Many of the people who go to youtube to watch reviews are the same people who come to forums to read about them. So yes, even including them, we are still the minority. Go stop 100 people off the street and ask them if they've even heard of the KEYone... I'm betting you less than 10 would even know what it is, much less know about the launch situation and what-not...
    So if that the case then this launch is even more ridiculous then I originally thought because judging by the forums even this minority here at CB couldn't get the device.
    Now I do recall you were pretty confident you would get one on May 31. Did you?
    05-31-17 01:45 PM
    Drove 3.5 hours to Chattanooga Tennessee to get mine! None were available in the state of Kentucky and only 4 in the state of Tennessee!
    Well done! And the amazing thing is that all of that effort took less time than some of the folks around here spent complaining that they couldn't click and buy it at Amazon at 12:01 AM.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    05-31-17 01:47 PM
    Had my son in Indianapolis check (Not exactly a small town) and no devices within 250 miles. Totally unbelievable.Attachment 424220
    Type the City name. not the very specific zip code. BestBuy's site is updating in a funky way. If try to look at very specific stores it wasn't eariler in the day.

However, since Amazon ran dry and everyone is looking at BestBuy ... it is dry now too. You can type in "New York, NY" into the location box at Best Buy's website... it is dry there now too. It isn't about little or big city at this point.

Again this is probably contributing reason as to why the emails didn't go out quicker to those who registered. Things would have gotten to this exact same state in a fraction of the time. The availability was already extremely low and post email notifications going out things are completely drained.
    05-31-17 01:49 PM
    So if that the case then this launch is even more ridiculous then I originally thought because judging by the forums even this minority here at CB couldn't get the device.
    Now I do recall you were pretty confident you would get one on May 31. Did you?
    They obviously didn't even plan for a big launch. I didn't have any expectations for advertising prior to launch because BB isn't a company [normal] people will actually sit and wait for, but it's after the launch and still nothing, lol. But whatever, sucks for us, but for them they are selling the amount they were planning to sell. They probably should have planned to sell more seeing as how it's being sold out everywhere...

I am getting one, but don't have one yet. I've been so busy lately I barely remembered that today is the 31st, lol. Also trying to sell some other phones to get some money back, just bought my mother a brand new phone, so I'm actually not in a huge hurry to spend more money to be quite honest with you...
    05-31-17 01:50 PM
    Funny thing is a lot of people said they won't buy it and now it's sold out.

Looks like it worked well for BlackBerry. Perhaps they didn't anticipate the demand that much or were following ranting forums here since many didn't want it any more.

Nevertheless, quite happy that it's selling well.
    cbvinh likes this.
    05-31-17 01:50 PM
    Funny thing is a lot of people said they won't buy it and now it's sold out.

Looks like it worked well for BlackBerry. Perhaps they didn't anticipate the demand that much or were following ranting forums here since many didn't want it any more.

Nevertheless, quite happy that it's selling well.
    Yes, or they are still having issues with the production and couldn't produce enough, but knew if they delayed again there would just be more moaning. If that's the case, then I guess they were screwed no matter which way they chose to go, lol.
    05-31-17 01:52 PM
    Something tells me scalpers bought up a majority of the limited stock Amazon had. Expect to see BBB100-1 GSM units pop up on eBay or even Amazon from third-party sellers at a horrific price.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    05-31-17 01:58 PM
    C'mon - don't be rude.* It's fair to say for many of us, that*given that BBs were always available online direct,* BB Mobile would be offering the same thing and there was never anything put out by the company in advance*that they were going to go via a different sales route.* If they were intending all along NOT to offer that - why bother offering the 'pre-register' online as it was really disingenuous of them!**BB Mobile has only just now sent out an email (2pm EST) to those who pre-registered saying that it is available at Best Buy and Amazon.* Had BB Mobile said from the get go that the device would NOT be available through them - many of us wouldn't be as irritated as we are by it.* I called them because the lack of any information on the site and the lack of availability this morning at Best Buy and Amazon for my area, meant that I was trying to get hold of one from the manufacturer.* THAT's why I called.
    I understand your point of view now. When you got into the BlackBerry game, BlackBerry was selling direct. I got into BlackBerry in 2011, when they were still dependent on carriers and other retailers. The whole direct sale thing evolved out of BlackBerry falling from grace and no longer carried by carriers and retailers. So, for the normal course of things, direct sales was not common when I got my first BlackBerry, but it was for you.

