Just got the update yesterday morning and since then cannot send SMS. Being able to recieve but cannot send. Had a talk with opteimus , they are aware but no Solutions as of now, the problem is at the blackberry end. Carrier is OK.

Need help so as to input the carrier SMS number in settings. Cannot find any.
    01-19-18 07:39 AM
    I also downloaded and installed AAT316 on my KEYone and unable to send out SMS messages to contacts with the Android Messaging app. Once a contact sends me a SMS, I am then able to send SMS messages back to them. But this doesn't work with contacts who have not sent me a message since I applied the update. It's almost as if the SMS is unlocked with them once a contact sends me an SMS first!

I eventually downloaded a 3rd party app Textra and it appears to be working so far. I rather not use a 3rd party app but it works for now.

I wasn't able to find any settings that would help with this.

I'm on T-Mobile in the US.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-19-18 07:50 AM
    I also downloaded and installed AAT316 on my KEYone and unable to send out SMS messages to contacts with the Android Messaging app. Once a contact sends me a SMS, I am then able to send SMS messages back to them. But this doesn't work with contacts who have not sent me a message since I applied the update. It's almost as if the SMS is unlocked with them once a contact sends me an SMS first!

I eventually downloaded a 3rd party app Textra and it appears to be working so far. I rather not use a 3rd party app but it works for now.

Try clearing cache and see if that helps.
    01-19-18 07:58 AM
    I got an error message every time I tried to message my wife (who uses a Pixel phone) after the update.

Seem to have fixed it by going into the 'People and options' menu, then enabling 'only send SMS and MMS messages'.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-19-18 10:39 AM
    Yaata and Textra are way better anyway.

It's not like Google Messenger isn't a 3rd party app too.
    01-19-18 10:43 AM
    On top of my SMS issue, I also just discovered that I can receive incoming calls but when I make an outbound call, it gives me an error saying Cellular Network not Available. It shows me i'm on 4G LTE and connected to T-Mobile but unable to make outbound calls. Has anyone else seen this?
    01-19-18 03:37 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion. I cleared the cache but it still doesn't work.
    01-19-18 03:47 PM
    calls are fine as of now. Opteimus called me to find out if the problem is resolved. they say they are working on it but to me it seemed they are fishing for answers.
    01-19-18 09:00 PM

I'm also on T-Mobile, and I too, cannot send SMS's. Using the native Android Messages app "Not sent. Tap to try again." I can receive messages though. No dice with HANDCENT as well.

There is no way to edit the APN either (T-Mobile GPRS, all settings locked out grey).

And how do you edit or change the SMSC number? Seems like the messaging config options are all missing from the Keyone's version of Nougat 7.1.1.
    01-28-18 12:02 AM
    calls are fine as of now. Opteimus called me to find out if the problem is resolved. they say they are working on it but to me it seemed they are fishing for answers.
    Did you get any solution from opteimus ? I am also facing same issue. Further there is no success using third party apps.
    01-28-18 12:29 AM
    I got an error message every time I tried to message my wife (who uses a Pixel phone) after the update.

Seem to have fixed it by going into the 'People and options' menu, then enabling 'only send SMS and MMS messages'.
    I went into 'People and options' but there is no 'only send SMS and MMS messages' option. Just
    General
    'Notifications'
    'Notification sound'
    'Vibrate'
    'Block'
    '+Add people'

01-28-18 12:39 AM
    use TEXTRA . yes Opteimus did call and asked me to do a network reset and try ......didn't work out. the next option is changing sim 1 to sim 2 , doing a network reset and then restarting and trying once again. didn't try that so don't know . downloaded textra using it fine and - am a happy guy.
    01-28-18 12:46 AM
    Yaata and Textra are way better anyway.

It's not like Google Messenger isn't a 3rd party app too.
    This actually worked. Nice app too.

Don't understand the native messenger hangup with AAT316 tho... I can live with it being resolved in a later update I guess.
    01-28-18 01:00 AM
    For those of you having issues with the native messenger app after installing the latest update, try installing the "Carrier Services" app by Google from the Google Play Store. My girlfriend has an unlocked KeyOne on Straight Talk using an AT&T mvno and this fixed her issue with sending and receiving both SMS and MMS. I have a carrier locked AT&T KeyOne and use Textra and I don't have any issues with SMS or MMS. Hopefully this helps.
    01-28-18 01:47 AM
    facing same issue of messages in India too
    01-28-18 06:07 AM
    For those of you having issues with the native messenger app after installing the latest update, try installing the "Carrier Services" app by Google from the Google Play Store. My girlfriend has an unlocked KeyOne on Straight Talk using an AT&T mvno and this fixed her issue with sending and receiving both SMS and MMS. I have a carrier locked AT&T KeyOne and use Textra and I don't have any issues with SMS or MMS. Hopefully this helps.
    Already installed by default?
    01-28-18 05:17 PM
    Can't send SMSs after blackberry update a few days ago. What's the solution? Should I go to a nearest BlackBerry service centre
    Last edited by Rajiv Chhibber; 01-28-18 at 11:51 PM.
    01-28-18 11:38 PM
    Can't send SMSs after blackberry update a few days ago. Should I go to a nearest BlackBerry service centre or is there an option available in settings?
    01-28-18 11:39 PM
    Can't send SMSs after blackberry update a few days ago. Should I go to a nearest BlackBerry service centre or is there an option available in settings?
    01-28-18 11:47 PM
    As I tried 3rd party app it was working for sending text but was not working with any bank or payment app to send sms so I tried below steps and it worked

1) Change your sim from 1 slot to 2nd
    2) Restart phone
    3) Try to send a test message from default app it will work
    4) After success you change sim to any slot either 1 or 2 as per your choice it will work
    William Tele and muthukumarm like this.
    02-10-18 02:05 PM
    Already installed by default?
    As I tried 3rd party app it was working for sending text but was not working with any bank or payment app to send sms so I tried below steps and it worked

2) Restart phone
    4) After success you change sim to any slot either 1 or 2 as per your choice it will work
    02-10-18 02:05 PM
    facing same issue of messages in India too

2) Restart phone
    02-10-18 02:07 PM
    Did you get any solution from opteimus ? I am also facing same issue. Further there is no success using third party apps.

2) Restart phone
    02-10-18 02:07 PM
    This worked out absolutely well. I’m very grateful
    02-19-18 09:39 AM
    Brilluant. It worked. I have to start the phone without inserting the sim tray. Once prompted for "Insert sim" , I inserted the sim tray with the sim at the slot 2.
    02-24-18 01:18 AM
26 12