So for the first time in ever, my KEYone gave me a warning that the phone was cooling down because it was overheating. I was so floored, I had to double-check I didn't have a PRIV in my hand ������.

Granted I was using photo editing apps, but I thought it could take it. But it just got hot like the PRIV, though it took far longer to get there. Just something interesting to report, we at least for me.
    Last edited by skinnymike1; 05-24-18 at 01:11 PM.
    05-23-18 08:50 PM
    unload all your apps. test. then add back only Google or Blackberry apps. test. add back other apps one by one to find problem app
    05-23-18 08:54 PM
    overheating can happen with any phone. iphones and samsungs included. however some phones like the priv are just plain wrongly engineered. if it is once in a long while I shouldnt be worried
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    05-23-18 09:15 PM
    Maybe it's that photo editing app specifically which is poorly coded/optimized ?
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    05-24-18 01:13 AM
    unload all your apps. test. then add back only Google or Blackberry apps. test. add back other apps one by one to find problem app
    The daunting but logical answer. Thank you.

overheating can happen with any phone. iphones and samsungs included. however some phones like the priv are just plain wrongly engineered. if it is once in a long while I shouldnt be worried
    Oh really? That's news to me. Thanks for that.

Maybe it's that photo editing app specifically which is poorly coded/optimized ?
    Maybe but it was the first time of ever overheating my KEYone and I have used it regularly on the phone (PicsArt).
    05-24-18 01:13 PM
    This is the only explanation.

Although Android apps have come a long way since the Android Eclaire days, where they would go rogue, there are still some that make it through the cracks and are poorly coded and with little optimisation.

It sounds like that Photo Editing app was not a quality one OR it simply is not well optimised for the SoC in the K1, it mayrun better on a Snapdragon 820 for example.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    05-24-18 02:24 PM
    This is the only explanation.

Although Android apps have come a long way since the Android Eclaire days, where they would go rogue, there are still some that make it through the cracks and are poorly coded and with little optimisation.

It sounds like that Photo Editing app was not a quality one OR it simply is not well optimised for the SoC in the K1, it mayrun better on a Snapdragon 820 for example.
    Yes of course. But I am saying that any phone/computer can over heat under a software load, which is also true. I had iphones and galaxies that did as well as the priv.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    05-24-18 02:32 PM
    Yes of course. But I am saying that any phone/computer can over heat under a software load, which is also true. I had iphones and galaxies that did as well as the priv.
    Lol, I was meaning to quote The Boons post about bad software, not yours, lol.

This is what happens when one works for almost 12hours

Let me go to bed!
    the_boon and skinnymike1 like this.
    05-24-18 02:35 PM