He's posted pictures that were taken of KEYone's in shapes of numbers. He's posted one time today so he's obviously visited the forums. I'm just saying that I highly doubt that he wasn't aware that this was going to be a problem and the fact that no one from the staff has said a thing about this speaks volumes.
    He's posting, not reading. What would you have him tell us? And how would that have affected things, given that Amazon and Best Buy sold their allocation early without notice?
    05-31-17 03:28 PM
    She came! Ain't she beautiful?!
    Cool but you are no longer allowed in this thread. You must move along to the "I got my KEYone" thread.

lol

kidding of course. I ordered before 11pm on the 30th so I am still hoping that I get mine (2) within the next 7 days. Sh!t I better if TCL was going to be getting them to customer by the 6th.
    dollface and Nathan Conley like this.
    05-31-17 03:30 PM
    Just got tracking for my Best Buy order...so happy
    dollface likes this.
    05-31-17 03:32 PM
    Cool but you are no longer allowed in this thread. You must move along to the "I got my KEYone" thread.

lol

kidding of course. I ordered before 11pm on the 30th so I am still hoping that I get mine (2) within the next 7 days. Sh!t I better if TCL was going to be getting them to customer by the 6th.
    hahahaha
    05-31-17 03:32 PM
    Of course they were aware of all this. Running meetups into the end of June was a pretty good sign that they knew this was coming. They are now TCL and have lost some of the impartiality they had as they will not criticize this launch likely. Similar to a few others in here who will never admit how flawed this whole thing has been. Almost as though its their livelihood on the line haha.
    Similarly, there are those complainers who will never admit that their predictions of a no-show for the KEYone on May 31st is completely wrong. Instead, they cling to the idea that sold out inventory means it's a no-show.
    Nathan Conley likes this.
    05-31-17 03:33 PM
    Nobody would know that but judging from the fact that the only people who really knew they could order this thing late last night were people here on CB (who happened to be in the forums) and seeing how many of them actually got an order in and a device shipped out (not too many from the feedback in here), its highly unlikely the number sold is in even in the tens of thousands. Just a wild guess though. I could be wrong and they could have sold much more then that.
    I saw a facebook post by BlackBerry Mobile and someone commented that it was available on Amazon around 10:30. That is where I read it.
    05-31-17 03:34 PM
    Even the dual layered OEM case is not available on Amazon!
    You weren't quick enough.
    05-31-17 03:34 PM
    Similarly, there are those complainers who will never admit that their predictions of a no-show for the KEYone on May 31st is completely wrong. Instead, they cling to the idea that sold out inventory means it's a no-show.
    If you are referring to me, I never said it would be a no show on May 31st.
    05-31-17 03:35 PM
    He's posting, not reading. What would you have him tell us? And how would that have affected things, given that Amazon and Best Buy sold their allocation early without notice?
    Just saying that in the past there have been blog posts leading up to and on launch dates. Celebratory posts, questions and answers posts, stories of purchases posts. Silence speaks volumes.
    05-31-17 03:40 PM
    I miss those keyone defenders They're silent today.
    05-31-17 03:43 PM
    Wasn't the delay to make sure there was inventory to meet demand? It is beginning to look like BlackBerry Mobile only had a few on hand at each of the retail places. So much for preparation. Very disappointing to see not in Stock posted at Best Buy and at Amazon.
    05-31-17 03:50 PM
    Just saying that in the past there have been blog posts leading up to and on launch dates. Celebratory posts, questions and answers posts, stories of purchases posts. Silence speaks volumes.
    Are you saying that instead, we have all these threads still inundated with "failed launch", "terrible launch"? There are only about a handful of people perpetuating it, so take heart.
    Guiglet likes this.
    05-31-17 03:57 PM
    Lol
    Attached Thumbnails SOLD OUT!-612.jpg  
    05-31-17 04:04 PM
    Are you saying that instead, we have all these threads still inundated with "failed launch", "terrible launch"? There are only about a handful of people perpetuating it, so take heart.
    Actually seems like a lot more people are upset at the launch then there are claiming its been okay. Heck not even Bla1Ze or Kevin have praised it (I think what donnation is referring to) as they would have in the past.
    05-31-17 04:04 PM
    Does everyone's elses keyboard feel kinda 'rubbery'?
    05-31-17 04:10 PM
    Drove 3.5 hours to Chattanooga Tennessee to get mine! None were available in the state of Kentucky and only 4 in the state of Tennessee!
    Now that is dedication. Any excuse for a road trip on a warm, sunny spring day eh?
    05-31-17 04:31 PM
    Does everyone's elses keyboard feel kinda 'rubbery'?
    My keyboard feels soothing to my thumbs. No rubbery feel, just good tactile feedback. I really liked the BlackBerry PRIV keyboard but this keyboard on the BlackBerry feels way better.
    stlabrat and Wrec like this.
    05-31-17 04:37 PM
    Wasn't the delay to make sure there was inventory to meet demand? It is beginning to look like BlackBerry Mobile only had a few on hand at each of the retail places. So much for preparation. Very disappointing to see not in Stock posted at Best Buy and at Amazon.
    It might be their way of gauging consumer demand which is a marketing strategy. For those who could not buy a BlackBerry KEYone today, particularly those people living in the USA, from a wireless carrier, it is a disappointing day. Buy off-contract was always a risky proposition for this smartphone. If you can buy it and receive it within the next week, all is not lost.
    05-31-17 04:43 PM
    My order just shipped from Best Buy!! =D
    Nathan Conley likes this.
    05-31-17 04:44 PM
    just picked up from best buy. better build than what i expected. Looks awesome. Scrolling is smooth. Faster than my Priv
    05-31-17 04:51 PM
    What I'm saying is that I would be shocked to know that the leaders of CrackBerry weren't aware of this and what was going to happen on May 31st. There was no mention of the countdown on CrackBerry, and really nothing on Instagram but the pictures. In years past there were constant blog posts about upcoming devices, where to buy them, etc. On launch days there were "Happy (whatever device) day," stories about people purchasing them, and just general excitement about the launch of a phone. With this phone, pretty much nothing up until its release date beyond the instagram posts. To me that's a pretty clear indication that they were aware that this launch was going to be a cluster, and they've stayed far away from it today because being on TCL's payroll they can't really comment on it. Nothing wrong with it, I just find it kind of depressing.
    mister2d likes this.
    05-31-17 05:02 PM
    What I'm saying is that I would be shocked to know that the leaders of CrackBerry weren't aware of this and what was going to happen on May 31st. There was no mention of the countdown on CrackBerry, and really nothing on Instagram but the pictures. In years past there were constant blog posts about upcoming devices, where to buy them, etc. On launch days there were "Happy (whatever device) day," stories about people purchasing them, and just general excitement about the launch of a phone. With this phone, pretty much nothing up until its release date beyond the instagram posts. To me that's a pretty clear indication that they were aware that this launch was going to be a cluster, and they've stayed far away from it today because being on TCL's payroll they can't really comment on it. Nothing wrong with it, I just find it kind of depressing.
    If Kevin or Bla1ze ever catch up on these longs threads, perhaps they'll enlighten us.

