Lmao an 18:9 display on a portrait candybar?
    Like a Priv with the keyboard glued open.
    the_boon likes this.
    04-30-18 08:51 AM
    what they need to improve:
    - Signal reception quality and stability

- speed
    the RAM upgrade means nothing or the Blackberry is simply lousy programmed: A Sony Xperia Z Ultra from 2013 is faster than my Keyone (silver)

- software issues

- evenly backlit keyboard
    04-30-18 10:19 AM
    My favorite is Samsung Galaxy 4G Relay
    Look at the beauty, 5 rows (dedicated numeric row), arrow keys, tab key, I even used to have the volume up button mapped as Ctrl.
    https://s7d2.scene7.com/is/image/Sam...t-details-jpg$
    Yuck. Motorola Droid/Milestone (all generations, but esp. the first gen) are the kings IMHO. Not that I want a landscape slider this day and age (I prefer portrait keyboards now) though. Unless it's landscape with a square screen, like the Motorola Flipout.
    04-30-18 10:24 AM
    Yuck. Motorola Droid/Milestone (all generations, but esp. the first gen) are the kings IMHO. Not that I want a landscape slider this day and age (I prefer portrait keyboards now) though. Unless it's landscape with a square screen, like the Motorola Flipout.
    T-Mobile G1 is the king of all Android sliders. Just saying.
    04-30-18 10:26 AM
    What version of Android is that thing running?
    Ancient. Android 4.4 was the last custom rom i used. I see some 5.0 roms available. The official FW got up to 4.0 I think, we're talking about 2012 phone.
    04-30-18 10:28 AM
    Thoughts on water resistance rating (if any)?

This would likely be the thing holding me back from purchasing a K2, I realized it’s a critical feature and needed in this day and age.

Can’t tell if the keyboard is secured enough and tight enough to support this.
    FF22 likes this.
    04-30-18 10:39 AM
    Thoughts on water resistance rating (if any)?

This would likely be the thing holding me back from purchasing a K2, I realized it’s a critical feature and needed in this day and age.

Can’t tell if the keyboard is secured enough and tight enough to support this.
    It might have a rating now, but I doubt it'll be anything more than splash resistant. I doubt it'll be able to handle being dunked.
    Vistaus likes this.
    04-30-18 10:47 AM
    Looking good, I've sure loved my keyone so I'll be keeping an eye on this one. That said if BB wanted to experiment with slideouts like they have been with waterproof phones I wouldn't mind that either! That and better speakers would be great.
    04-30-18 12:49 PM
    keyboard and waterproof IS possible since years: Have a look at the old NEC Terrain smartphone or Panasonics U1 tough PC just to name a few...
    04-30-18 01:22 PM
    Hoping they have a CDMA version.
    phuoc and FF22 like this.
    04-30-18 05:45 PM
    Hoping they have a CDMA version.
    The Chinese version is CDMA, China Telecom uses CDMA BC0.

Whether Sprint or Verizon will let the phone on their snowflake network is a different story.
    duncan86 likes this.
    04-30-18 10:46 PM
    I looked around and didn't see this video here, yet. "Athena"

05-11-18 07:30 AM
    I looked around and didn't see this video here, yet. "Athena"

It's obvious the phone shown in the video is the KEYᵒⁿᵉ. It lacks the "checkerboard" key that replaces the right shift key.
    05-11-18 08:00 AM
    It's obvious the phone shown in the video is the KEYᵒⁿᵉ. It lacks the "checkerboard" key that replaces the right shift key.
    Yeah, well I'm seeing the Blackberry logo on the space key, numbers all in the keyboard top row, and dual cameras, none of which are on my keyone. This is not to say there's any relevance to a final product but it's not so obviously a keyone being depicted, that I can see.
    05-11-18 08:08 AM
    Yeah, well I'm seeing the Blackberry logo on the space key, numbers all in the keyboard top row, and dual cameras, none of which are on my keyone. This is not to say there's any relevance to a final product but it's not so obviously a keyone being depicted, that I can see.
    I didn't notice the "differences" from the KEYᵒⁿᵉ you mentioned. I think this was the original depiction of what might be the K2. Now we know that is not what it will look like at all.
    05-11-18 09:44 AM
    I didn't notice the "differences" from the KEYᵒⁿᵉ you mentioned.
    What I mentioned are actual differences, not "differences". IDK, maybe click play and pay attention? Tough to see on a phone screen. Try a real computer.
    05-11-18 09:49 AM
    Lol they are just using pictures from renders that have come out over the last few month. Nothing they showed is the KEY2. In fact the one image that leaked of the actual device in someone's hand, doesn't have the BlackBerry logo on the space bar and the numbers are in the same place as the KEYone on the keyboard. This video doesn't actually show anything that is real.
    Smokeaire likes this.
    05-11-18 09:53 AM
    What I mentioned are actual differences, not "differences". IDK, maybe click play and pay attention? Tough to see on a phone screen. Try a real computer.
    Maybe you misread my post. I was referring to the differences in the pkb you pointed out on the render in the video versus what the actual KEYᵒⁿᵉ PKB looks like. It is now known the video version isn't what the K2 PKB will look like. So in all reality the video you posted is irrelevant.
    05-11-18 10:29 AM
    Maybe you misread my post. I was referring to the differences in the pkb you pointed out on the render in the video versus what the actual KEYᵒⁿᵉ PKB looks like. It is now known the video version isn't what the K2 PKB will look like. So in all reality the video you posted is irrelevant.
    I didn't misread anything, jojo. I posted a video with no particular claim except that I hadn't seen it, subsequently that there were at least three differences I could see between some of the depictions and my keyone. That still stands. The post is no less relevant than any other post around here linking to renders. I thought it might be as interesting to look at as other depictions. You rolled in to attack me and persist even though your assertions are shown to be without merit. Bugger off, troll.
    05-11-18 10:45 AM
    Well, that escalated quickly
    psychofox13 likes this.
    05-11-18 10:49 AM
    I didn't misread anything, jojo. I posted a video with no particular claim except that I hadn't seen it, subsequently that there were at least three differences I could see between some of the depictions and my keyone. That still stands. The post is no less relevant than any other post around here linking to renders. I thought it might be as interesting to look at as other depictions. You rolled in to attack me and persist even though your assertions are shown to be without merit. Bugger off, troll.
    I didn't attack you nor call you names. I'm better than that. In fact I even admitted to miss seeing some things that you point out that I missed. So kindly remove that chip on your shoulder.
    05-11-18 11:09 AM
46 12