I guess I have my doubts, but is AT&T going to sell KEYone in the US? Will they display it in their retail stores? I'm really thinking after the priv they will likely take a pass and I hope I'm wrong. I can't buy this phone sight unseen.

Roveer
    02-27-17 12:10 PM
    I think someone is going to bite on this phone. It might be a smaller carrier like cricket, but that would at least give a hands on chance
    02-27-17 12:27 PM
    I'm praying they do and that it is available at the same time as the unlocked, etc. That would be a dream come true :-)

Classic, Q10, Bold 9900, Bold 9000...do u notice the pattern? :-)
    02-27-17 01:31 PM
    Keeps wondering what an AT&T KeyOne Edition might
    02-27-17 01:52 PM
    I am happy to say I am thoroughly excited about this device. I once again am excited for Blackberry.
    Bfalcon1 likes this.
    02-27-17 04:56 PM
    I have AT&T and I'm hoping to get this device through them because I'm on an old contract plan with unlimited internet and don't have to pay monthly fees. I will be getting this on two year contract if AT&T has it. If not I'll wait until the price goes down and then make my purchase. I'm still happy with my Priv, haven't even had it for a year yet, so I don't mind waiting if I have to.
    02-27-17 05:25 PM
    AT&T was one of the carrier who was very cooperative in the past, but BlackBerry devices weren't doing very well. Not sure if they'll give another shot. We'll see.
    02-27-17 05:32 PM
    AT&T was one of the carrier who was very cooperative in the past, but BlackBerry devices weren't doing very well. Not sure if they'll give another shot. We'll see.
    That is exactly how I am reading the AT&T situation. They gave it a try with the Priv but it was quickly castigated to the corner of the store with all the sales people chuckling about the hardware. It's all about the iPhone and Samsung in the retail channel.
    02-27-17 06:10 PM
    It all depends on the deal blackberry mobile works out with AT&T. I believe AT&T is willing to sell he Keyone provided the buy in on the number of devices is low or maybe a direct ship model where AT&T carries little inventory and blackberry mobile is responsible for inventory and fulfillment.
    02-27-17 06:12 PM
    Unlikely. American carriers want exclusivity windows and TCL thinks correctly that there is not enough demand for BB Android to essentially pay ATT for shelf space.
    02-27-17 06:21 PM
    I'd be very surprised if AT&T picks it up. Very surprised.

Joel
    02-27-17 06:38 PM
    KEYone***

Posted with my  Classic
    02-27-17 06:40 PM
    Not sure how credible this is but ZDnet claims all 4 carriers will have it with pre-orders starting Saturday. Below is the last line of the article.

"The BlackBerry KEYone will be available through all four carriers in the US. Pre-orders begin on Saturday."

https://www.google.ca/amp/www.zdnet....e-at-mwc-2017/
    02-27-17 06:55 PM
    I'd be very surprised if AT&T picks it up. Very surprised.

Joel
    Um, why? They have carried pretty much every BB device so far...
    02-27-17 06:56 PM
    From what I've heard talking with the execs while at Barcelona, all 4 big US carriers will carry this phone... Which would be really exciting if true. :-)
    Bfalcon1 likes this.
    02-27-17 06:57 PM
    From what I've heard talking with the execs while at Barcelona, all 4 big US carriers will carry this phone... Which would be really exciting if true. :-)
    Good stuff. And the specs do show a CDMA variant.
    Sigewif likes this.
    02-27-17 06:57 PM
    Um, why? They have carried pretty much every BB device so far...
    They passed on the Z30, even though an AT&T variant was in the works.

They can't even keep their BB10 line on a current OS. They are all "officially" still on an early 10.3.2 build from almost 2 years ago.

They dumped a boatload of Privs on the world when they saw it wasn't going to sell in the numbers they apparently thought (or, were told). And they stopped selling it outright last year - just as I was just about to get one.

