Funny, future-proof android lost the sms functionality in the hub before the obsolete hit and miss BlackBerry 10.

We don't have any Google restrictions here

{*Passport SQW100-1*}
    03-24-19 09:58 AM
    I wished I could use my 9700, it was the perfect size for a phone.
    03-25-19 02:47 AM
    Nope, and I'm thinking of leaping ship with the last change of not showing outbound text. If not for the PKB, I would be gone by now.
    Gone to what? That was a google change so you'll have this same problem no matter what Android phone you switch to... And even if you switch to iphone, it's not like they have a message/notification consolidation app like the "hub" (which looks like has been renamed the "inbox" ).

I haven't updated hub+ services or my text app to the latest update that talks about the idiotic changes Google made, so texts still appear in my hub. Have auto updates turned off and will hold off those updates for as long as I could, lol.
    04-01-19 12:07 AM
    In-coming SMS should show. Personally I haven't been rocked to my core over the loss of outgoing SMS and still find the HUB incredibly useful, even in it's new form. But that's just me, and there are a lot of people out there who live and breath SMS, thus the problem.
    Yah, like me, always like to see the previous sent and received texts. I've turned off auto updates since before this change, so not going to update the apps that would cause this change. See how long that works, lol. I'm hoping google realizes how dumb this change is and reverses it or BlackBerry makes their own sms application that can work with this. Or if a sms app integrates email, I'll simply switch to using that instead of the hub all-together...
    04-01-19 12:10 AM
    I didn't say read, I said respond. Sometimes I read a message but need time to think or let it digest before responding, so often my question is, "Did I ever respond to that one?" Did I send them the information they needed?

Seeing these are also business phones, you never know when a text requires you to look something up or speak to others before responding etc... I have often read a text during a meeting but wait until the meeting is over because of the length or complexity of the response.

In my world, knowing if I responded and what I said is major. It has saved my bacon many times.
    I am completely with you. This is supposed to be a business phone not a toy. Hub is not what is used to be
    RK_BB likes this.
    04-01-19 03:40 AM
    That said, the older version is right on the device... just uninstall the update and the original will be restored with no playstore intervention...
    I got hit today by this... I don't do auto-updates but had a lot of them and just let them in. Now a new SMS shows up in the hub but the old threads are gone, just in the app, and the hub points me there. Old SMS is not in the hub at all.
    Since there were a lot of Hub+ services updated all at once, which one do I roll back, and how do you roll back an update? I never did that before on a 'berry. Windoze, sure...
    04-04-19 10:26 AM
    Hub+
    Hub+Services
    Calendar (back up in case)
    Contacts (back up in case)
    Tasks (back up in case)
    Notes (you will back up first to Keep or lose all)

Likely too late for SMS history, I back up using SMS Backup and Restore app and have them back decades...
    04-04-19 10:34 AM
    I uninstalled the updates and turned off Auto update in the Play store. Everything appears to be the original apps. When I compose a text message in Hub it still opens the Messages app. Is there a setting I need to fix so that everything stays in the Hub?I uninstalled the updates and turned off Auto update in the Play store. Everything appears to be the original apps. When I compose a text message in Hub it still opens the Messages app. Is there a setting I need to fix so that everything stays in the Hub?
    04-21-19 06:19 AM
33 12