thought this is interesting especially the spec and price point..
    Attached Thumbnails slide out landscape keyboard, anyone?-476.jpg  
    anon(10218918) likes this.
    03-03-19 11:52 PM
    thought this is interesting especially the spec and price point..
    Attached Thumbnails slide out landscape keyboard, anyone?-475.jpg  
    03-04-19 12:01 AM
    03-04-19 05:45 AM
    Landscape keyboard.. Its something! I Wonder how the typing experience would be! However shout out to them for the Bold move..
    03-04-19 06:59 AM
    The keys closest to the screen will be the most difficult to use. Have used the at&t torch and the (windows?) Titan (I think - the one with the landscape slide-out keyboard)
    03-09-19 08:34 PM
    That beast is .7 pounds - 65% heavier than either the Priv or the Passport. Have fun.
    TX3 likes this.
    03-09-19 09:48 PM
    I would like a slider in portrait format... the Priv afforded more screen real-estate than the key series in what was a surprisingly thin and lightweight device... it also felt more balanced when open than I had anticipated. if it were not for the QI charge receiver built into it, my Priv would be dead...
    03-10-19 11:40 AM
    Let them do a portrait type iteration, and many might bite...
    03-10-19 11:41 AM
    No single thumb joy on landscape. Lol.

My biggest complaint with all sliders to date, afaik, is that the keyboad is useless while hidden behind the display. No good for PKB shortcuts. Also makes for a TALL handset while typing. Imo.

Perfect, imo, would be portrait slider that retracts PKB in FRONT of the lower portion of display. That config would preserve 100% PKB shortcut availability. Also most compact balance while typing. KB could then be extended to permit full view of display, when wanted. ??

An un-apologetic "Blackberry attitude", imo. Lol.

"Steve's dream"...??? Fwiw... Lol.
    03-11-19 06:03 AM
    PKB in front would erase any buyers who would get it just ignoring the PKB mostly... Priv was able to attract slab people to a small extent... sadly the innards were slop
    03-11-19 10:37 AM
    Looking for a way to update my Smith Corona to allow for use with android.
    03-11-19 05:12 PM
    No single thumb joy on landscape. Lol.

My biggest complaint with all sliders to date, afaik, is that the keyboad is useless while hidden behind the display. No good for PKB shortcuts. Also makes for a TALL handset while typing. Imo.

Perfect, imo, would be portrait slider that retracts PKB in FRONT of the lower portion of display. That config would preserve 100% PKB shortcut availability. Also most compact balance while typing. KB could then be extended to permit full view of display, when wanted. ??

An un-apologetic "Blackberry attitude", imo. Lol.

"Steve's dream"...??? Fwiw... Lol.
    how to achieve that, retract the pkb at the front? even if they could achieve that, you'd have the lower portion of the display blocked by the pkb unless the os can detect the pkb in front and adjust the display accordingly..
    03-11-19 08:47 PM
    how to achieve that, retract the pkb at the front? even if they could achieve that, you'd have the lower portion of the display blocked by the pkb unless the os can detect the pkb in front and adjust the display accordingly..
    Well, the S8+ below obviously senses when that removable KB is in position and alters display accordingly... ? That landscape KB slider also implements KB position feedback to the OS.

Matching up a quality KB that BB is master of, with a quality slider mechanism looks possible, to me. ???

Again, the advantage would be to attract candy bar PKB enthusiasts who are otherwise disinterested in conventional sliders for poor balance while typing and also lack of PKB shortcut readiness. Just a silly dream. Fwiw. Lol.
    Attached Thumbnails slide out landscape keyboard, anyone?-71ampwbjzul._ac_sl1500_.jpg   slide out landscape keyboard, anyone?-ej-cg950b_002_set_black_040417.jpg  
    03-12-19 12:58 AM
    Well, the S8+ below obviously senses when that removable KB is in position and alters display accordingly... ? That landscape KB slider also implements KB position feedback to the OS.

Matching up a quality KB that BB is master of, with a quality slider mechanism looks possible, to me. ???

Again, the advantage would be to attract candy bar PKB enthusiasts who are otherwise disinterested in conventional sliders for poor balance while typing and also lack of PKB shortcut readiness. Just a silly dream. Fwiw. Lol.
    if they can make a curve display that the retracted pkb can be level with and without distorted the display? and the pkb will have to be thin and strong.. still it will be top heavy...

keep on dreaming.. lol...
    03-12-19 01:06 AM
    if they can make a curve display that the retracted pkb can be level with and without distorted the display? and the pkb will have to be thin and strong.. still it will be top heavy...

keep on dreaming.. lol...
    Haha... dreams can become nightmares, at times. Lol. Just about everything since 9900 could be considered top heavy by "unreasonable purists" like myself. Lol.

One strategy for improving typing COG might be to implement K series display and let retracted KB obscure the bottom of that. K's display is roughly the same length as an entire 9900. Which means retracted dimensions of a front slider based on K display might approximate 9900's compact dimensions. AND the exquisite typing experience that model's revered for. The resulting unobscured portion of display would be pretty tiny so a trackpad added to the KB might mitigate GUI frustrations inherent in tiny displays. ??

Extended dimensions should then approximate our K's.

Someone wake me! Lol.
    03-12-19 01:31 AM