It just disappeared. I haven't added any new apps or changed settings lately. The only thing new I did shortly before this happened was to update a few apps, and one of em being the BB productivity tab... the only thing probably close enough to have a connection to this prob.

I've tried the off/on reset a couple of times already. I am still stuck at AAV119, too.
    Attached Thumbnails Smart Lock Trusted Location disappeared-1630262.jpg  
    Last edited by japsuki; 05-23-18 at 06:45 AM.
    05-22-18 09:36 PM
    It just disappeared. I haven't added any new apps. The only thing new I did shortly before this happened was to update a few apps, and one of em being the BB productivity app... the only thing probably close enough to have a connection to this prob.

I've tried the reset a couple of times already. I am still stuck at AAV119, too.
    I don't use Location but still have it.

Did you change Location settings or turn off gps? Something that might eliminate that option?
    05-23-18 12:37 AM
    I wasn't using it but it is now missing from my Sprint AAY version as well. Think it must have been one of the op sys updates but didn't notice it until now.
    05-23-18 04:24 AM
    I'm on AAW377 and that option is missing. Not sure how long it's been gone. I've turned off/on all possible options (GPS, Location etc) and still no "trusted places".
    05-23-18 06:34 AM
    I don't use Location but still have it.

Did you change Location settings or turn off gps? Something that might eliminate that option?
    Nope. I didn't change any setting. I tried network reset, checked different Location settings, all while doing the "batt pull"-like restart per change in setting, and still nothing.

The "trusted places" option has been acting up the past few weeks/months actually, but I just got used to it and hoping that a new update (that i havent gotten in months) would fix it.

This "acting up" issue (resetting trusted place) makes me check and edit "trusted places" a few times a day, so i'm certain that it just disappeared now, shortly before posting this. I set this up cos i dont wanna keep on doing the fingerprint everytime im at home, but i guess now, there's no choice. Pffft!!
    05-23-18 06:43 AM
    Nope. I didn't change any setting. I tried network reset, checked different Location settings, all while doing the "batt pull"-like restart per change in setting, and still nothing.

The "trusted places" option has been acting up the past few weeks/months actually, but I just got used to it and hoping that a new update (that i havent gotten in months) would fix it.

This "acting up" issue (resetting trusted place) makes me check and edit "trusted places" a few times a day, so i'm certain that it just disappeared now, shortly before posting this. I set this up cos i dont wanna keep on doing the fingerprint everytime im at home, but i guess now, there's no choice. Pffft!!
    I'm on the May patch and so far it seems that the trusted places smart lock finally works as it should. With previous builds/patches it was all about 'acting up' just as you described it. If I were you I'd go with autoloader/May patch. I'll keep an eye on it and will keep you posted.
    05-23-18 06:52 AM
    I'm on the May patch and so far it seems that the trusted places smart lock finally works as it should. With previous builds/patches it was all about 'acting up' just as you described it. If I were you I'd go with autoloader/May patch. I'll keep an eye on it and will keep you posted.
    Aaaah since you know of that issue and now you say the May update fixed it, then that is good enough for me! I'll just wait for the update notification then. Thank you!
    I have a feeling the update's coming soon. I just know it...dammit!! 😂
    05-23-18 07:02 AM
    Aaaah since you know of that issue and now you say the May update fixed it, then that is good enough for me! I'll just wait for the update notification then. Thank you!
    I have a feeling the update's coming soon. I just know it...dammit!! 😂
    I just moved from one of my trusted locations into another one and it's working great!!! Looks like it's really working now!!! Touch wood....
    05-23-18 11:52 AM
    Actually, there may be more to this...

https://www.xda-developers.com/smart...-disappearing/

It's not just you. It's happening on other Android phones in general.

I'm on an S8, and it was acting up on my phone for the past few months too - not locking when it should, and locking when it shouldn't.

