Next week...
    ...for an announcement on the announcement date on the announcement of the phone. Followed by another announcement of the announcement date of the release date, which will be several months out.
    07-19-16 10:03 AM
    So the Security Summit is tomorrow...-cnvk2arw8aagttu.jpg

Front and proud.
    07-19-16 10:20 AM
    Right, always next week, or next month or .......... this is BB not sure why I'm always surprised.
    It's a Security summit not a phone summit.. get it?

🔥 📶
    07-19-16 10:27 AM
    It's a Security summit not a phone summit.. get it?

�� ��
    Sure, but it was generally suggested that they would unveil something at the Security Summit, also Handsets are part of BB's Ecosystem of Security Portfolio so it would make sense to discuss the actual devices which are secure same as talking about BES12 and Good etc..
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    07-19-16 10:30 AM
    According to Bla1ze,
    "If you were hoping for new device news to come out of the BlackBerry Security Summit, BlackBerry CEO John Chen put an end to that possibility early on during the event. However, we do now know when to expect some.

"People always ask me about handsets, but we do a lot more than handsets." "We are becoming a strong professional services provider," said Chen. "We believe everything we do is going to be important to the industry." noting the handset business is doing fine, but this is the last time he was going to talk about it during the Summit.

According to John Chen, next week will be the time to discuss new devices and for that, his colleague Ralph Pini, Chief Operating Officer and General Manager for Devices will be handling the conversations."
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    07-19-16 10:39 AM
    According to Bla1ze,
    "If you were hoping for new device news to come out of the BlackBerry Security Summit, BlackBerry CEO John Chen put an end to that possibility early on during the event. However, we do now know when to expect some.

"People always ask me about handsets, but we do a lot more than handsets." "We are becoming a strong professional services provider," said Chen. "We believe everything we do is going to be important to the industry." noting the handset business is doing fine, but this is the last time he was going to talk about it during the Summit.

According to John Chen, next week will be the time to discuss new devices and for that, his colleague Ralph Pini, Chief Operating Officer and General Manager for Devices will be handling the conversations."
    Yeah, sure but what does next week mean? We've known for weeks now that Samsung is launching the Note 7 on Aug 2nd......not sure what is so hard about setting a date for such discussions.
    07-19-16 11:03 AM
    Sure, but it was generally suggested that they would unveil something at the Security Summit, also Handsets are part of BB's Ecosystem of Security Portfolio so it would make sense to discuss the actual devices which are secure same as talking about BES12 and Good etc..
    Key word is "suggested ". It's best not to get your hopes up off of rumors, suggestions, hearsay and the other random crap that forum members post.

Posted via CB10
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    07-19-16 11:04 AM
    Should have known.... Chen said we would know more in July. That usually means the very last day of the month.

Did find this interesting

"Department of Defense, one of BlackBerry's largest customers, had given additional technical approvals to both its mobile management system and phone software, giving it an advantage as a preferred vendor." "BlackBerry� OS 10.3.2 for smartphones have achieved STIG approval from the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) for use at the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD). "

Will say that BB10 seems to still have some milage on it. No real development, no new devices in the works... yet still being "certified" by other and hyped by BlackBerry.

If I was with DISA or DoD... I'd have a long chat with someone at BlackBerry.
    07-19-16 11:08 AM
    Key word is "suggested ". It's best not to get your hopes up off of rumors, suggestions, hearsay and the other random crap that forum members post.

Posted via CB10
    If BB were normal and would tell people when these announcements were going to be made it would make things a lot easier for everyone.

He said in June during the AGM that we would find out in July, since there was only 1 big event in July everyone assumed they would talk about it then, but now I guess it's next week sometime.

I don't really know why I care so much, I guess I have a small glimmer of hope that they will have something good coming out I just wish it wasn't as frustrating as it is to find out about it.
    07-19-16 11:10 AM
    BlackBerry made no such claims.

People get mad when things don't happen on dates made up by other posters.
    07-19-16 11:13 AM
    But who suggested it? Yes, a BlackBerry device associated with a BES 12 account is what Chen wants, and is the most secure, however the summit is about MDM and EMM in general and what BlackBerry brings to the table for all handsets and BYOD.

New handsets are just that and nothing more. It's the software behind the handset that powers the security.

We have been without real news of a new handset for a long time now so it is easy to understand why we are all riled up now and expecting. However things need to also be kept in perspective, too. Not all events are the right places to announce new devices.

Posted via CB PRIV.
    07-19-16 11:15 AM
    Hopefully next week is worth the wait and we dont just get to see one handset.

Posted via CB10
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    07-19-16 11:20 AM
    BlackBerry made no such claims.

People get mad when things don't happen on dates made up by other posters.
    I guess people saw that Crackberry would be live-blogging the event and started formulating their own theories.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-16 11:24 AM
    Should have known.... Chen said we would know more in July. That usually means the very last day of the month.

"Department of Defense, one of BlackBerry's largest customers, had given additional technical approvals to both its mobile management system and phone software, giving it an advantage as a preferred vendor." "BlackBerry� OS 10.3.2 for smartphones have achieved STIG approval from the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) for use at the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD). "

Will say that BB10 seems to still have some milage on it. No real development, no new devices in the works... yet still being "certified" by other and hyped by BlackBerry.

That's what I've been saying from day one. They won't toss it in the garbage completely but will just harden it down for niches like this. Just not the consumer OS all the people are asking for here. So you CAN have BB10 but probably need a billion dollar contract. Don't have a billion dollars? Quit asking for new devices or autoloaders then.
    07-19-16 11:38 AM
    That's what I've been saying from day one. They won't toss it in the garbage completely but will just harden it down for niches like this. Just not the consumer OS all the people are asking for here. So you CAN have BB10 but probably need a billion dollar contract. Don't have a billion dollars? Quit asking for new devices or autoloaders then.
    I had taught that maybe if they went the BlackPhone path and charged a premium.... that might allow BB10 to exist at some level. Not every world leader can afford a custom phone like the US President... and that Israeli company is looking to sell $15,000 security phones. But in general it seems these security guys are tight wads too.... BlackPhone doesn't seem to be on a very good path to a viable hardware provider.

Problem is iOS has STIG Approval too along with Good having STIG approval to manage iOS devcies. Which means that in fact there may not be a "niche" where BlackBerry really has any advantage with BB10. And we know that KNOX devices have even higher levels of security certification.
    Last edited by Dunt Dunt Dunt; 07-19-16 at 01:50 PM.
    07-19-16 01:39 PM

The DoD leases BlackBerry patents and puts their spin onto them. If you think they are using straight up BB10 and BES 12, I dunno...

Posted via CB PRIV.
    Last edited by crucial bbq; 07-19-16 at 02:55 PM.
    07-19-16 02:10 PM
    The DoD leases BlackBerry patents and puts their spin onto them. If you think they are using straight up BB10 and BES 12, I dunno...

Posted via CB PRIV.
    Never heard that the DoD "leases" patents and puts their spin onto BlackBerry hardware and BES12.

As far as I know the only "modified" BlackBerry was the one the president was once using. The others are just stock devcies.
    JeepBB likes this.
    07-20-16 07:52 AM
    Just announce you are releasing mid range crap so we can all go buy Android phones elsewhere and put us out of our misery.

Damn you BB.... damn you!

Posted via CB10
    JeromeM likes this.
    07-24-16 11:21 PM
43 12