It's good you are buying a different phone - I'm stuck by waisting money in this device -

My reason for leaving keyOne1 - Bad reception, Seriously, Cummon BB - It's a PHONE & If it's failing it's main purpose, It's nothing more than a Tablet/Tablet for anyone.

No SIGNAL anywhere, Too much drop calls, Have already opened a thread about it & Whole BB community is crying just because of the signal issues.
    09-01-17 03:02 PM
    I'm pretty sure that any actual "photographer" would be using a real camera and not a smartphone for their photos... but I could be wrong.
    You are correct. But there are many of us amateur photographers out there now who live for a good shot whether it be jumping orcas or salivating dogs. lol And truly the Note 8 took stunning photos at the Best Buy where I tried it. I never really spent much time with the Keyone camera before I bought it.
    09-01-17 05:19 PM
    It's good you are buying a different phone - I'm stuck by waisting money in this device -

My reason for leaving keyOne1 - Bad reception, Seriously, Cummon BB - It's a PHONE & If it's failing it's main purpose, It's nothing more than a Tablet/Tablet for anyone.

No SIGNAL anywhere, Too much drop calls, Have already opened a thread about it & Whole BB community is crying just because of the signal issues.
    I'm using my DTEK50 while waiting for Note 8, and I have no more dropped calls and signal troubles either. You can always sell your too. I had very good interest when I put my on Craigslist. Best do it while the phone is new and shiny.
    09-01-17 05:22 PM
    Hmm.. I ditching my iPhone 7 plus for the keyone. Mine arrives tomorrow, anyone else leave apple for the keyone? If so, what's your experience?
    I bet you'll be back on the iPhone 7+ within a week. I have both and there's no way that I would even consider switching to my K1 as a daily driver. The speed and fluidity of your 7+ is on a totally different level than the K1. YMMV.
    09-01-17 08:32 PM
    I bet you'll be back on the iPhone 7+ within a week. I have both and there's no way that I would even consider switching to my K1 as a daily driver. The speed and fluidity of your 7+ is on a totally different level than the K1. YMMV.
    Gmoney, how about the battery life? Is it as good as everyone says?
    09-01-17 09:56 PM
    Hmm.. I ditching my iPhone 7 plus for the keyone. Mine arrives tomorrow, anyone else leave apple for the keyone? If so, what's your experience?
    I always preferred a Blackberry device with a pkb over an iPhone because it was too difficult for me to type using the virtual keyboard. However, SwiftKey came along and now it's easier using the iPhone. Therefore, I've had some difficulty getting used to the Keyone's physical keyboard.
    09-01-17 10:25 PM
    09-01-17 10:45 PM
    OK...this thread is almost ten years old though
    It's still current, and serves its purpose.

If you prefer to move on to a different brand, that's fine. We just don't need people opening up multiple threads to blather on about it.
    DolemiteDONS likes this.
    09-01-17 11:11 PM

If you prefer to move on to a different brand, that's fine. We just don't need people opening up multiple threads to blather on about it.
    I hear u
    09-01-17 11:16 PM
    Yesterday I sold my Keyone on Craigslist for 2/3's of what I paid. The good thing is that I had lots of people wanting to buy for that price so I think it will hold its value and I underpriced it. When I bought the Keyone, I bought because I wanted the PKB and a good camera.

I found the Keyone to be a good phone, but it just wasn't something I really liked. I loved my Classic and will never part with it, and I enjoyed my DTEK 50. But something was flat for me with the Keyone. The keys were too small and hard to see in low light. I found I got lots of dropped calls in my car. And the biggest thing for me was the camera was just okay--not great. Much better than the Classic or DTEK 50 but I felt mislead by the advertising of the camera. I think what killed it for me was not having a pause feature when video taping. Another frustration was the placement of the mute button when on a phone call. I hated it and it was hard for me to remember to keep my hand away from that spot.

