Hey, I've noticed that my keyone has been rather slow following the update, especially typing. It's sticking on certain letters and is generally rather sluggish in most aspects. Just wondering if I was the only one experiencing it.
    08-20-18 02:04 AM
    How long has it been since the update? Sometimes after an update especially a major one, your device might need a couple days to settle in.
    08-20-18 09:20 AM
    Hey, I've noticed that my keyone has been rather slow following the update, especially typing. It's sticking on certain letters and is generally rather sluggish in most aspects. Just wondering if I was the only one experiencing it.
    Should be super slick. Contemplate a factory reset. Make sure your apps are updated.
    08-20-18 09:25 AM
    PKB typing got sluggish or less smooth for me as well. Done the no wipe autoloader on my BBB100-2. Apart from the worse typing experience no lags at all. Also, I've noticed that neither the swipe typing nor the 'regular' typing on the VKB are sluggish, both methods are actually very smooth. So I doubt factory reset is the cure as the PKB typing lag doesn't seem to be a system based typing issue (with the VKB typing being absolutely smooth) but rather maybe a question of a somewhat problematic integration of the PKB typing as such into Oreo. Just my 50 cents..
    Last edited by shandy-R2D2; 08-20-18 at 04:38 PM.
    YYCBB likes this.
    08-20-18 04:03 PM
    Overall, my device is performing much better than pre-Oreo update, however I'll play with different typing scenarios to see what's up. I think it may be resources on your end, as I'm on the Black Ed with 4 RAM / 64 Gb, and it's smooth as a Baby's .......
    08-20-18 06:52 PM
    Awesome, thanks! Do you have any recommendations to try to fix that?
    08-20-18 09:04 PM
    Overall, my device is performing much better than pre-Oreo update, however I'll play with different typing scenarios to see what's up. I think it may be resources on your end, as I'm on the Black Ed with 4 RAM / 64 Gb, and it's smooth as a Baby's .......
    I've got a BE one as well....
    08-21-18 12:47 AM
    not rushing to put Oreo on until all the lost features, broken stuff, & such are revealed... I'll live with my nougat KEYᴼᴺᴱ duct taped screen and all since, for the most part, it works well as is...
    08-21-18 02:34 AM
    For me being able to control the PKB backlight intensity beats the somewhat clunky PKB typing input compared to nougat. So all in all I'm OK with the upgrade .
    08-21-18 03:45 AM
    For me being able to control the PKB backlight intensity beats the somewhat clunky PKB typing input compared to nougat. So all in all I'm OK with the upgrade .
    You've updated your keyboard app?

My KEYᵒⁿᵉ pkb performs identically to how it did before.
    08-21-18 08:03 AM
    not rushing to put Oreo on until all the lost features, broken stuff, & such are revealed... I'll live with my nougat KEYᴼᴺᴱ duct taped screen and all since, for the most part, it works well as is...
    Oreo is fantastic on the KEYᵒⁿᵉ. I wouldn't go back if you paid me.
    08-21-18 08:04 AM
    agreed
    08-21-18 08:25 AM
    You've updated your keyboard app?

My KEYᵒⁿᵉ pkb performs identically to how it did before.
    I'm not part of the beta thing so don't know whether I've got the latest version available, the one I have is the latest play store version which is 3.4.0.15917. But it seems to have settled down and now the PKB typing experience seems to be back to normal/what I'm used to. So I guess it was just the phone settling down/indexing its content following the OS upgrade process. All in all, Oreo seems to be a vast improvement fluidity- and battery wise to say the least, I also enjoy and appreciate the feature and functionality improvements and enhancements. Really happy with it. I have never ever done a wipe update/upgrade, always went with the no wipe option and haven't had a single issue with it...remembering the OS10 days I have to say BlackBerry mobile are doing a terrific job with the update/upgrade process!!! So happy for having opted for my KEYᵒⁿᵉ BE
    willyq711 likes this.
    08-21-18 05:30 PM
    5 days later.... Oreo is STILL ROCK'N! Hope this performance gain continues.... nice job BlackBerry Mobile!
    08-22-18 07:29 AM
    BTW, you may also want to do the following:

> goto the setting section for Data use and turn off some of the apps ability to use data in the background; this uses a lot of resources sporadically throughout the day and will slow your phone down; many of these background data processes are not needed, even not wanted (especially those constantly tracking your location....).

> Activate Developer mode and turn off the first two animation settings to "0" and change the third (windows animations...) to "x.5". this will also give you a nice 10-15%+ performance boost.
    08-22-18 07:37 AM