Well Amazon finally put the CDMA model back on their site. SOLD OUT!-blackberrycdma.jpg
    05-31-17 12:50 PM
    No bestbuy in California has any apparently. Just missed out on literally the last one in West Hollywood as I was about to enter my payment info. Not sure if I want to wait another month after this.
    05-31-17 12:52 PM
    Drove 3.5 hours to Chattanooga Tennessee to get mine! None were available in the state of Kentucky and only 4 in the state of Tennessee!
    Congrats!

Mine is coming via UPS today but Best Buys show none available 250miles around me. And I'm in the Silicone Valley area of California!
    Kingdom_Living likes this.
    05-31-17 12:52 PM
    Not a good start for a product that was so hyped up.
    There's been a lot of complainers that have said it's not been "hyped up".

Amazon and Best Buy started sales early. Sorry you missed, as you're more deserving of getting it early than some of the complainers that said it wouldn't be out on May 31st, and yet were able to snag one. "Somehow" the "lack" of communications told them when and where to buy.
    05-31-17 12:54 PM
    Or that they simply made a very small number of stock. Sold out? That fast? A blackberry? Without any kind of marketing? Please
    Yes, they didn't produce a lot and the point the other poster was making is that marketing wouldn't have helped all the disappointments, only added to it.
    05-31-17 12:57 PM
    Lol,
    You're kidding yourself. There was next to zero inventory in stock for this phone. They could have released 10 of these and it still would have been the most sold phone in the last 24 hours. CrackBerry members bought what was available, which was next to nothing.
    You mean Amazon could only sold 10 phones per 24 hours? For their best selling list... the bar is so low that Blu didn't make it?
    Wow, the hudge fund Mgr take notes.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-17 12:59 PM
    Nothing in the Charlotte, NC area at all with Best Buy. BlackberryMobile told me this morning that they don't have date at all when it will be available online with them direct. As of now - just Amazon and BestBuy (whose website threw me out twice as I had the darn thing in the cart and now says unavailable). Thanks a lot BB/TCL.
    Why are you reporting this information as if you've done some investigative work? There's a press release on the front page of CrackBerry that says Amazon and Best Buy are sales points.
    05-31-17 01:07 PM
    It was about a 100. Honestly.
    05-31-17 01:09 PM
    The way they distributed the phones is odd to me. Like every Best Buy in South Florida has stock, but none in Chicago (just an example)...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    They probably should have been more specific on the pre-reg page. Instead of just country, they needed cities in the U.S. Of course, it might just be Best Buy deciding where to put inventory.
    05-31-17 01:10 PM
    Just got email from BBM. Buy now active button on the bottom. https://www.blackberrymobile.com/us/...now_keyone_btn

Posted via CB10
    05-31-17 01:10 PM
    From: BlackBerry Mobile [mailto[email protected]. net] On Behalf Of BlackBerry Mobile
    Sent: Wednesday, May 31, 2017 2:03 PM
    To: =?utf-8?Q??=
    Subject: ������ KEYone On-Sale at Amazon & Best Buy
    📣*KEYone On-Sale at Amazon & Best Buy
    05-31-17 01:11 PM
    No bestbuy in California has any apparently. Just missed out on literally the last one in West Hollywood as I was about to enter my payment info. Not sure if I want to wait another month after this.
    Certainly not anymore. I saw it go live around 10:50 PM PST last night, then go out of stock, at least in my area.
    05-31-17 01:16 PM
    Just got back from picking mine up at bestbuy. Drove from Eastern PA to NJ. Bestbuy site showed none within 250 miles, yet when I put in the NJ store zip code(70 miles away) it showed up as pickup in store last night
    05-31-17 01:17 PM
    5/30 5:22 PM: Placed order on Amazon.
    5/31 10:32AM: Credit card charged, Amazon shows preparing for shipment.
    5/31 11:05AM: Received email that the phone is now on sale.
    No Best Buy within 250 miles of my location carried it. Amazon sold out on GSM model, probably never had CDMA in the first place. I know I shouldn't be complaining but this has really been a failed launch. Imagine all the people who didn't read the forums not knowing that the phone sold out before "official" release.
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    05-31-17 01:18 PM
    Blackberry mobil just notified me to buy now! Temporarily out of stock.
    05-31-17 01:19 PM
    There's been a lot of complainers that have said it's not been "hyped up".

Amazon and Best Buy started sales early. Sorry you missed, as you're more deserving of getting it early than some of the complainers that said it wouldn't be out on May 31st, and yet were able to snag one. "Somehow" the "lack" of communications told them when and where to buy.
    Amazon and Best should have NOT been allowed to start sales before midnight of the 30th, period. The official release was May 31st and not May 30th.
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    05-31-17 01:20 PM
    5/30 5:22 PM: Placed order on Amazon.
    5/31 10:32AM: Credit card charged, Amazon shows preparing for shipment.
    5/31 11:05AM: Received email that the phone is now on sale.
    No Best Buy within 250 miles of my location carried it. Amazon sold out on GSM model, probably never had CDMA in the first place. I know I shouldn't be complaining but this has really been a failed launch. Imagine all the people who didn't read the forums not knowing that the phone sold out before "official" release.
    nothing wrong with complaining.

