Yesterday I sold my Keyone on Craigslist for 2/3's of what I paid. The good thing is that I had lots of people wanting to buy for that price so I think it will hold its value and I underpriced it. When I bought the Keyone, I bought because I wanted the PKB and a good camera.

I found the Keyone to be a good phone, but it just wasn't something I really liked. I loved my Classic and will never part with it, and I enjoyed my DTEK 50. But something was flat for me with the Keyone. The keys were too small and hard to see in low light. I found I got lots of dropped calls in my car. And the biggest thing for me was the camera was just okay--not great. Much better than the Classic or DTEK 50 but I felt mislead by the advertising of the camera. I think what killed it for me was not having a pause feature when video taping. Another frustration was the placement of the mute button when on a phone call. I hated it and it was hard for me to remember to keep my hand away from that spot.

I feel sad about leaving BB as my Keyone was a sturdy little phone but it wasn't what I wanted. Maybe all that waiting for it hyped it up too much in my head and my expectations were unrealistic. I took a zillion pictures and video on the Note 8 and I loved it. It is just a big ole slab but my oh my the pictures are wonderful. Just saw the black Keyone coming up for sale and did have a little twinge of remorse as it looks so much better in black. Thanks to all the Crackberry folks for your help with my questions. I am joining the Samsung Note 8 forum to start learning about it.
    08-31-17 07:03 PM
    I am selling my keyone and planning to get LG V30.
    08-31-17 07:23 PM
    08-31-17 07:29 PM
    OP, you should have leave the title as "Why Keyone is not for me" otherwise, your post will be consolidate into one big thread of people leaving their bb for other brand that no one will ever care to read it.

Posted via Blackberry Passport
    krazyatom likes this.
    08-31-17 09:01 PM
    Prior to purchasing, I don't think the K1 was billed as a phone for photographers. It's a productivity phone. Nothing more.
    Jrox74 likes this.
    08-31-17 09:10 PM
    I didn't sell the KEYone yet however I did pre-order the Note 8
    Byrese likes this.
    08-31-17 09:32 PM
    Prior to purchasing, I don't think the K1 was billed as a phone for photographers. It's a productivity phone. Nothing more.
    It was touted as having a great camera akin to the google Pixel. I am not a photographer, but I find taking beautiful photos unexpectedly is what I desire. I think you are right it is a productivity phone and that is it.
    joekiser likes this.
    08-31-17 10:06 PM
    It was touted as having a great camera akin to the google Pixel. I am not a photographer, but I find taking beautiful photos unexpectedly is what I desire. I think you are right it is a productivity phone and that is it.
    It does have the identical sensor as the Pixel. That's what was touted.
    08-31-17 10:20 PM
    It does have the identical sensor as the Pixel. That's what was touted.
    You are correct, but it is the impression along with that info that I am talking about. I read reviews until I was blind and thought I was buying something that would suit me camera wise. Not so. It is a fine phone for the right person. I am not the right profile for the phone.
    08-31-17 10:51 PM
    Hmm.. I ditching my iPhone 7 plus for the keyone. Mine arrives tomorrow, anyone else leave apple for the keyone? If so, what's your experience?
    08-31-17 11:48 PM
    After Passport I had a Priv. I sold my Priv for a iPhone 7 plus prior to getting my K1. Don't miss it. Android take getting adjusted to. Give it 30 days and you will be glad you switched. I love the Keyboard. The shortcuts are sweet. Plus it's nice being different and not just another slab.
    dh321 and Vaughn Mises like this.
    09-01-17 01:03 AM
    Productivity is subjective. A photographer might not find the KEYone productive due to lacklustre camera performance.
    09-01-17 01:13 AM
    Hmm.. I ditching my iPhone 7 plus for the keyone. Mine arrives tomorrow, anyone else leave apple for the keyone? If so, what's your experience?
    I moved from an iphone 6.

Really good move tho did take a few days to get used to it
    09-01-17 01:29 AM
    enjoy your S8 OP. (iphone 8 might have better if you are working on photography - AR incorporated... sell S8 at 2/3 price after few month? Let us know if you get the same high demand as K1 ;-).
    09-01-17 06:51 AM
    And I did too. That is switch Ip7-K1-ip7. For a week. Amazingly there are things on android that iOS does far better. The hub while irreplaceable is a sacrifice I have to make in order to get the productivity tools I needed. Maybe I had it setup wrong and that was the reason I could not get what I needed. Not for lack of trying I will say. For example nougat won't read emails out loud. I'm in the car a lot. A handy thing to have. It always defaults to a gmail email account to send emails when using the assistant. I use o365 and that's not a gmail account for my business. I could not sync more than 14 days of emails into my folders. Yes you could get from the beginning of time sync in the hub but not in folders. These are just three features that work flawlessly in iOS that I simply could not be without. The K1 is a terrific phone - but I had to go back.

P. S. For media , Score, Netflix, Sonis , etc it was just fine compared to iPhone 7 screen the difference is not relevant.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-01-17 07:14 AM
    The price of Note 8 is just out of this world. You can buy Microsoft surface for that price
    rbtg likes this.
    09-01-17 08:09 AM
    I moved from an iphone 6.

Really good move tho did take a few days to get used to it
    I moved my wife from an iPhone 5 (contract finishing up) to a PRIV because she wanted a bigger screen and I just couldn't fork out the money that I would have had to in order to get an Apple with a larger screen.

She initially found it hard to go to Android but she's now getting comfortable.
    09-01-17 09:31 AM
    Do you all see this article about the success of the Blackberry? Pretty cool news. TCL: the BlackBerry Keyone is a runaway success, new device to come in October - GSMArena.com news
    09-01-17 10:40 AM
    The price of Note 8 is just out of this world. You can buy Microsoft surface for that price
    I agree the price is scary indeed! But I am going to take the plunge as I really don't spend lots of money on myself. My vice is buying things for my dogs lol.
    09-01-17 10:41 AM
    Yeah I'm not a huge photographer with the exception of taking pics or filming my sons baseball games. I guess nothing different from any other parent. Does the battery surpass other phones when it comes to media consumption? I have read that normal communications are extremely enhanced, but how about media consumption (music or videos while flying)?
    09-01-17 12:17 PM
    Mine arrives today, I'm stoked!
    09-01-17 12:18 PM
    Mine arrives today, I'm stoked!
    Congratulations. Have fun with learning the ropes.
    thman558 likes this.
    09-01-17 12:47 PM
    Do you all see this article about the success of the Blackberry? Pretty cool news. TCL: the BlackBerry Keyone is a runaway success, new device to come in October - GSMArena.com news
    Well that's an interesting article..
    09-01-17 12:54 PM
    Productivity is subjective. A photographer might not find the KEYone productive due to lacklustre camera performance.
    I'm pretty sure that any actual "photographer" would be using a real camera and not a smartphone for their photos... but I could be wrong.
    DolemiteDONS likes this.
    09-01-17 01:14 PM
    I have keyOne (wish it's still called "mercury" anyway since June. it's OK. I don't like some features from Android and I still have my classic and love their feature like simple app on homescreeen and I can hit enter either on keyboard or on touchscreen but with keyone. only touchscreen to enter after message on text. and too much app to move or launch around.
    09-01-17 01:20 PM
40 12