I still have Trusted Places on my phone, but now I suppose it will disappear as well.
    05-23-18 12:05 PM
    I ran a test - I turned the location services off while at home (one of my trusted places) and the smart lock wouldn't work (as expected). Then I turned the location services back on, locked the phone right after that and the phone would still be locked upon wakeup. I realized it's not necessarily 'acting up' but it may just be that it hasn't localized itself yet. So I invoked the Google voice control by saying 'OK Google' to which the Google voice/search app would appear and I could see the location services indicator appearing as well. At that point I would expect that the whole of Google's ecosystem got updated on the phone's current position. And sure enough, that really was the case and the smart lock/trusted places started working again. So I guess it really did get fixed Sorry OP for hijacking your thread a bit but I still hope updating to the latest patch may solve your issue as well...
    05-23-18 03:29 PM
    So I guess it really did get fixed
    I wouldn't call that fixed. It's clearly an issue on Google's end, you just managed to force it to work again in a likely temporary scenario.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Android/com...nlock_trusted/
    05-23-18 07:15 PM
    Actually, there may be more to this...

https://www.xda-developers.com/smart...-disappearing/

It's not just you. It's happening on other Android phones in general.

I'm on an S8, and it was acting up on my phone for the past few months too - not locking when it should, and locking when it shouldn't.

I still have Trusted Places on my phone, but now I suppose it will disappear as well.
    Aaaak! I guess RIP, Trusted Places then. 😭 Thanks for the article share!
    05-24-18 12:05 AM
    I ran a test - I turned the location services off while at home (one of my trusted places) and the smart lock wouldn't work (as expected). Then I turned the location services back on, locked the phone right after that and the phone would still be locked upon wakeup. I realized it's not necessarily 'acting up' but it may just be that it hasn't localized itself yet. So I invoked the Google voice control by saying 'OK Google' to which the Google voice/search app would appear and I could see the location services indicator appearing as well. At that point I would expect that the whole of Google's ecosystem got updated on the phone's current position. And sure enough, that really was the case and the smart lock/trusted places started working again. So I guess it really did get fixed Sorry OP for hijacking your thread a bit but I still hope updating to the latest patch may solve your issue as well...
    It appears, as the shared links above pointed out, Trusted Places will be wiped out anyway. If you can't fix 'em, ditch 'em. 😢
    Although, you did give me an idea with using Voice Match to unlock, but even that doesn't work for me either. When i tap the voice option, it immediately pops back to the smart lock options. I can't even get the chance to input my voice.
    I tried also setting up the OK Google thing with the Assistant, and even that has issues, according to other Android users.

Pffft!
    05-24-18 12:10 AM
    Oh, it's going to dissappear... hmmm...I must say I just don't get it why they don't come up with a lock that would let you choose specific wifi networks / specific MAC address defined routers and once connected to those the phone would stay unlocked. Yes,it wouldn't solve the situation with trusted places where you don't have a WiFi connection and use but cellular data but that's a rather exceptional situation anyway....
    05-24-18 12:43 AM
    I have it paired with my Samsung Gear S3 smart watch. While typing this, my smart watch even told me my KeyOne OS was updated and then a bbm message came in, too.

Smart Lock Trusted Location disappeared-img_20180524_0705096.jpg

Smart Lock Trusted Location disappeared-img_20180524_0705061.jpg
    05-24-18 09:10 AM
    Trusted Places option now appears...I am still on AAW377 so not sure why it's now there because I have not done any updates.
    Last edited by fixit1971; 05-25-18 at 06:49 AM.
    05-25-18 06:32 AM
    Has Google begun geofencing those deemed untrustworthy?
    05-25-18 08:05 AM
    Trusted Places option now appears...I am still on AAW377 so not sure why it's now there because I have not done any updates.
    Oh wow! I did the phone off/on after reading your comment, and yes, it's baaack!! Thank goodness! Thanks for the heads up! 🤗
    05-25-18 08:08 AM
    Back on my Sprint version also after the may update this am
    05-25-18 11:33 AM
    The XDA article I linked earlier also updated with info on Trusted Places coming back for other phones too.
    05-25-18 11:59 AM
    Have an Amazon GSM KEY2 on AT&T and after a couple months with no problems, the Smart Lock options disappeared. Tried all the recommended fixes with no success. Then tried deleting my Screen Lock Pin option for no security, then did a soft 12 second power key depress until slight vibration reboot, and then checked to find that the Smart Lock options returned. Must have been the Screen Lock PIN was blocking Smart Lock. Relinked KEY2 with trusted devices and reselected a PIN Screen Lock option. All working OK.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-14-18 09:26 PM