Hey guys so I'm new to BB running Android. I come from an iPhone and passport. Although I've missed the hub and come back I'm having trouble receiving text messages in hub emails are flowing through but my message keep going to the default messaging app. I went in and allowed permissions I believe however even when I start a new message I believe it takes me back to the default app and does not appear in my text messaging view in hub? In help would be appreciated as I am still new. Other than that... I have missed a pkb and feels so good to be home.
    03-12-19 10:23 AM
    The Hub will only show that you have a new SMS, if it's set to see them in the Hub Settings. But it does not have built-in SMS like the one in BB10. It just references the default messenger used on the device.
    03-12-19 10:30 AM
    This was a recent change that was initiated by Google.
    03-12-19 01:20 PM
    True, Sent SMS messages don't show in the Hub anymore, but if the OP is asking about creating a messages in the first place, that isn't done in the Hub, there is no SMS editor in the Hub for Android, and never was. That's done in whatever texting app you have set as the default.
    03-12-19 02:08 PM
    got it thanks guys! so coming from passport the hub doesn't function exactly the same as it did on BB 10?
    03-13-19 06:18 PM
    That's correct. It's close, but not exactly the same.
    Paisley Pirate likes this.
    03-13-19 10:24 PM
    got it thanks guys! so coming from passport the hub doesn't function exactly the same as it did on BB 10?
    A lot of the apps BlackBerry has written for Android are like that, e.g. "similar but not the same". It's ok when you get familiar with how the new apps work. Took me a while to go from a Z10 to a Priv when I did the swap from BB10 to Android. Have fun :-)
    03-14-19 10:29 AM
    True, Sent SMS messages don't show in the Hub anymore, but if the OP is asking about creating a messages in the first place, that isn't done in the Hub, there is no SMS editor in the Hub for Android, and never was. That's done in whatever texting app you have set as the default.
    But if you hit the pencil icon at the bottom of the HUB, you have the choice of choosing text if that's what you want to create.
    saeengineer likes this.
    03-16-19 12:29 AM
    Nope, and I'm thinking of leaping ship with the last change of not showing outbound text. If not for the PKB, I would be gone by now.
    03-16-19 12:31 AM
    But if you hit the pencil icon at the bottom of the HUB, you have the choice of choosing text if that's what you want to create.
    True, but that just pulls up the app you're using in an overlay. It's still not the Hub itself. It does give the impression of staying in the Hub though.
    03-16-19 09:31 AM
    Hi, I wonder if anyone can shed some light on this. Any ideas why the hub 'repeats' telephone calls in the list. The entry ending with 'shop' was a single call out, but it's repeated numerous times. Please see the attachment. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. The same with the call at '15.17'. SMS is not working in Hub.-screenshot_20190316-153525__01.jpeg
    03-16-19 10:42 AM
    Nope, and I'm thinking of leaping ship with the last change of not showing outbound text. If not for the PKB, I would be gone by now.
    Nope... backup notes, uninstall hub, hub services, Notes, calendar, tasks... Original will install each time... go to Google play and uncheck automatic updates for each of those apps... all will work again

You will see to re-install your email accounts in Hub and it will get everything back... automatically imports contacts and calendar from Google, other users might need to import that...
    03-16-19 11:16 AM
    Nope... backup notes, uninstall hub, hub services, Notes, calendar, tasks... Original will install each time... go to Google play and uncheck automatic updates for each of those apps... all will work again

You will see to re-install your email accounts in Hub and it will get everything back... automatically imports contacts and calendar from Google, other users might need to import that...
    Wow, that's pretty slick. You're a smart feller. Thanks.
    03-16-19 01:10 PM
    Not so smart, more like devious...

Also, spending time reading on these forums, one can learn a lot...

Also, who knows how long it may work... BlackBerry or Google might find out and cripple it to be obtuse...

Shhh!!
    03-16-19 05:43 PM
    That is truly devious!
    03-18-19 12:35 PM
    I am new to the hub on my Priv. My first blackberry. I upgraded and of course I am experiences this issues listed here, specifically the fact that no SMS messages are shown in the new hub app. Can I got back to the old one? It is just a matter of un-installing the new one? Do I have to re-install the old one? Is the old one still in the app catalog? Thanks in advance.
    03-20-19 01:46 PM
    I am new to the hub on my Priv. My first blackberry. I upgraded and of course I am experiences this issues listed here, specifically the fact that no SMS messages are shown in the new hub app. Can I got back to the old one? It is just a matter of un-installing the new one? Do I have to re-install the old one? Is the old one still in the app catalog? Thanks in advance.
    In-coming SMS should show. Personally I haven't been rocked to my core over the loss of outgoing SMS and still find the HUB incredibly useful, even in it's new form. But that's just me, and there are a lot of people out there who live and breath SMS, thus the problem.
    03-21-19 08:57 AM
    In-coming SMS should show. Personally I haven't been rocked to my core over the loss of outgoing SMS and still find the HUB incredibly useful, even in it's new form. But that's just me, and there are a lot of people out there who live and breath SMS, thus the problem.
    I feel better now that my calls in back in the HUB but I normally go to the HUB to send SMS messages by taping on the last message. Now that takes me to the app and I don't get to see what I last said unless I open the conversation so I don't know if the ball is in my court or not???
    03-21-19 08:11 PM
    I feel better now that my calls in back in the HUB but I normally go to the HUB to send SMS messages by taping on the last message. Now that takes me to the app and I don't get to see what I last said unless I open the conversation so I don't know if the ball is in my court or not???
    Your SMS app or HUB does not tell you you have an unread message? The only difference to me is that it does not show my sent. That is the default that I was the last to communicate otherwise it shows as a new message from the sender in my HUB and stock Messenger App. I realize change is not always welcomed but there are so many beneficial new features in the HUB updates that the gripes I have read seem odd. I am not being or trying to be judgmental but the new updates seem to be a value add for how I use the HUB in my communications. Was it different for an hour or so? Yes indeed but once I discovered swipe right and refresh on the bottom left OR press letter A and refresh bottom left I would not go back to a former version.
    03-23-19 01:29 PM
    Read what I said a few posts above and follow it...
    03-23-19 01:34 PM
    This was a recent change that was initiated by Google.
    Blaming it on Google is not a complete thought... the prior version still works fine
    03-23-19 01:35 PM
    Blaming it on Google is not a complete thought... the prior version still works fine
    The prior versions were made before the restriction was created by Google, so yes, it is a complete thought. Also, you can't get the prior versions through the Play Store. That's how Google enforces it's requirements.
    03-23-19 04:48 PM
    That said, the older version is right on the device... just uninstall the update and the original will be restored with no playstore intervention...
    03-23-19 05:47 PM
    That said, the older version is right on the device... just uninstall the update and the original will be restored with no playstore intervention...
    Fine for all existing devices, sure.
    03-23-19 07:05 PM
    Your SMS app or HUB does not tell you you have an unread message? The only difference to me is that it does not show my sent..

I didn't say read, I said respond. Sometimes I read a message but need time to think or let it digest before responding, so often my question is, "Did I ever respond to that one?" Did I send them the information they needed?

Seeing these are also business phones, you never know when a text requires you to look something up or speak to others before responding etc... I have often read a text during a meeting but wait until the meeting is over because of the length or complexity of the response.

In my world, knowing if I responded and what I said is major. It has saved my bacon many times.
    03-23-19 07:32 PM
33 12