had the silver for some months now, and just bought the black edition last week. I haven't noticed any improvements at all over speed between the 2 models at all (though I don't ever have a heap of apps running in the background anyway)

but the look of the silver just catches my eye so much more. I think if the black had silver frets between the keys like the silver, it would look much better, and break the black up a little. I like the silver sides, but prefer the black top..

so its a pretty hard choice, any of those who have both, how many of you have decided to go back to silver?
    Mrs Teapot likes this.
    11-05-17 04:36 PM
    Initially before the KEYone was released I was was thinking how stealthy the all black would look...and it does, but there is something about the black and silver combination that's an eye catcher.
    texn884 likes this.
    11-05-17 05:01 PM
    I agree with you both. My finger is 'resting on the Black trigger' for awhile now and I can't seem to be pulling it for specs alone since I too think that there is something 'classy, luxurious, elite' in the silver more so than the black.

To put it differently, I have a feeling I will be getting more 'looks of wonder' with the silver than I will ever be getting with the black....not that I am looking for looks, just talking about visual attraction.

By the way, I am in China at the moment and looked into getting a Black version here; the official site also offers the silver with 4GB. It could be a typo; who knows...?
    Fred Wu likes this.
    11-05-17 05:31 PM
    had the silver for some months now, and just bought the black edition last week. I haven't noticed any improvements at all over speed between the 2 models at all (though I don't ever have a heap of apps running in the background anyway)

but the look of the silver just catches my eye so much more. I think if the black had silver frets between the keys like the silver, it would look much better, and break the black up a little. I like the silver sides, but prefer the black top..

so its a pretty hard choice, any of those who have both, how many of you have decided to go back to silver?
    I'm deciding to get a keyone and tbh, the more I look at both phones, the less ' special' the black one looks. I agree, if they just made the frets silver, it would be better looking.
    You say that there is hardly speed difference between the 2 phones, I thank you for that. I'm probably getting the silver one because it's 100 euro's cheaper in the Netherlands.
    Nonetheless, they both look very awesome!
    11-07-17 06:07 AM
    I'm just going to buy black. I had silver but I want more RAM.
    So do you think that such a phone can serve two years of use?
    I have the iPhone 8 Plus to choose and muddle in the head.
    In general, does black have a better chance of doing better with RAM?
    11-07-17 06:49 AM
    I'm just going to buy black. I had silver but I want more RAM.
    So do you think that such a phone can serve two years of use?
    I have the iPhone 8 Plus to choose and muddle in the head.
    In general, does black have a better chance of doing better with RAM?
    Yes I had the silver and it lagged when I opened a few apps to the point where it became frustrating. Now I have the black and I think it looks way better and stealthy like the old BlackBerry Bold days and I never have any lag issues thanks to the extra 1 GB of RAM it DOES make a difference, also don't forget the Black Edition has 64 GB of inboard strafe vs 32 GB for the silver one
    11-07-17 07:08 AM
    Happily running the silver edition but I have no choice to buy/activate a black version on Verizon. I love my device and I run a case on my KEYᵒⁿᵉ so not a huge deal for me. I've heard the performance is not noticeable when you compare them.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-07-17 08:09 AM
    If I were more daring I'd buy a Black Edition and swap the frets with the Silver one. Then sell the silver one with black frets.

While the whole argument of which between the silver and black looks better, I'd sacrifice the 1gb RAM + 32gb for this

https://www.axiomtelecom.com/blackbe...25965-cat.html
    11-07-17 09:30 AM
    If they made the silver with the 4/64 I would of got that but I got the Black Edition and loving it got mine off ebay for 598 had it for 2 weeks now and that extra gig of ram makes it supeior
    11-07-17 10:28 AM
    To be perfectly honest, the silver OG KEYone looks like it's been cobbled together from 2 or 3 different devices to me and has never appealed to me on looks alone. I've never really been someone who uses a device or bases their purchase decisions purely on the looks but if I had to choose between the silver and black, it would be the black that wins every-time, it just looks like a more complete and uniform device to me but then I don't intend to buy either one.
    Snappy Phoenix likes this.
    11-07-17 10:56 AM
    Is there really no performance difference? I'm thinking of getting a KEYone. Silver is 100 euro cheaper, but I have the feeling the Black edition is better future proof. do you think it makes any difference?
    11-08-17 02:39 PM
    Is there really no performance difference? I'm thinking of getting a KEYone. Silver is 100 euro cheaper, but I have the feeling the Black edition is better future proof. do you think it makes any difference?
    I have both and as much as I love both, I literally have had no performance difference.

Something interesting here - with the same apps running, I ran an average of 2.5 gb of ram being used with silver and 3.1 gb of ram being used with black. I'd love to hear an explanation of this.
    11-08-17 03:15 PM
    I have both and as much as I love both, I literally have had no performance difference.

Something interesting here - with the same apps running, I ran an average of 2.5 gb of ram being used with silver and 3.1 gb of ram being used with black. I'd love to hear an explanation of this.
    And battery life?
    11-08-17 04:31 PM
    Want to trade? I have silver perfect condition!
    11-10-17 04:03 PM
    I really don't like the black spots on the top rail of the silver version. They are of a different size and it looks like someone just by accident pushed two holes into that top rail not taking care of alignment, etc. at all. The Passport has black openings as well but smaller. I would hope that on the KeyOne black version those holes for front camera, etc. are less noticeable. Can someone with a black version confirm?
    11-11-17 03:12 AM
    I really don't like the black spots on the top rail of the silver version. They are of a different size and it looks like someone just by accident pushed two holes into that top rail not taking care of alignment, etc. at all. The Passport has black openings as well but smaller. I would hope that on the KeyOne black version those holes for front camera, etc. are less noticeable. Can someone with a black version confirm?
    With the black edition, it makes it less noticeable. I don't even think about the camera and speaker holes when I look at my phone.

If I had the silver version, It would be more noticeable to me and maybe it would bother me a bit. Wouldn't be a biggie though.
    11-11-17 12:08 PM
    Hey asymmetry makes the Millennium Falcon beautiful ok? Lol
    11-11-17 12:09 PM

I don't know if I can use the PRIV as an example but when I had my PRIV, I was running 2.8gb of ram out of 3gb pretty frequently. It would lag at times and make it Unusable on other times.

Now that I have the black edition keyone, I am running the same amount of memory but with the extra gig of ram, everything has been butter smooth. I would say that the extra ram does make a difference. Makes sense honestly.
    11-11-17 12:11 PM