I'll be happy if they do pick up the KEYone. While I personally have no interest in it, if it does well enough, maybe they'll carry the next slab phone that TCL will build for BlackBerry. That's what I'm waiting to see.

Joel
    02-27-17 07:46 PM
    They passed on the Z30, even though an AT&T variant was in the works.

They can't even keep their BB10 line on a current OS. They are all "officially" still on an early 10.3.2 build from almost 2 years ago.

They dumped a boatload of Privs on the world when they saw it wasn't going to sell in the numbers they apparently thought (or, were told). And they stopped selling it outright last year - just as I was just about to get one.

I'll be happy if they do pick up the KEYone. While I personally have no interest in it, if it does well enough, maybe they'll carry the next slab phone that TCL will build for BlackBerry. That's what I'm waiting to see.

Joel
    Carriers releasing updates late is not a new thing. My point still stands that they've carried almost all BB models so far. I know a few were not carried, but they were a very few...
    02-27-17 07:57 PM
    Carriers releasing updates late is not a new thing. My point still stands that they've carried almost all BB models so far. I know a few were not carried, but they were a very few...
    Some would argue 2 years is the life of a mobile device so not releasing updates for almost 2 years is and absolute fail. I'm still waiting for Nougat for Priv to fix some very basic functionality issues for Priv (BB Hardware), on UEM 12.6 (BB Software). Now that's a fail of the highest form.

If AT&T Carries KEYone than hopefully I'll be able to see and touch the device in the retail outlet. That's my main interest.
    02-27-17 08:04 PM
    Some would argue 2 years is the life of a mobile device so not releasing updates for almost 2 years is and absolute fail. I'm still waiting for Nougat for Priv to fix some very basic functionality issues for Priv (BB Hardware), on UEM 12.6 (BB Software). Now that's a fail of the highest form.

If AT&T Carries KEYone than hopefully I'll be able to see and touch the device in the retail outlet. That's my main interest.
    What basic issues are you having?
    02-27-17 08:10 PM
    I don't like carrier blackberry phone because they lack of updates. Factory unlock version is way to go for super fast updates!
    Nels likes this.
    02-27-17 08:11 PM
    Do you guys think that if AT&T carries it, it's gonna be priced higher than $549?

I think if AT&T carries it, it'll be more than retail? That's just me though.

I think once it's available to ship, someone will come out with a bundle...
    02-27-17 09:15 PM
    Do you guys think that if AT&T carries it, it's gonna be priced higher than $549?

I think if AT&T carries it, it'll be more than retail? That's just me though.

I think once it's available to ship, someone will come out with a bundle...
    Not sure about priv but at&t passport was bit more expensive than OG so who knows. I also hate carrier logo. Why would you want to put a logo to a beautiful phone but that's just me though.
    02-27-17 09:22 PM
    Not sure about priv but at&t passport was bit more expensive than OG so who knows. I also hate carrier logo. Why would you want to put a logo to a beautiful phone but that's just me though.
    The Priv was more than an unlocked version. It did go down after the first price drop, but only to $650. Then it stayed there. After the unlocked version dropped to the $400s or so, the AT&T price stayed at $650 until it disappeared.

I would certainly love to get an unlocked phone, but my situation doesn't really allow me the luxury of paying full price. Especially with a bunch of other costs that keep coming up lately taking priority. It's why I'm still on a Z10 to this day. Even it was a much cheaper being a refurbished phone when I got it 3 and half years ago.

And, to be honest, in recent years, the AT&T logo has been much less obnoxious than it used to be - at least on some phones. You can barely see it on the back of the Z10. Very different from the 9800 Torch I had before that when it was painted on the bottom front facing chrome trim. Although, I did scrape it off using the edge of a penny trick.
    krazyatom likes this.
    02-27-17 11:53 PM
    I've wondered if BlackBerry Mobile is able to make a deal with the US carriers for the KEYone will the dtek60 tag along. It would make for a nice duo.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-17 12:16 AM
61 123