10-05-17 10:40 PM
54 123
tools
    I think both places are selling the international version of the black edition.
    Really??? What makes you say that?
    10-01-17 07:25 PM
    There will be no issues with the 'international version'. Will work with all bands in Canada through major providers.
    Last edited by footmatix; 10-01-17 at 08:41 PM.
    10-01-17 07:30 PM
    I think both places are selling the international version of the black edition.
    No they aren't.
    10-01-17 08:38 PM
    blueshop.ca is an awesome store! they are partnered with crackberry. I got my black edition to Winnipeg in two days. They are located in Quebec.
    10-02-17 10:40 AM
    but why the price difference between pc canada and blueshop? the difference is somewhat substantial. not just 5-20$
    10-02-17 10:56 AM
    Still waiting...
    10-02-17 12:46 PM
    Mine arrived from PC-Canada today. According to the box, it is in fact a BBB100-1, PRD-63116-039, 64GB + 4GB version.
    spiculated likes this.
    10-02-17 02:48 PM
    pc -Canada is the cheaper of the two places to buy it from.
    PC Canada also has a worse return policy.
    10-02-17 03:19 PM
    Well according to pc-canada website they have over 1000 available, so did they get them all?
    What do you mean? Are you complaining because other retailers are not carrying the device?
    10-02-17 07:53 PM
    What do you mean? Are you complaining because other retailers are not carrying the device?
    Yes, I'm very frustrated that the other retailers like Amazon Staples and Walmart that Blaze mentioned in the article that he said that these be getting them soon, along with every other Blackberry Outlet cited the same reference that these retailers will be getting them soon. Pccanada before had the wrong information for one thing they had the wrong memory and the wrong amount of ram, so that makes things a little more sketchy.

I also have Amazon gift cards and Staples as nearby so those two retailers would be my two retailers of choice.

Like I said above the article that Blaze posted as well as every other Blackberry news Outlet posted talked about Staples Walmart and Amazon, and we have heard no such information on those retailers. So my frustration comes out of either inaccurate news reports or the wrong leaked information or Blackberry mobile simply doing a poor job
    unity04 and Roadie29 like this.
    10-02-17 08:01 PM
    I think device is just not a priority for your chosen retailers. Amazon would get priority over most retailers because of their retail presence and buying power.
    10-02-17 08:05 PM
    The frustrating part is that there's still no communication.
    cmykink likes this.
    10-02-17 08:34 PM
    The frustrating part is that there's still no communication.
    What are they supposed to say? "Retailers have major phone rollouts going on right now and the KEYone is low priority."
    10-02-17 08:52 PM
    What are they supposed to say? "Retailers have major phone rollouts going on right now and the KEYone is low priority."
    No, but I am confused as to why the news broke that major retailers would be carrying it as soon as last week, but those of us that bothered to sign up for updates didn't get that email first or at the same time

I have a subscriber list and they get details of what's happening first, as they are my loyal customers.

I am a huge bb fan and have been since the pearl, and I am typing this one my silver keyone, but this phone has intermittent issues with the earpiece, so some calls, I can only hear if on speaker phone
    So, I am waiting for the black key with my $1000 in amazon gift cards so I can get that phone setup and then send this one in for warranty work
    I don't like being without a phone and only ever switch to my new device once the new one is all setup and ready to go, basically a mirror image of the old one, but that usually takes time that I don't currently have, so sometimes the actual device switch takes me a few weeks.
    So, I am a little more anxious because of my particular situation and like I said my desire to buy off amazon, which was supposed to be already happening according to the 'late breaking news' last week
    cmykink likes this.
    10-02-17 10:05 PM
    Newegg has it in stock.

Code:
    https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16875353273&_ga=2.133546310.99498028.1506948801-125490882.1492312487
    10-03-17 09:42 AM
    Newegg return policy isn't as good as amazon or walmart
    10-03-17 05:52 PM
    How about they start by updating their own website?

https://reg.blackberrymobile.ca/en/b...black-edition/
    10-03-17 11:09 PM
    Saying what? The phone is out but sold out because the Americans bought them all?

Look it's obvious, they're making small batch quantities to keep up the higher price and make some money on this device. We've seen this on the original device as well. Remember it's a niche device and that's all it will ever be.
    10-04-17 08:04 AM
    Saying what? The phone is out but sold out because the Americans bought them all?

Look it's obvious, they're making small batch quantities to keep up the higher price and make some money on this device. We've seen this on the original device as well. Remember it's a niche device and that's all it will ever be.
    People are obviously willing to pay the higher price.
    Not sure that has to mean make them in so small quantities.
    Sure don't over produce prompting them to discount it.
    But don't under produce either right?

Posted via CB10
    10-04-17 08:34 AM
    People are obviously willing to pay the higher price.
    Not sure that has to mean make them in so small quantities.
    Sure don't over produce prompting them to discount it.
    But don't under produce either right?

Posted via CB10
    You only get two results in real life, over / under. Everything that every manufacturer creates is desired perfect demand / production. However that's impossible so manufacturers estimate. Under production supports higher price and profits but, some lost sales. Over production supports marketshare and unsold devices. There's no significant battle for marketshare with a PKB device since no one else makes one. Therefore, exact production with small batches is the goal with under production being temporarily acceptable.
    10-04-17 08:46 AM
    Never heard of them and would rather go with a more reputable seller. Plus, it's still coming soon on BlackBerry's site, so not the most confidence.
    They are a sister company of mobile nations. Bought mine from them, great service.
    10-04-17 11:20 AM

PC-Canada has had, and still has over 1000 units available since launch. Unsure of what you're talking about.
    farmwersteve likes this.
    10-04-17 08:47 PM
    Tempting but it is up there in price.
    10-04-17 10:28 PM
    PC-Canada has had, and still has over 1000 units available since launch. Unsure of what you're talking about.
    Exactly. They say they have over a thousand of them, so did they grab all the ones that were destined for the retailers that were mentioned in the news-flash

Point still remains, why did I sign up with BB mobile for updates, when they haven't yet emailed me directing me to Blushops or PC-CANADA???

At least it would validate the credibility of both of those online stores for those who have any doubts.
    10-04-17 10:42 PM
    Exactly. They say they have over a thousand of them, so did they grab all the ones that were destined for the retailers that were mentioned in the news-flash

Point still remains, why did I sign up with BB mobile for updates, when they haven't yet emailed me directing me to Blushops or PC-CANADA???

At least it would validate the credibility of both of those online stores for those who have any doubts.
    They didn't grab any, in fact they don't have any, not even Blueshop. It's Ingram Micro that has all the stock, these are all drop shippers.

Currently only Newegg Canada is stocking their own, probably just a few. Likely stock is all ready to go but BlackBerry Mobile is still trying to beg others (Walmart, Staples, Amazon) to even carry them, that's why it's still "coming soon" since they can't get other major retailers to even carry it. The price of the silver one was ridiculous enough already, now they want them to stock an even more expensive one.
    10-05-17 12:09 AM
54 123