If looking from a positive point of view, perhaps they're not concerned about the launch because they don't think there will be an issue with selling the KEYone? Previous launches have been make or break for BlackBerry and thus, in need of much cheerleading.
    05-31-17 05:10 PM
    Yes, but how many of those other phones that have been out would have sold in a 24 hour period? Not many I would bet. No, I don't think they made too few phones to make a profit. and I understand your point.

What I find most disheartening, is that TCL and CrackBerry both knew what the situation was with this phone. They knew they didn't have nearly enough stock of it, which was next to nothing. TCL and BBMobile didn't say a thing regarding the launch until the day before, because they didn't have the phones ready.

I also find it disheartening that CrackBerry was obviously aware of this. There was zero discussion on the blog around the release of this phone until the day of. Nothing from Kevin, no day of launch post (besides where you can't buy it), just total silence. Again, we aren't talking life or death here but don't tell me Kevin wasn't aware of this. No one's heard a peep from him on the biggest day BlackBerry's had in a while, and he's on TCL's payroll. Just kind of disappointing, because in the old days he would have been all over this forum on a launch day.
    You think people only buy phones at certain times? There are people buying phones every day for different reasons. I just bought a phone for my mother. My wife will soon buy a phone for her mother. Why? Because they needed it. Nothing to do with launches, this or that. Those phones are selling every day regardless of what other phone companies are doing or not doing...

BTW, Kevin's not even on this continent right now, lol.
    DolemiteDONS likes this.
    05-31-17 05:12 PM
    You think people only buy phones at certain times? There are people buying phones every day for different reasons. I just bought a phone for my mother. My wife will soon buy a phone for her mother. Why? Because they needed it. Nothing to do with launches, this or that. Those phones are selling every day regardless of what other phone companies are doing or not doing...

BTW, Kevin's not even on this continent right now, lol.
    I sure don't think that, but I know one phone that was in short supply that everyone could only buy at one time.

And I don't get what being on another continent has to do with anything. He travels all the time and posts, big deal. I'm not out on a witch hunt for Kevin, but I think its a shame that he's the one who helped build this type of fever for a device but then is no where to be seen or heard from days up to and on launch day before the **** hits the fan. He generated a ton of buzz for the phone, but when production issues and delays started popping up he wasn't really heard from. I'm sure that's a part of his deal with TCL, but to me its kind of disheartening. But hey, the guy's got to make a living.
    05-31-17 05:16 PM
    Actually seems like a lot more people are upset at the launch then there are claiming its been okay. Heck not even Bla1Ze or Kevin have praised it (I think what donnation is referring to) as they would have in the past.
    Seriously, who actually comes to a forum to post: "Everything is ok"?? lol
    05-31-17 05:17 PM
600 ... 1011121314 ...