I feel sad about leaving BB as my Keyone was a sturdy little phone but it wasn't what I wanted. Maybe all that waiting for it hyped it up too much in my head and my expectations were unrealistic. I took a zillion pictures and video on the Note 8 and I loved it. It is just a big ole slab but my oh my the pictures are wonderful. Just saw the black Keyone coming up for sale and did have a little twinge of remorse as it looks so much better in black. Thanks to all the Crackberry folks for your help with my questions. I am joining the Samsung Note 8 forum to start learning about it.
    Congrats mate! Looking forward to seeing you in the AC Note8 forum

Preordered mine Midnight Black, can't wait to have that beast in my hands!

The K1 is indeed simply for productivity, while the Note8 is for Productivity, Multimedia and Content Creation. That's what I love about the Note series, ever since my Note 4, signing contracts digitally, making amends to pieces of creative right on the phone, taking amazing pics with the help of OIS and then watching a movie on that glorious display.
    enjoy your S8 OP. (iphone 8 might have better if you are working on photography - AR incorporated... sell S8 at 2/3 price after few month? Let us know if you get the same high demand as K1 ;-).
    Samsungs, especially Note series, keep their value very well, due to them coming with unique hardware e.g. Dual OIS, SPen with its SPen Suite and the best Displays.
    Byrese and kitmo like this.
    09-02-17 01:01 AM
    Congrats mate! Looking forward to seeing you in the AC Note8 forum

Preordered mine Midnight Black, can't wait to have that beast in my hands!

The K1 is indeed simply for productivity, while the Note8 is for Productivity, Multimedia and Content Creation. That's what I love about the Note series, ever since my Note 4, signing contracts digitally, making amends to pieces of creative right on the phone, taking amazing pics with the help of OIS and then watching a movie on that glorious display.

Samsungs, especially Note series, keep their value very well, due to them coming with unique hardware e.g. Dual OIS, SPen with its SPen Suite and the best Displays.
    I totally agree with all that you said concerning the note series. I had a note 5 and never would have stopped using it short of it falling and me cracking the battery a few months back. Your observations are dead on.
    kitmo likes this.
    09-02-17 02:08 AM
    I agree the price is scary indeed! But I am going to take the plunge as I really don't spend lots of money on myself. My vice is buying things for my dogs lol.
    It is high but so what. Look at it this way.... It is likely the single most useful piece of electronics in your life and is arguably the best phone on the planet, except for maybe the forthcoming iPhone 8. Enjoy it and don't look back.

As for the "for that price, I can buy XYZ", seriously? I thought that one was put to bed ages ago. You can't put a Surface or a TV in your pocket and have it in your hand constantly.

Enjoy the note 8. I'll wait until the new iPhone is launched and then decide between the two.
    FF22 and kitmo like this.
    09-02-17 04:57 AM
    The keyone can't come close the the iPhone 7 you will be disappointed. I would think twice before switching totally two different worlds the keyone is more of a business device and the iPhone 7 is a high end device with great camera and super fast processor.
    09-02-17 06:01 AM
    OK...this thread is almost ten years old though

They can open threads if they feel like sharing their experience and thoughts, if you don't like it, no one is forcing you to read it.

Why not make one thread for people that post talking about how much they love their keyone then? Let's not be biased and keep an open mind.
    09-02-17 07:15 AM
    They can open threads if they feel like sharing their experience and thoughts
    And we can close them, since it's a fan/support forum, and serves no positive purpose.

Why not make one thread for people that post talking about how much they love their keyone then?
    Because it's CrackBerry. This is a BlackBerry fan forum. Weird, right? Flame fanning can be discussed here.

Let's not be biased and keep an open mind.
    There's nothing wrong with using whatever works best for you. Mobile Nations offers a place for each of them to share their likes, troubles and frustrations. Each operates on the expectation those there are fans who want to use the product.

@kitmo, sorry the KEYᵒⁿᵉ wasn't for you. Hopefully you'll be happy with your Note 8. If you use BlackBerry apps on it, I expect you'll still be around, providing helpful input on them.
    DolemiteDONS and kitmo like this.
    09-02-17 08:41 AM
40 12