Your post count is pretty low, so you probably don't frequent here a lot, which means you probably didn't know that:

1. BlackBerry Mobile is TCL which is licensing from BlackBerry to produce the hardware. They're a different entity and therefore will most likely operate differently.
    2. TCL doesn't have an online shop, normally selling through retailers.
    3. The press release yesterday said Amazon and Best Buy, while an email reposted several times in the forums leaked that info for at least a week.
    4. Amazon and Best Buy sold their allocation early, so if you aren't a frequent visitor to this site, you would've missed out. (I'm not sure how BlackBerry Mobile can enforce rules on Amazon and Best Buy when they're probably just happy to have retailers willing to sell the KEYone. What's the penalty? Withhold product, like Apple does?)
    05-31-17 02:01 PM
    Verizon is one of the few carriers that still use CDMA... One day they'll join the rest of the world of GSM, lol.
    Actually GSM along with CDMA are older "1st gen" and "2nd gen" technology that all the US cell carriers will probably be dumping over the next 10-15 years. The world is heading toward voice over IP (VOIP) and 4G-5G LTE based technologies. All the 3G technologies that "GSM" networks used were based on actual CDMA protocol (the protocol not the nickname for the mobile telephony implementation)

So no CDMA the protocol is not dead. The older phone tech 2G (and older) are all going to die off over next decade or two.
    05-31-17 02:04 PM
    She came! Ain't she beautiful?!
    Attached Thumbnails SOLD OUT!-1598016.jpg  
    cbvinh, PaulaJava, c_rey and 2 others like this.
    05-31-17 02:10 PM
    Lucky bastad! Enjoy the phone and watch in the stands as the rest of us tear each other apart on these forums.
    05-31-17 02:14 PM
    I jumped on it as soon as I saw the someone had posted it was available and was one of the luck few. I can't wait for tomorrow!!
    05-31-17 02:19 PM
    Where did you get it from?
    05-31-17 02:20 PM
    I know in these forums it's either you're a fanboy or you're a negative nancy... But here is something in the middle. Obviously they didn't have that many in stock. I don't think they sold millions or hundreds of thousands, but you have to notice that all of the other phones in the top selling list are under $150. Those are literally the types of Androids that sell the most. So to have a phone costing $550 beat the sales of these budget phones that usually dominate in sales every day, is nothing to just disregard completely...

Again, I'm not saying the phone is some huge success, but if TCL is selling the units they have made available, then they are doing ok. Unless you think TCL made too few phones to turn a profit? In that case I have to wonder how TCL have been doing it as a company all of these years...
    Yes, but how many of those other phones that have been out would have sold in a 24 hour period? Not many I would bet. No, I don't think they made too few phones to make a profit. and I understand your point.

What I find most disheartening, is that TCL and CrackBerry both knew what the situation was with this phone. They knew they didn't have nearly enough stock of it, which was next to nothing. TCL and BBMobile didn't say a thing regarding the launch until the day before, because they didn't have the phones ready.

I also find it disheartening that CrackBerry was obviously aware of this. There was zero discussion on the blog around the release of this phone until the day of. Nothing from Kevin, no day of launch post (besides where you can't buy it), just total silence. Again, we aren't talking life or death here but don't tell me Kevin wasn't aware of this. No one's heard a peep from him on the biggest day BlackBerry's had in a while, and he's on TCL's payroll. Just kind of disappointing, because in the old days he would have been all over this forum on a launch day.
    saf20016 and bluesqueen23 like this.
    05-31-17 02:37 PM
    You mean Amazon could only sold 10 phones per 24 hours? For their best selling list... the bar is so low that Blu didn't make it?
    Wow, the hudge fund Mgr take notes.

