After using the KeyOne since launch, I was curious how many other fans wish it was slightly smaller, mainly the screen height? I can use it with one hand, but I find myself having to stretch to reach to interact with the top of the screen, almost dropping the device from time to time, or stabilizing the device with my other hand to tap a button. I understand that they did it for the real estate to run applications such as netflix, gaming, etc., but for a focus on productivity. With that in mind, I wish they would come up with a more compact version that would be more comfortable and convenient to use with one hand on the go (productivity)...like most other blackberry devices pre-android. I'm ok with a smaller viewing area for games and movies, because that's why I have a laptop and an Xbox one. Lol. Anyone else feel this way? Thoughts and opinions?

Posted via CB10
    Mrs Teapot likes this.
    11-24-17 04:36 PM
    I was using the Classic mainly before my KEYone (though I did have a SE Passport at the time too), and now the Classic seems small by comparison.

I think BlackBerry Mobile wanted to make the KEYone a real suitable replacement for people who had iPhones and other Androids, and those people value a larger screen for just about everything.

I loved my Classic, I had a black and then a blue, but now that I've lived life on a silver and now a black KEYone, I don't think I'd ever be able to go back to a smaller phone with that size screen.
    11-24-17 04:45 PM
    I don't think it can realistically be made smaller. With the width essentially fixed, the 3:2 aspect ratio of the screen is probably the minimum for a decent Android experience, despite 4:3 being technically permitted.
    11-24-17 04:48 PM
    True. I ended up going back to my q10 for a while for the one handed capabilities. It definitely seems super tiny now. Lol. But I see relatives and friends using all touch phones with one hand and their phones are shorter than the KeyOne. That's what got me thinking about it more. I don't think it should be the 3.5" screen, for the reasons you mentioned, but maybe slightly smaller for one handed use. If I go into meetings and need to check or confirm something real quick, even with a portfolio or notebook in my hand, it's like I have to shuffle things or set them down to do it. Not a huge deal, but does get annoying. I love the device, but just another thing to hope and pray for I guess. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-17 04:53 PM
    Good point Conite. Did not think about that aspect of it.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-17 04:54 PM
    I am on the opposite end, I would love to see the next Keyxxx bigger, just a bit smaller then the Passport and that would be perfect.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-17 11:14 PM
    ^I think it is nearly double the size of Passport, isn't it?
    11-25-17 12:38 AM
    I am on the opposite end, I would love to see the next Keyxxx bigger, just a bit smaller then the Passport and that would be perfect.

Posted via CB10
    That is exactly the issue.

For everyone who wants the KeyOne smaller there are two people who want it larger.

For everyone who wants the KeyOne larger there are two people who want it smaller.
    Mrs Teapot, pnfitz and ppeters914 like this.
    11-25-17 12:45 AM
    I have had my K1 for two weeks now. Coming from my beloved Q10, I do find it big BUT I really love it. The large size means if anything I have the phone with me less, that is not in my pocket as it doesn't fit/ weighs me down. I can see why other manufacturers offer a standard and large version to appeal to different customer segments.
    However with just one size K1, I love it already and will continue to adjust. Love that PKB.
    11-25-17 07:44 AM
    Well, it has to maintain a certain screen ratio for android. If it was smaller, the keyboard would be smaller which might be problematic. What I would like to see is the ability to pull up the notification tray from the bottom.
    11-25-17 07:58 AM

Posted via CB10
    Well, I am probably one of the few, if not the only one, that wants it the same width as the Passport but taller than the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-17 09:33 AM
    I totally agree with you . I have a tablet and laptop for movies . phone needs to be phone ... smaller screen will work for me . I feel the same when I try to use with one hand . feels big in my hand .. happy holidays !!!

After using the KeyOne since launch, I was curious how many other fans wish it was slightly smaller, mainly the screen height? I can use it with one hand, but I find myself having to stretch to reach to interact with the top of the screen, almost dropping the device from time to time, or stabilizing the device with my other hand to tap a button. I understand that they did it for the real estate to run applications such as netflix, gaming, etc., but for a focus on productivity. With that in mind, I wish they would come up with a more compact version that would be more comfortable and convenient to use with one hand on the go (productivity)...like most other blackberry devices pre-android. I'm ok with a smaller viewing area for games and movies, because that's why I have a laptop and an Xbox one. Lol. Anyone else feel this way? Thoughts and opinions?

Posted via CB10
    11-25-17 09:42 AM
    I like "big" screens and that's why I went to Samsung. That said, one finger shorter would make it more balanced. But I wouldn't touch the width. I wonder if a Passport on Android would work.
    11-25-17 02:21 PM
    I like "big" screens and that's why I went to Samsung. That said, one finger shorter would make it more balanced. But I wouldn't touch the width. I wonder if a Passport on Android would work.
    No. Minimum Android requirement is 4:3 height:width.
    11-25-17 03:08 PM
    Find a way to get rid of the navigation buttons and enlarge the screen....how about gestures BlackBerry? And if not, simply put physical buttons instead! These capacitive navigation buttons are not tactile, to say the least...
    11-25-17 03:42 PM
    Nope. size is perfect. just need mall screen space for next one
    11-25-17 04:23 PM
    I think for us older guys, the screen size is perfect. I already have to increase the font size to read things comfortably. Can’t see how a smaller screen can help with legibility.
    11-25-17 04:58 PM
    I find it to be perfect. But, I have a CB-branded Spigen ring that I won in a contest attached to the back of my case, which makes one-handed operation much easier. I would highly recommend a similar ring or pop-socket to enhance one-handed use. I don't think I'll ever go back. Plus, it does double-duty as a stand when I'm watching Netflix or Crave.
    11-25-17 10:43 PM