Is it just my KeyOne or are they all unbearably slow?? I easily outpace the device moving from one app to the next. Open an email, check a text message for some relevant info to respond to the email, switch back to the email to reply, and the KeyOne can't keep up.

Any thoughts to get this device to keep pace?
    chrisfcarp likes this.
    04-17-18 01:56 PM
    Android is slow. Period.
    Hulk123 likes this.
    04-17-18 02:08 PM
    My keyone runs smoothly have never had an issue with speed
    04-17-18 02:10 PM
    Android is slow. Period.
    Just, no.
    anon(10443945) likes this.
    04-17-18 02:27 PM
    Just, no.
    Concur that...
    anon(10443945) likes this.
    04-17-18 02:29 PM
    Is it just my KeyOne or are they all unbearably slow?? I easily outpace the device moving from one app to the next. Open an email, check a text message for some relevant info to respond to the email, switch back to the email to reply, and the KeyOne can't keep up.

You personally outpace your phone? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Change the three animation speeds in developer options to 0.5x.
    Carjackd likes this.
    04-17-18 02:29 PM
    Android is slow. Period.
    Can you not?
    04-17-18 02:31 PM

Have you ever cleared your cached data? Settings, storage, click on internal then on cached data and clear it. Reboot. That should help.
    04-17-18 02:48 PM
    I'm guessing you're using the silver KEYone with animations at 1x and at least 1gb of cache still there?

If what the above posters suggest helps but apps reload too much, I'd consider selling the silver and getting a black edition for that extra 1gb of RAM.
    04-17-18 03:10 PM
    I changed the animation speeds about a week ago. And, I continually keep my cache clear. I reboot daily (sometimes because the K1 hangs up in an app and sometimes just to keep it fresh).

can't switch to the black one, I'm corporate on Verizon.

any other thoughts?
    04-17-18 04:04 PM
    I changed the animation speeds about a week ago. And, I continually keep my cache clear. I reboot daily (sometimes because the K1 hangs up in an app and sometimes just to keep it fresh).

can't switch to the black one, I'm corporate on Verizon.

any other thoughts?
    Wipe and start fresh or maybe look for offending apps. Apps like anti virus or cache cleaners are the worst. And some screen saver and wallpaper apps.
    04-17-18 04:06 PM
    I'm trying to pinpoint what app update just put the brakes on my phone right now. Something that updated in the last 48 hours had made it useless at times. Hangs on many apps. I've hard reset and cleared cache and it was humming along after the last update, so I'm betting it is an app update that caused my problem.
    Last edited by bcfour; 04-17-18 at 04:21 PM. Reason: Typo
    04-17-18 04:20 PM
    I'm trying to pinpoint what app update just put the brakes on my phone right now. Something that updated in the last 48 hours had made it useless at times. Hangs on many apps. I've hard reset and cleared cache and it was humming along after the last update, so I'm betting it is an app update that caused my problem.
    Google play should show you under my apps and games and updates. It will show when apps updated recently.
    04-17-18 09:21 PM
    I turned off all 3 settings in Dev options, Window/Transition/Animator

Much faster now, is there any side effects ?
    04-18-18 05:12 AM
    I turned off all 3 settings in Dev options, Window/Transition/Animator

Much faster now, is there any side effects ?
    Some say the little green pop-up asking you if you want to use regular charging or boost mode doesn't appear anymore if you turn those animations off completely. That's why most recommend to just turn all 3 of them down to 0.5x. The phone still flies.
    04-18-18 05:15 AM
    I find the HUB widget in the quick menu causes my KEYᵒⁿᵉ to slow down and sometimes be unresponsive for over a minute. I turned the whole thing off.

Also, the regular Facebook app is a resource hog so I would suggest an alternative. I use Facebook Lite.
    04-18-18 06:19 AM
    I deleted all widgets from the quick menu and restarted. runs like butter now.
    04-18-18 06:21 AM
    Mine hangs from time to time. Usually when I'm doing Google Maps / Searches and switching back to my messaging apps. Textra, WeChat, BBM..etc.
    04-18-18 07:54 AM
    Turning off hub helped for me.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-18 09:22 AM
    Android is slow. Period.
    No
    04-18-18 10:04 AM
    The KeyOne is not slow and works just fine. Unless I perform heavy multitasking even the 3GB version is just fine. If you want help I suggest you tell us in details and list exactly what you are doing with what app and when. Otherwise helping you will most likely be reinstall Android etc. For a more specific solution we need details. To the point.
    04-18-18 10:29 AM
    Yup, that was my experience as well.

It would hang while trying to unlock or run other programs, etc.
    04-18-18 10:36 AM
    What's the "quick menu" ?
    04-18-18 10:39 AM
    it's the tab that hangs out on the right of your screen edge that, when you swipe it to the left, it opens and gives you quick peeks at your calendar, tasks, emails, widgets etc
    04-18-18 10:42 AM
    Productivity Tab
    it's the tab that hangs out on the right of your screen edge that, when you swipe it to the left, it opens and gives you quick peeks at your calendar, tasks, emails, widgets etc
    bigjman likes this.
    04-18-18 11:05 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD