Good afternoon,

I know there are other posts about snapchat regarding the Keyone. However, I have not found an answer to a question I have yet.

I bought the Keyone last week off Amazon and am currently awaiting arrival. I was wondering how Snapchat is working since the last update? I've read things on twitter and on this site about other users (iOS/android) not being able to view your snaps correctly, the snap photo having a border around it, and in some cases the text not even showing up on the snap?

Has anybody ever viewed a snap from a Keyone on another device?

Does anyone have any experience with Snapchat since the last update??

Thanks
    06-07-17 03:21 PM
    I am facing some issues with my Snapchat account, I am not able to install this app on my device, anyone here who can help me?
    06-10-17 07:17 AM
    This is a problem. The screen ratio is different then other devices causing the size of snaps to be different.
    I haven't seem to have has an issue with people viewing my snaps, but I usually throw my text right in the middle. However when I am viewing others, if they have it near the top/bottom, it does get cut off sometimes. Kind of frustrating.
    Also, the app itself on the K1, is sluggish. Reminds me a lot of the PRIV days.
    Hopefully there is an option to change the screen aspect ratio. I much rather have some black bars on the screen than miss out on the snaps.
    Resilience likes this.
    06-10-17 04:20 PM
    This is a problem. The screen ratio is different then other devices causing the size of snaps to be different.
    I haven't seem to have has an issue with people viewing my snaps, but I usually throw my text right in the middle. However when I am viewing others, if they have it near the top/bottom, it does get cut off sometimes. Kind of frustrating.
    Hopefully there is an option to change the screen aspect ratio. I much rather have some black bars on the screen than miss out on the snaps.
    It's the same thing with s8 and lg g6 , things look pixeled cause of the screen resolutions
    06-10-17 04:23 PM
    It's the same thing with s8 and lg g6 , things look pixeled cause of the screen resolutions
    My wife has the G6, maybe that's why she has never complained about the ones I send here because of the ratio...
    06-10-17 04:47 PM
    Not sure about screen ratio but as for sluggish, I don't see that at all. It's miles ahead of the Priv running snap chat for me.
    06-10-17 05:17 PM
    Unfortunately Snapchat on any Android phone is a subpar experience. From the Nexus 5 and Nexus 6P, to the Priv and now the KeyOne, among other devices, I've always had some kind of issue with battery drain, crashing, performance or image quality.

Performance in the current version is okay and I've not noticed any unreasonable amount of battery drain compared to older versions of the app, but I do notice that the aspect ratio does cause issues.

Text entry is a bit strange, as the "utility bar" (for bringing up emojis and other things) currently covers the text entry bar, meaning it can be difficult to see what you've typed once you've taken a snap. This seems to be related to the aspect ratio problem mentioned before.
    06-10-17 07:57 PM
    Anytime I try to record video with snapchat I get weird pixelation issues where the video will show blackbars and strange formating. Video appears the same when sending to others. Any idea why this would be happening?
    Attached Thumbnails Snapchat performance on the Keyone?-screenshot_20170610-212603.jpg  
    06-10-17 09:30 PM
    I've been snapping ADAN while here on vacay in Hawai'i and this thing handles Snapchat like a BOSS!

I type captions in, zoom in and out, respond to chats, send photos from browser to chats, use stickers and filters, Bitmoji integration, etc. and this thing runs super-smooth.

I only find SOMETIMES if I'm doing back-to-back "Save to gallery"/downloads, it'll get a bit sluggish on the 5th or 6th one, but otherwise, smoooth.
    06-10-17 09:44 PM
    How do I change the screen aspect ratio for snapchat?
    06-25-17 02:49 AM
    You can't change it. Best thing you can do right now is send feedback to Snapchat and hope they include an update.
    However, let's get real, the amount of people who own a KEYone is minimal to them, so it will be a bit before there is a fix. If ever...
    06-25-17 07:13 AM
    How many people are using IG's snapchat thing? Are more people migrating there? How are snapping vids on their compared to snapchat app?
    06-25-17 09:03 PM
    You can't change it. Best thing you can do right now is send feedback to Snapchat and hope they include an update.
    However, let's get real, the amount of people who own a KEYone is minimal to them, so it will be a bit before there is a fix. If ever...
    Well the other phones have the same issue with getting snaps for the S8/G6.

So you could probably leverage that and it would fix aspect ratios with the height not scaling to the viewer.
    06-25-17 09:40 PM
    How many people are using IG's snapchat thing? Are more people migrating there? How are snapping vids on their compared to snapchat app?
    I haven't migrated. Facebook is trying their best to kill Snapchat. Snapchat has its audience and use. One should use specific apps for what they are good at.

Facebook has its own stories, then on IG and also Whatsapp now has it. You can see it. What it does is make their apps very heavy. One wouldn't necessarily have same audience or friends on each platform.

Saying that Snapchat needs to improve its performance. It's iPhone app is superior to anything else, period.
    portplayer likes this.
    06-25-17 09:57 PM
    I haven't migrated. Facebook is trying their best to kill Snapchat. Snapchat has its audience and use. One should use specific apps for what they are good at.

Facebook has its own stories, then on IG and also Whatsapp now has it. You can see it. What it does is make their apps very heavy. One wouldn't necessarily have same audience or friends on each platform.

Saying that Snapchat needs to improve its performance. It's iPhone app is superior to anything else, period.
    To a degree, I agree.
    All based on what you're doing.

But again, is it only on iPhone that it gives a lighter screen for selfies in the dark? Does android run this?
    06-25-17 10:38 PM
    android has the front screen flash too. but Snapchat features work very well in Instagram. the others, not much.

I still prefer Snapchat because of the audience I have and the app is intended for that use specifically and the deleted chats
    06-26-17 12:14 AM

I cannot get rid of my iPhone for this reason. It's by far the best device/os for the Snapchat application.
    06-26-17 01:05 AM