I've had my Keyone for a while but haven't been using it until now. On testing, I've found that though I'm able to receive a test text (from husband's phone) the SMS send arrow isn't working, and husband hasn't yet received any of the test messages I've sent, over two days, trying all available suggestions I could find here and elsewhere.

I'm on At&T - signed up a couple of days ago.

I've tried to install Textra, but every time I've tried I receive a message that "an unexpected error has occurred - pse try later". I've tried many times, after re-starting, clearing cache etc. We have a reasonably strong wi-fi at home - works for laptops. Battery has been re-charged and tried again with 100% battery - nothing!

Any ideas or advice would be welcome. I'm new to smartphones and Android by the way, but experienced on desk-top, laptop - Windows.
    09-30-17 01:50 PM
    Make sure you signed up with a data plan, make sure the person is in your contacts (phone book) on your devise, and that you are connected to AT&T.
    you can also add your home email to your phone (add accounts) and it will sync your contacts to your phone. There is a Help icon on the KEYone too.
    09-30-17 11:16 PM
    Also on the front page of Crackberry, there are tutorials on the KEYone here...

https://crackberry.com/blackberry-ke...eeIJK2QRVrz.97

and the KEYone Support Forum here...

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...-support-f468/
    09-30-17 11:19 PM
    I have problems when I connect to a vpn. Internet stops working signal texting app won't send messages.
    09-30-17 11:24 PM
    Thank you for these suggestions. I have tried them to no avail. My AT&T does include data. My next step will have to be another visit to AT&T, I guess, to make sure their SIM card or something connected to it isn't the problem.

Why, though, am I unable to download a messaging app.? I've tried multiple times. Our Wifi at home is adequate for laptop use. I'm still receiving the same message that I'm unable to install the app "due to unexpected error, try later"
    10-01-17 11:08 AM
    Thanks again. I think my problems are solved, for now. I eventually tried a factory re-set, which was probably necessary after adding the AT&T plan. Then I added Chrome, and all required apps have now installed, plus SMS is sending now as well as receiving.

I'm adding this in case anyone in the future comes across the same kinds of hiccups.
    10-01-17 05:50 PM
    Great that you got it solved.
    10-02-17 05:38 AM