I am coming from a BB Classic and I am noticing a huge difference in SMS deliverability.

I am in a very low signal area, and switching between two towers. However, my old classic would still figure out a way to deliver the messages.

Now with the Android based KeyOne it is telling me about all the non-deliveries, but it is getting about 30% of them through. What a PITA.

Is anyone else noticing this?
    06-04-17 09:19 PM
    A lot of threads are talking about weak signal strength. I assume it's related. Look in one of those.
    06-04-17 09:26 PM
    I am coming from a BB Classic and I am noticing a huge difference in SMS deliverability.

I am in a very low signal area, and switching between two towers. However, my old classic would still figure out a way to deliver the messages.

Now with the Android based KeyOne it is telling me about all the non-deliveries, but it is getting about 30% of them through. What a PITA.

Is anyone else noticing this?
    Signal strengh seems better than my galaxy S7 when I'm out and about...

Either way, just turn on wifi calling at home/work and it will change your life in low signal areas.

Yes, it works with SMS and MMS too!
    06-04-17 09:29 PM
    A lot of threads are talking about weak signal strength. I assume it's related. Look in one of those.
    I have the same low signal on my classic, but the SMS application seemed far more tolerant to it. I am now guessing the BB10 SMS application automatically retried on errors instead of giving up like Android seems to do. It looks like that app was far more resilient.

I am receiving the SMS no problems, just sending is the issue.

I am now searching through 5 years of SMS app issues on Android it seems like this is not a new problem. Anyone know of an SMS app that does automatic retries?
    06-04-17 10:49 PM
    Signal strengh seems better than my galaxy S7 when I'm out and about...

Either way, just turn on wifi calling at home/work and it will change your life in low signal areas.

Yes, it works with SMS and MMS too!
    Alas, Rogers doesn't allow it right now.
    06-04-17 10:56 PM