold by BlackBerry, but it's still saying I'll get an email when it's available. Sad ������
    Sold by Blackberry? Where. TCL too. A search on amazon's website turns up neither of these. something listed on Amazon as "by Blackberry" or "by TCL" isn't "sold by" those respectively.

I know there are Amazon apps that have different views on the store and Amazon has different paid placements on different viewers.
    05-31-17 05:56 PM
    It might be their way of gauging consumer demand which is a marketing strategy. For those who could not buy a BlackBerry KEYone today, particularly those people living in the USA, from a wireless carrier, it is a disappointing day. Buy off-contract was always a risky proposition for this smartphone. If you can buy it and receive it within the next week, all is not lost.
    If it is intended to gauge the market demand, sure it would be confusion. Just look at those jumpy chaps put all the order on amazon and followed by driving and cycling like mad to pick up a unit from 250 miles radius of best buy, and come back to cancel their 1st order. Hopefully, they got good algorithm to sort it all out and plus the estimated those going to make extra up to 100, for quick sell.. funny way to gauge... IMHO.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-17 05:59 PM
    I am sure CBK and blaze1 are happy about the launch . They're both very positive when it comes to blackberry.
    I would be too if I was on the payroll.
    krazyatom and hoytbowhunter like this.
    05-31-17 05:59 PM
    I'm going nuts wondering lol
    Honestly I feel the Priv launch was even more of a disaster compared to this one which speaks volumes.
    hoytbowhunter likes this.
    05-31-17 06:01 PM
    Intel just launched 32GB Optane memory, and I can't buy it at Micro Center. Intel is a POC company!

Seriously, products launch slowly all the time, and stock outs are also normal. Not every product launch looks like the iPhone or Samsung flagships. They are the exception.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    Nathan Conley likes this.
    05-31-17 06:02 PM
    I still don't really see what any company could say about short supply that would make anyone happy. Regardless of if they said anything or not, the fastest ones will still be the only ones who will get one, leaving everyone else in the cold. Are you saying that had they said something before that those left out in the cold would just be like "Well, they said so, this is ok"?? I'm not trying to be an ***, I am honestly asking maybe for like an example of what you would have deemed as satisfactory.
    I'm not saying TCL should have said that. But they shouldn't have said the opposite which was "we are making sure there won't be stock outs. I'm saying Crackberry could have easily made some blog posts stating that inventory could be low or that there might be some confusion on launch day. But all we essentially got nothing, which led many to belive that this might finally be a good rollout of a BlackBerry product.
    hoytbowhunter likes this.
    05-31-17 06:08 PM
600 ... 1112131415 ...