Anyone experience any issues with the keyone GPS is slow to update your location ? I have a bank credit/debit that has a app that let's you control your card. Like set daily spending amounts turn the card on or off. And if my card is stolen and its not near my phone the card will not work.
    So now when I go use my card the phones GPS is saying I'm in a different location then where I'm using my credit card.
    I don't know how long it takes the GPS will catch up but by that time I have to pay with another card.
    I have contacted Blackberry and they're looking into this. The bank are the ones that discovered the problem. I have two other phones iPhone and gs7 edge this doesn't happen.
    06-10-17 01:32 PM
    Do you have the GPS location set to high accuracy?
    06-10-17 01:51 PM
    06-10-17 02:11 PM
    Keep in mind that GPS location requires line of sight communication with multiple satellites. Fewer satellite connections results in lower accuracy.
    06-10-17 02:21 PM
    so that means if I'm driving with my keyone phone and I stop to get gas I will not be able to get gas or use my debit card until the satellite finds me? I have never experienced this on my other phones. The only way I can use my card is to turn that security feature off. If someone stole my credit card it can be used anywhere in the state now
    06-10-17 02:33 PM
    If the GPS is slow to update what does that mean for fitness apps ?
    What if you take a photo and the GPS location says the photos were taken a mile or 2 away from where you are would it be a problem then ?
    06-10-17 02:38 PM
    You didn't mention what app you are using to show your GPS location.
    06-10-17 03:27 PM
    The bank is Arizona Federal Credit Union the app is called card power made by the bank
    06-10-17 04:27 PM
    The bank is Arizona Federal Credit Union the app is called card power made by the bank
    I looked up some information about the CardPower App for the Arizona Federal Credit Union. I don't see any mention of GPS. It says, "Simply define a region on a map or require your card and smartphone to be within the same vicinity. When you’re outside the specified region or your phone isn’t nearby, your card will automatically shut off, deterring potential fraudsters."

It refers to "vicinity" not "location". While your phone can provide accurate GPS location, it appears that your card can only provide an approximate location, even if they call it a "GPS card".
    06-10-17 08:16 PM
    I looked up some information about the CardPower App for the Arizona Federal Credit Union. I don't see any mention of GPS. It says, "Simply define a region on a map or require your card and smartphone to be within the same vicinity. When you’re outside the specified region or your phone isn’t nearby, your card will automatically shut off, deterring potential fraudsters."

It refers to "vicinity" not "location". While your phone can provide accurate GPS location, it appears that your card can only provide an approximate location, even if they call it a "GPS card".
    Didn't he said his other phone worked?
    06-10-17 08:20 PM
    If the GPS is slow to update what does that mean for fitness apps ?
    What if you take a photo and the GPS location says the photos were taken a mile or 2 away from where you are would it be a problem then ?
    When you open Google Maps does it show your location correctly?
    06-10-17 08:53 PM
    yes you are correct but the app and the card location needs to match or my card doesn't work it uses the phone GPS.
    So if I'm driving and I stop at a store and try to use the card it will not work. If I stay in that area for a period of time it will work again
    This only happens with the keyone I have other phones that I use the app with and they work 100% of the time.
    The bank said the GPS location is slow to update my location so I turned that feature off and now my android pay work nfc and my credit card works now. But it's a security risk having it turned off.
    And my nfc android pay doesn't work when this happens
    06-10-17 09:56 PM
    I ended up turning off the location feature off in the app and now android pay work and my card works
    06-10-17 09:59 PM
    I'm wondering if this is a Nougat issue. The Android Arizona Federal app hasn't been updated since April 2016 My iPad says the IOS app was last updated in September 2016.
    06-10-17 10:16 PM
    I ended up turning off the location feature off in the app and now android pay work and my card works
    06-10-17 10:41 PM
    When I drive to work on Monday as soon as I get out of the car I will check my location
    06-10-17 10:43 PM
    My Galaxy S7 Edge has nougat and it works fine
    06-10-17 10:46 PM
    The card power app is the one that uses that feature it's a separate app from the other bank app
    06-10-17 10:48 PM
    It's a GPS chip location issue I think it's the 625 chip trying to save battery and it update your location not as often because it's trying to save on battery .just a guess maybe every 30 minutes vers every 5 or 10 minutes like other phones.
    06-10-17 10:55 PM
    I can't say in line that long waiting for it to update my location a matter of fact I don't know how long it takes to do that. But I do know when I get off work and I'm go to the gas station next door it works and android pay work . But when I drive to work in the morning and stop at burger King a mile from work it doesn't work. And stop off work and walk over to the gas station it still doesn't work. But it will when I get off at 3:00pm
    06-10-17 11:03 PM
    It's a GPS chip location issue I think it's the 625 chip trying to save battery and it update your location not as often because it's trying to save on battery .just a guess maybe every 30 minutes vers every 5 or 10 minutes like other phones.
    And Google Maps doesn't update your location either?
    06-10-17 11:11 PM
    Usually, all newer apps use Android's "Fused Location Provider". That one is contained in the Google Play services and keeps track of where you are using mobile towers, WiFi IDs, Bluetooth beacons - and once in a while GPS.

If that one works, apps should get access to your location in a second.

The only problem I know of is with relocated WiFi hotspots. E.g. train company moved a hotspot from City1 to City2 (because hardware got repaired in the meantime) and when there's no other location source nearby, your phone might assume you're in City1 instead of City2.
    BB-JAM215 likes this.
    06-11-17 06:23 AM
    ...The only problem I know of is with relocated WiFi hotspots. E.g. train company moved a hotspot from City1 to City2 (because hardware got repaired in the meantime) and when there's no other location source nearby, your phone might assume you're in City1 instead of City2.
    The erroneous location database issue wouldn't explain why the other phones he's used don't show a wrong location.
    06-11-17 10:46 AM
    Sounds like the KeyOne has the same gps issues as the Priv
    06-21-17 03:12 AM