I've read a couple of reviews that claim the phone starts to slow down/ lag after using for a week and they had to restart or close apps in the background to regain the snappiness. IT would appear it's a memory issue..
    Can anyone using this phone for more than a week confirm? I might have to hold off getting one until I see this is really not happening.
    05-05-17 02:30 AM
    I have not noticed this, however I tend to regularly clear my app drawer during the day.
    05-05-17 02:48 AM
    I have mentioned it a few times already.
    The phone starts redrawing every second app.

Rebooting fixes it for me but with my usage style I have to reboot every day. Some people are ok with redraw but for me it's frustrating.

Don't get me wrong, the phone doesn't lag, it's just multitasking and RAM management. I haven't switched off BlackBerry Hub and use the device as without any BlackBerry goodies to see if it improves.
    05-05-17 02:52 AM
    Hope this is not a stupid question, but what does it mean that the phone redraws an app. And how do you know if a phone is doing this?

Thanks
    05-05-17 03:03 AM
    Hope this is not a stupid question, but what does it mean that the phone redraws an app. And how do you know if a phone is doing this?

Thanks
    You just switch between apps and find that some apps starts reloading.

YouTube RAM management on Android and you'll figure out the behaviour related to it.
    Baerli Baer likes this.
    05-05-17 03:20 AM
    I don't get or understand this either. What is redraw or reloading? The app is either open and paused waiting in the background or closed, no?

A video showing the issue would really help out in cases like this. Link?
    05-05-17 06:19 AM
    Okay, what exactly is this app redrawing? Do the apps load into RAM without being used? Do they stay in RAM if you open many apps and don't bother shutting them down properly? Is this an issue a person, who always shuts the app down after using it, would encounter?
    05-05-17 06:21 AM
    I don't get or understand this either. What is redraw or reloading? The app is either open and paused waiting in the background or closed, no?

A video showing the issue would really help out in cases like this. Link?
    Check this video

See from 4:00 to know what is redraw. The test done by the guy was more extreme than my usage but Chrome does do that and you can imagine what nuisance it can be.
    05-05-17 06:30 AM
    I have created another thread on Nova Launcher and my findings. It has improved the performance by a lot.

/blackberry-keyone-f445/nova-launcher-keyone-1107348/
    05-05-17 06:33 AM
    I've read a couple of reviews that claim the phone starts to slow down/ lag after using for a week and they had to restart or close apps in the background to regain the snappiness. IT would appear it's a memory issue..
    Can anyone using this phone for more than a week confirm? I might have to hold off getting one until I see this is really not happening.
    Turn on or off. Up to you.

Go to the Device Settings

Tap "Apps"

On the top right, tap the gear icon

Under Advanced, chose "Draw over other apps"

Toggle "Permit drawing over other apps" to ON or Off
    05-05-17 06:44 AM
    It only lags when games and multimedia are being used in. More than one window. However normal apps won't lag. With Android it's always better to manually close all open apps periodically as they don't close by themselves. That may cause lagging. But for email use and document management in productivity situations will not cause device to lag. Lastly everyone's use is so different so it may be challenging to get a subjective user opinion over usage, keep that in mind.
    05-05-17 06:46 AM
    Check this video

See from 4:00 to know what is redraw.
    Thank you. So the apps are basically shut down and need to be fully opened again.

This is very disconcerting but as long as all the KEYone app switching is quite a bit faster than my current Classic task switching, I'll be happy.
    05-05-17 07:01 AM
    Thank you. So the apps are basically shut down and need to be fully opened again.

This is very disconcerting but as long as all the KEYone app switching is quite a bit faster than my current Classic task switching, I'll be happy.
    Overall phone is pretty sweet. I love it. I personally think BlackBerry will tweak it and improve it.
    It's good that the reviews are mainly positive since they can really put a bad impression on consumers.

Hardly anyone revisit their original review (exceptions like Mr Mobile). So the damage would had already been done if the initial reviews were negative.
    05-05-17 07:18 AM
    the lag for the lack of the extra GB (3 vs 4) has been my fear with the specs in this phone... using a DTEK60 with 4 GB i see zero lag... however, on my PRIV (3 GB) i remember the phone lagging here and there... this is unfortunate because i raised this concern before and i received replies saying that the processor/ram was optimized to work with 3 GB which i never understood... as always, the lag will change from user to user case, but it would have been nice to see 4 GB in that phone...
    05-05-17 07:52 AM
    the lag for the lack of the extra GB (3 vs 4) has been my fear with the specs in this phone... using a DTEK60 with 4 GB i see zero lag... however, on my PRIV (3 GB) i remember the phone lagging here and there... this is unfortunate because i raised this concern before and i received replies saying that the processor/ram was optimized to work with 3 GB which i never understood... as always, the lag will change from user to user case, but it would have been nice to see 4 GB in that phone...
    Same experience and why I suggested in another thread, that the Keyone should have come with 4GB.
    05-05-17 09:47 AM
    Turn on or off. Up to you.

Go to the Device Settings

Tap "Apps"

On the top right, tap the gear icon

Under Advanced, chose "Draw over other apps"

Toggle "Permit drawing over other apps" to ON or Off
    What exactly would this do, in layman terms?

I don't have too much experience with Android, but with BB10, I'm pretty used to closing down an app when I'm done with it, so I'm not sure if this will be a big deal for me or not. Typically, I only minimize an app and leave it running if I get interrupted with a message or need to quickly look something up online, before going back to it.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-17 09:50 AM