Quick question - I've only ever purchased locked and unlocked with a third party. If you purchase factory unlocked do the updates still come OTA automatically like they do when purchased locked? Or, do you have to plug them into a computer or something to manually download and install them?
    They are still released OTA, typically directly from the manufacturer you purchased the device from (Apple, Google OnePlus, etc.), instead of being vetted by the carrier beforehand.
    05-18-17 06:12 PM
    Wow! The new contact pricing with Rogers Wireless is insane...increased substantially from only two years ago. Keep your current plan and buy the BlackBerry KEYone outright.

*include:

TALK:*Unlimited

Canada-Wide2

TEXT:*Unlimited

DATA:*Shared (For individuals & families)

5 GB. $120.00mo

9 GB. $145.00mo

15 GB. $175.00mo
    05-18-17 06:20 PM
    Quick question - I've only ever purchased locked and unlocked with a third party. If you purchase factory unlocked do the updates still come OTA automatically like they do when purchased locked? Or, do you have to plug them into a computer or something to manually download and install them?
    Yes
    05-18-17 06:41 PM
    Wow! The new contact pricing with Rogers Wireless is insane...increased substantially from only two years ago. Keep your current plan and buy the BlackBerry KEYone outright.

*include:

Canada-Wide2

5 GB. $120.00mo

9 GB. $145.00mo

15 GB. $175.00mo
    Signing a new contract does not necessarily mean you lose your plan.
    05-18-17 06:43 PM

*include:

Canada-Wide2

5 GB. $120.00mo

9 GB. $145.00mo

15 GB. $175.00mo
    Signing a new contract doe not necessarily mean you lose your plan.

Where are you anyways? In Ontario 6gb is $95, 10gb is $110 and 14gb is $ 120
    05-18-17 06:44 PM

*include:

Canada-Wide2

5 GB. $120.00mo

9 GB. $145.00mo

15 GB. $175.00mo
    Yes.
    But go through the pre-order steps to see what you'll *actually* be paying.
    I had to update plan at device upgrade and the net result was $15 more per month for plan. Not the 50+ (it would have been for me) if you use that main menu.
    I ordered KEYone and renewed plan (like a sucker, but I really don't care) today.
    They say it'll ship in 3-5 business days.
    We'll see.
    Carrier oligopoly is another discussion...
    05-18-17 07:17 PM
    Tweets aren't visible by BBmobile where they said it would be available online on the 31st. Who the hell knows what's going on..similar to the Priv, I guess we just got to wait and see I suppose.
    05-18-17 07:23 PM
    I don't understand, where was it stated that only TELUS-Business customers would be able to order the KEYone???
    05-18-17 07:44 PM
    Also, gotta say I'm pretty upset with BB-Mobile, as they told the world that pre-orders were coming May-18 for Canada and we found out it's only with one carrier? That sucks very hard.
    Empyrean likes this.
    05-18-17 08:01 PM
    I don't understand, where was it stated that only TELUS-Business customers would be able to order the KEYone???
    It was in their marketing blast this morning to those who signed up for notification:
    Attached Thumbnails So, what are my options as a Canadian?-53421.jpg  
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    05-18-17 08:05 PM
    Having said that, I confirmed with the TELUS Business reps that regular consumers would be able to buy the phone outright (in the corporate stores).
    05-18-17 08:07 PM

Where are you? That must be the BYOD-plan prices....

I'm in Toronto, ON and these are the prices I see:

2 GB - $110.00mo Details
    5 GB - $125.00mo Details
    7 GB - $140.00mo Details
    10 GB - $155.00mo Details
    15 GB - $175.00mo Details
    30 GB - $245.00mo Details
    60 GB - $395.00mo Details

BTW, these plans should be illegal, lmao
    WOW!!!
    05-18-17 08:24 PM
    Where are you? That must be the BYOD-plan prices....

I'm in Toronto, ON and these are the prices I see:

2 GB - $110.00moDetails
    5 GB - $125.00moDetails
    7 GB - $140.00moDetails
    10 GB - $155.00moDetails
    15 GB - $175.00moDetails
    30 GB - $245.00moDetails
    60 GB - $395.00moDetails

BTW, these plans should be illegal, lmao
    WOW!!!
    I'm in Ottawa. I'ts not BYOD. Just for the heck of it I just went through the motions as a new customer. Picked a phone and the n had to pick a plan and those are the options I was given. Hard to believe there could be so much difference from one city to the next.
    05-18-17 08:35 PM
    I'm in Ottawa. I'ts not BYOD. Just for the heck of it I just went through the motions as a new customer. Picked a phone and the n had to pick a plan and those are the options I was given. Hard to believe there could be so much difference from one city to the next.
    Well, that's good to know. I think I will have to figure out a plan on how to get a new phone plan through an Ottawa store. Thanks
    05-18-17 08:37 PM
    This may be an exception to the rule, though. My understanding is the Pixel is a lot like the iPhone, in that it's carrier-locked, but the manufacturer independently determines the update schedule, not the carrier itself. Could be wrong, however.
    Yes, both my Pixel & Nexus devices get the updates every month from Google and is not tied to carrier update schedules.
    05-18-17 10:09 PM
    I have a Pixel that is locked to Rogers and I get the monthly update right on time every month.
    Rogers will push it out right away if given to them. I'm sure TELUS operates the same way.
    Did you dump your Dteks?
    05-18-17 10:10 PM
    Well, that's good to know. I think I will have to figure out a plan on how to get a new phone plan through an Ottawa store. Thanks
    I think you would need an address in ottawa
    05-19-17 04:55 AM
    If you're a Telus customer and want it as a consumer not a business, make sure you bug them. Twitter, facebook, live chat, phone. They're considering it, but we need to keep on them
    sirk25 likes this.
    05-19-17 08:51 AM
    If you're a Telus customer and want it as a consumer not a business, make sure you bug them. Twitter, facebook, live chat, phone. They're considering it, but we need to keep on them
    I've heard here... that Telus Support has stated that consumers would be able to buy them at corporate stores and online.

But it doesn't hurt to make as much noise as possible about it.
    sirk25 and 5EELTD like this.
    05-19-17 10:25 AM
    I've heard here... that Telus Support has stated that consumers would be able to buy them at corporate stores and online.

But it doesn't hurt to make as much noise as possible about it.
    I think buying it outright may be possible but not under contract for consumer yet. I don't care so much about updates, so would rather get it cheaper under contract.
    sirk25 likes this.
    05-19-17 10:28 AM
    Rogers can refuse to sell outright initially as well as they want people signing up to their network. So that would suck. I really hope shop blackberry or somewhere online it's available for direct, outright purchase soon.
    05-22-17 11:03 PM
    Still locked to their update schedule. Which, arguably, is one of the most important reasons to buy a phone unlocked.

I'm horribly disappointed in how the KEYone launch is going.
    My BB devices running android has always gotten the updates in a timely fashion. RW (Rogers Wireless) gets them first before Bell or Telus.
    05-23-17 12:11 PM

Nova Scotia where are get ripped off daily after our morning beatings following nightly sexual assault by the big three wireless carriers.
    05-23-17 01:25 PM
    It's looking more and more like i will not be getting this phone very soon.
    05-23-17 01:38 PM
    Nova Scotia where are get ripped off daily after our morning beatings following nightly sexual assault by the big three wireless carriers.
    Preaching to the choir... Canada is one big ripoff!

My neighbor crouched down to her basement window to catch wifi to download a song because her data plan is so small.
    05-23-17 01:46 PM
76 1234