Posted via CB10
    I was being sarcastic. Of course I know that they sold more than 10. I would bet it was around 100. My point was that any new phone that sells a decent amount would go to the top of the best sellers list. CrackBerry members were the only ones who knew the phone was even available before the 31st, and there was maybe 50-100 that got in on it before the shipping defaulted back to TCL because they were out of stock.
    05-31-17 02:42 PM
  16. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Indeed! Envious!!.. will get ONE soon when back in stock....

Posted via CB10
    05-31-17 02:45 PM
    I also find it disheartening that CrackBerry was obviously aware of this. There was zero discussion on the blog around the release of this phone until the day of. Nothing from Kevin, no day of launch post (besides where you can't buy it), just total silence. Again, we aren't talking life or death here but don't tell me Kevin wasn't aware of this. No one's heard a peep from him on the biggest day BlackBerry's had in a while, and he's on TCL's payroll. Just kind of disappointing, because in the old days he would have been all over this forum on a launch day.
    Um... Kevin's been posting the countdown on his Twitter and said he'd be at Computex in Taipei during the launch... He posted about this during his catch-up after being out sick.
    05-31-17 02:49 PM
    Dammit, where's the UPS truck.

The microSD card I got came in but still waiting for the KEYone!
    05-31-17 02:51 PM
    Um... Kevin's been posting the countdown on his Twitter and said he'd be at Computex in Taipei during the launch... He posted about this during his catch-up after being out sick.
    He's posted pictures that were taken of KEYone's in shapes of numbers. He's posted one time today so he's obviously visited the forums. I'm just saying that I highly doubt that he wasn't aware that this was going to be a problem and the fact that no one from the staff has said a thing about this speaks volumes.
    GrandMobile and saf20016 like this.
    05-31-17 02:55 PM
    This was just posted to twitter
    Nathan Conley likes this.
    05-31-17 02:58 PM
    He's posted pictures that were taken of KEYone's in shapes of numbers. He's posted one time today so he's obviously visited the forums. I'm just saying that I highly doubt that he wasn't aware that this was going to be a problem and the fact that no one from the staff has said a thing about this speaks volumes.
    Of course they were aware of all this. Running meetups into the end of June was a pretty good sign that they knew this was coming. They are now TCL and have lost some of the impartiality they had as they will not criticize this launch likely. Similar to a few others in here who will never admit how flawed this whole thing has been. Almost as though its their livelihood on the line haha.
    mister2d likes this.
    05-31-17 03:00 PM
    I purchased mine in the Selfridges store on 29th April, 2 days after launch, I was told by the sales guy I had one of the last 10 they had in stock. He told me they had around 700 units for Launch day.
    Interesting. I purchased mine on the 29th (online). Thought it was released that day. It wasn't available on their website until the 29th. Makes me wonder how many were bought by locals. Selling almost 700 over the counter instead of online would be an easier way to gauge interest.
    05-31-17 03:03 PM
    Even the dual layered OEM case is not available on Amazon!
    05-31-17 03:19 PM
    How many keyones are sold in US si far? 1 million or half million? Any idea?
    05-31-17 03:21 PM
    How many keyones are sold in US si far? 1 million or half million? Any idea?
    Nobody would know that but judging from the fact that the only people who really knew they could order this thing late last night were people here on CB (who happened to be in the forums) and seeing how many of them actually got an order in and a device shipped out (not too many from the feedback in here), its highly unlikely the number sold is in even in the tens of thousands. Just a wild guess though. I could be wrong and they could have sold much more then that.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and krazyatom like this.
    05-31-17 03:23 PM
600 ... 910111213 ...