I currently have a Dtek60 as my daily driver, but miss the pkb. Is it worth the extra dollars if I only plan to use the Keyone for communication (mainly text, the occasional call, emails and a fair amount web browsing) or will the Silver be sufficient? The Silver is at a good price right now but I was hoping for a bit of feedback before I buy it. Thanks in advance :-)
    12-17-17 11:30 AM
    I had a silver and sent it back as it lagged too much.
    having said that the black regularly freezes and lags too so unless the latest update sorts that I'm likely going to sell the black and go back to a non pkb phone.
    so far I'm underwhelmed which is a shame!

But to answer your question ,the black is significantly quicker than the siver
    12-17-17 11:45 AM
    I currently have a Dtek60 as my daily driver, but miss the pkb. Is it worth the extra dollars if I only plan to use the Keyone for communication (mainly text, the occasional call, emails and a fair amount web browsing) or will the Silver be sufficient? The Silver is at a good price right now but I was hoping for a bit of feedback before I buy it. Thanks in advance :-)
    Depends on the user. The Mr Mobile review indicated that he didnt see a noticeable difference in the silver and black. Silver does the job. The only time I experience lag is with Android Auto. Other than that, no major issues. I don't play games on my phone so I can't say how it's like for gaming purposes.
    Last edited by pgg101; 12-17-17 at 04:12 PM.
    BigAl_BB9900 and tnewton3 like this.
    12-17-17 12:00 PM
    I had the silver from launch until November when I got the black edition. to me, the black is quicker and lags less in things like going between menus and virtual keyboard stuff, but I don't play any games with intense graphics on either phone that would make me notice anything different in that way.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    12-17-17 12:21 PM
    I love my keyone just right for me and same use you mentioned
    12-17-17 12:40 PM
    I had a Silver, traded it for a Black.

The Black is definitely faster, and I like that the notification light which I rely on heavily, contrasts better against the black. With the silver it was kind of washed out.

Last but not least, the Black just looks waaaaay cooler and classier.
    ch1nchilla likes this.
    12-17-17 02:31 PM
    I had a Silver, traded it for a Black.

The Black is definitely faster, and I like that the notification light which I rely on heavily, contrasts better against the black. With the silver it was kind of washed out.

Last but not least, the Black just looks waaaaay cooler and classier.
    +1

I had both, the Black Edition never lags for me whereas with the Silver, I had to do a reboot daily to make the lag less worse than it already was.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    12-17-17 03:22 PM
    My day one edition silver is blisteringly quick. Did take some tweaking to get there mind you, but still, the phone never misses a beat.

I get the feeling a lot of black edition owners like to talk down the silver so as to justify their purchase.

The black edition is the better phone no doubt, but bearing in mind the keytwo will be released next year, a keenly priced Silver edition might be the right choice.
    Last edited by Mercuryuser; 12-17-17 at 04:17 PM.
    12-17-17 03:55 PM
    Agreed. I have used both the silver and black edition. No difference performance wise as far as I could tell.
    12-17-17 06:19 PM
    My day one edition silver is blisteringly quick. Did take some tweaking to get there mind you, but still, the phone never misses a beat.

I get the feeling a lot of black edition owners like to talk down the silver so as to justify their purchase.

The black edition is the better phone no doubt, but bearing in mind the keytwo will be released next year, a keenly priced Silver edition might be the right choice.

I had the 2 side by side and performed the same tasks, the black was quicker.

definitely worth the price upgrade in my eyes for the reasons I mentioned earlier in this thread.

No buyers remorse, here, when the K2 comes out, i'll likely pick that up too. keep moving BB, you have a lifetime fan here.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    12-18-17 05:56 AM

well I went for the Black K1 just because of more horse power under the hood!
    Mine lags at times but cleaning the Cache every few days and closing apps keeps it humming right along!

I dont need to justify my purchase to you or anyone its all what you want to buy and spend!

"no replacement for displacement" V8 vs 4 or 6 cylinder engine V8 will always win when you need the extra power
    12-18-17 10:56 AM
    [QUOTE=Mercuryuser;13095463]My day one edition silver is blisteringly quick. Did take some tweaking to get there mind you, but still, the phone never misses a beat.

Mercuryuser -- your mention of "tweaking" tweaked my interest. I have a day one edition silver too and I'd be interested in knowing what you did that sped up your phone. I have no complaints; I'm just interested to learn what my options are.
    FF22 likes this.
    12-18-17 11:35 AM
    Tweaking is probably developer options and tuning down animations, weekly or more often clearing of cache. I also would bring app switcher clear all, and reboot.
    12-18-17 12:25 PM
    [QUOTE=JJBBgreat;13096052]

Mercuryuser -- your mention of "tweaking" tweaked my interest. I have a day one edition silver too and I'd be interested in knowing what you did that sped up your phone. I have no complaints; I'm just interested to learn what my options are.
    the biggest tweak was to install nova launcher pro. U lose direct keyboard shortcuts but in my opinion u gain far more. U retain keyboard searches still so when u press "H" for example it acts like the universal search which in some ways is better.

The launcher itself is naturally lighter than BB launcher but when u start tweaking animations it comes into its own.

I disable or remove all unused apps .

I remove app notifications

Use keyboard browser

Get rid of the productivity tab.

I'm go light on apps.

I use swipe gestures which are built into nova launcher

Very simple really. I tried to go back to BB launcher but couldn't.
    12-18-17 12:30 PM
    I'd say 100% go for the Black Edition, unless you absolutely love the silver color choice.

The difference in price seems quite minimal for what you get: An extra 1Gb RAM + twice the on-board storage. And like someone mentioned above, the LED notification light looks better with the black frame surrounding it. Much more "BB" like.

That said, as far as color goes, skinomi makes a few different color skins for the KEYone such as Carbon black, Silver, Dark wood, light wood and even pink.
    12-20-17 06:12 AM
    If you are using the device for communication and simple Web browsing you are going to be just fine with the silver edition. If you are a heavy Google maps user then it might be worth looking at the black edition. I've had the CDMA from Best Buy in the USA and absolutely love it. Rarely have any issues and don't experience lag. Heavy business user, occasional maps user, all good here.
    FF22 likes this.
    12-20-17 08:32 AM
    From my experience the black edition has been a snappier device. No lag whatsoever. My silver edition would struggle sometimes; at times this was random.
    12-20-17 09:24 AM
    I only notice a difference when using Android Auto.
    The rest is working great, also on the Silver.
    12-20-17 09:25 AM
    what about reception? is one better than the other?
    12-20-17 08:47 PM