Any new customers they might have gotten to switch over the BlackBerry are long gone by now. Seems like TCL has the "if they wanted it, they would have looked for it" mentality.
    bakron1 likes this.
    05-31-17 01:21 PM
    Blackberry mobil just notified me to buy now! Temporarily out of stock.
    yup, I just got the email like minutes ago.

Luckily I bought mine last night. Guess you can't count on TCL.
    05-31-17 01:22 PM
    nothing wrong with complaining.

Any new customers they might have gotten to switch over the BlackBerry are long gone by now. Seems like TCL has the "if they wanted it, they would have looked for it" mentality.
    Keep in mind we're the minority here. Most customers "switch" to a phone because they see it in their carrier's store. Not because they read about it on some forum. As long as carriers don't mention the phone or put demo units out in their store it might as well not exist to the majority of people.
    05-31-17 01:24 PM
    Excuse my ignorance, but what does CDMA mean? If i'm a Verizon customer does that mean it wouldn't work for me?
    Verizon is one of the few carriers that still use CDMA... One day they'll join the rest of the world of GSM, lol.
    05-31-17 01:27 PM
    Keep in mind we're the minority here. Most customers "switch" to a phone because they see it in their carrier's store. Not because they read about it on some forum. As long as carriers don't mention the phone or put demo units out in their store it might as well not exist to the majority of people.
    There are also those that watch youtube channels like Android Authority, Pocket Now..etc.

I think a lot of the younger crowd would be open to the BlackBerry comeback. Those that didn't actually grow up using BBOS7 devices. The people I know in their 30s laugh at my Priv whereas the early 20s people were amazed and wowed.

But the younger crowd would not have the patience to put up with this fiasco.
    05-31-17 01:29 PM
    Lol, wow, the biggest seller in the last 24 hour period. It was the ONLY place to purchase the cell phone online, so wow, what a feat. Also its right ahead of the year old Blu HD.

You're kidding yourself. There was next to zero inventory in stock for this phone. They could have released 10 of these and it still would have been the most sold phone in the last 24 hours. CrackBerry members bought what was available, which was next to nothing.
    I know in these forums it's either you're a fanboy or you're a negative nancy... But here is something in the middle. Obviously they didn't have that many in stock. I don't think they sold millions or hundreds of thousands, but you have to notice that all of the other phones in the top selling list are under $150. Those are literally the types of Androids that sell the most. So to have a phone costing $550 beat the sales of these budget phones that usually dominate in sales every day, is nothing to just disregard completely...

Again, I'm not saying the phone is some huge success, but if TCL is selling the units they have made available, then they are doing ok. Unless you think TCL made too few phones to turn a profit? In that case I have to wonder how TCL have been doing it as a company all of these years...
    05-31-17 01:32 PM
    C'mon - don't be rude.* It's fair to say for many of us, that*given that BBs were always available online direct,* BB Mobile would be offering the same thing and there was never anything put out by the company in advance*that they were going to go via a different sales route.* If they were intending all along NOT to offer that - why bother offering the 'pre-register' online as it was really disingenuous of them!**BB Mobile has only just now sent out an email (2pm EST) to those who pre-registered saying that it is available at Best Buy and Amazon.* Had BB Mobile said from the get go that the device would NOT be available through them - many of us wouldn't be as irritated as we are by it.* I called them because the lack of any information on the site and the lack of availability this morning at Best Buy and Amazon for my area, meant that I was trying to get hold of one from the manufacturer.* THAT's why I called.
    gritsinct likes this.
    05-31-17 01:33 PM
    There are also those that watch youtube channels like Android Authority, Pocket Now..etc.

I think a lot of the younger crowd would be open to the BlackBerry comeback. Those that didn't actually grow up using BBOS7 devices. The people I know in their 30s laugh at my Priv whereas the early 20s people were amazed and wowed.

But the younger crowd would not have the patience to put up with this fiasco.
    Many of the people who go to youtube to watch reviews are the same people who come to forums to read about them. So yes, even including them, we are still the minority. Go stop 100 people off the street and ask them if they've even heard of the KEYone... I'm betting you less than 10 would even know what it is, much less know about the launch situation and what-not...
    05-31-17 01:34 PM
    They probably should have been more specific on the pre-reg page. Instead of just country, they needed cities in the U.S. Of course, it might just be Best Buy deciding where to put inventory.
    Ah, I didn't think about that maybe Best Buy decided where to distribute them... Two heads are better than one...
    05-31-17 01:36 PM
600 ... 89101112 ...