I use textra and with one of the recent textra updates, I stopped getting hub notifications for sms messages. I get a textra specific notification instead.

Emails notifications are working in hub fine.

Any thoughts?
    08-08-17 11:16 PM
    I do not use Textra but have you checked the configuration options for the application, and verified your Textra account is listed in the BlackBerry Hub configuration?
    08-08-17 11:25 PM
    Yes, textra/sms is listed as an account in hub.

I can still see my sms messages in hub and reply via hub, my android notification just is for textra which opens textra instead of the hub.
    08-08-17 11:27 PM
    Same here. My Textra text messages do show up in the hub (and I can reply via the hub too) but I get no 'symbol' (like the red star on BB10) on the hub icon to notify me of a new message. What I don't like is needing two different apps on my phone for text messages. Without the Textra app I have no way of knowing I got a text message by just quickly checking my phone. ...
    10-12-17 06:45 AM
    Any hope a future update might fix the issue? And it actually did not work either with the stock Google app. A great app but what the point if it is only partly functional...
    Last edited by ivanbzh; 10-20-17 at 04:09 PM.
    10-20-17 03:43 PM
    I don't have textra but with WhatsApp I set notifications using the settings inside the WhatsApp app even though WhatApp messages are included in my Hub list. I could only change the LED color in Hub .
    10-20-17 04:13 PM
    I reported the bug (?) to BB. Pretty sure I wasn't the first one. I had the KEYone for a while (currently using an Xperia XZ 1 Compact) and it worked fine as far as I can remember. Is it using the app on a different android phone?
    10-21-17 01:23 PM
    Why would you get notifications from the hub?

The only notifications you should get from the hub are emails, as it's an email client.

For everything else, it just reads the other notifications.

So getting a notification from Textra, and then having the hub read it is the way it works.

Either use your hub just for email, or accept the limitations.

The hub is not a texting app, it's only reads notifications, and allows you to respond.
    10-21-17 02:05 PM
    Why would you get notifications from the hub?

The only notifications you should get from the hub are emails, as it's an email client.

For everything else, it just reads the other notifications.

So getting a notification from Textra, and then having the hub read it is the way it works.

Either use your hub just for email, or accept the limitations.

The hub is not a texting app, it's only reads notifications, and allows you to respond.
    What??? You get notified in the hub for emails AND text messages AND phone calls. That's what the red star is all about. Just like on bb10 which I used for years.
    10-22-17 04:20 PM
    What??? You get notified in the hub for emails AND text messages AND phone calls. That's what the red star is all about. Just like on bb10 which I used for years.
    No, you get text notifications from your texting app, and phone call notifications from the dialer app.

The Hub happens to read those and show them as notifications, the hub itself doesn't provide them.

If you'd like to test this, it's simple.

Disable the hub app, your emails should stop (assuming you're using the hub for email and not Gmail) but you'll still get calls and texts.

Because the app just aggregates notifications, and acts as an email client.
    10-22-17 04:28 PM
    So it is not working as on BB10 where the notification symbol/red star appears on BOTH the texting/dialer apps AND the hub...I still have my PP SE and this is how it's always worked.
    10-22-17 05:01 PM
    So it is not working as on BB10 where the notification symbol/red star appears on BOTH the texting/dialer apps AND the hub...I still have my PP SE and this is how it's always worked.
    No, it does not work like on BB10. Although the star may appear for both. Let me explain:

First of all, the star is a feature of the BlackBerry launcher. If you change the launcher, the star goes away.

Secondly. On BB10. The hub was both for email and text messaging.

However the phone app was separate.

When you got a text message, the hub icon would get a star, and so would the text icon. However the text icon was just a shortcut.

In BB10's case, the Hub was both an email client, and indeed a texting client.

The phone app was separate, but the hub also got a star since it read that notification.

On Android, it's similar, but not quite the same.

On Android, the hub only handles email by default. For texts and calls (and others), it just reads the notifications.

Meaning, both your texting app and the hub will get stars, but in this case, the hub has a star because your texting app got it.

Same thing with the phone app.

Once again, the test is easy. Just deny permissions for the hub app to read notifications, and the next time you get a text, only the text app will get a star, because the hub won't be able to read that notification.

You will still get notifications for email however, since the hub actually produces those, not just reads them.
    10-22-17 06:54 PM