Just plain forgot I put it there. Was changing for the drive home after a mountain bike ride and sat the phone on the hood and then my dumbass just left it there. It's working fine but that made me decide to break out my Priv to make sure it was still ok in case there's an issue with the Keyone that hasn't shown up yet.
    Glad you got it working and no real damage. As for the priv I just got one on the bay before Xmas and love using this slider over the K2.

Posted via my beautiful priv
    01-01-20 03:14 PM
    I've just picked up a brand new Keyone silver having gone from it, to a key 2, to an iPhone X to BlackBerry keyone black edition to Note 10, to BlackBerry classic (too slow now) and now back to keyone silver. The silver keyone even with 3GB ram still holds its own against all the above. I like the classier look on the silver over the black edition and think I'll stay with this now until hopefully the key 3 comes out. I also agree that the keyone feels more premium than the key 2. Key 2 was too light for my liking.
    01-02-20 06:22 PM
    My Priv taught me everything I needed to know about 3GB RAM in an android phone. Never again.
    the_boon likes this.
    01-03-20 04:26 AM
    Glad I’m not the only one who feels key2 is too light to hold. I have gone from Q10 to Sony, to Note, to iPhone , to Note to Key2 and back to IPhone but feel itchy to get a keyone silver edition for its premium look
    01-03-20 07:35 AM
    no it is not silly at all
    01-04-20 03:40 AM
    My Priv taught me everything I needed to know about 3GB RAM in an android phone. Never again.
    I never had issue with 3GB in my DTEK50. But I don't game and nor did I or do I leave much if anything running in the background. I personally think anything over 4 is overkill in these devices. All the speed tests I have seen, to me, are silly and far removed from how I and I believe most people use their mobile smartphones. That said I did purchase the Black Edition Blackberry KeyOne. Its been excellent for my needs.
    01-04-20 10:43 AM
    Get the Black Edition. Trust me, the extra gig of ram is a big difference.
    the_boon likes this.
    01-05-20 11:26 PM
    Yup, get the black edition. It makes all the difference in the usage and fluidity. I actually owned a silver edition but got rid of it to get a black edition from all the lag that made the 3gb Keyone unusable for me. But I have no complaints on the 4gb Keyone.
    01-06-20 09:23 PM
    Hi All

I have been using IOS ecosystem for a long time. Just last week, i bought a key2 on Friday but after using it for one day i decided to sell it and it is now sold. Reason was the phone feels too flimsy and the typing wasn’t easy with the soft keys. Now I am thinking if I should pick up a good condition keyone silver for around 68USD but without box and accessories, am I silly to sell the higher specs key2 for a 3GB RAM 32GB keyone just because for the more premium look?

P.S. I will be continue using the iphone as the main driver, they keyone would be as a secondary phone.

Any advice is appreicated.

Cheers
    Make sure you get the latest build with better adhesive on the screen
    01-07-20 01:45 AM
    Make sure you get the latest build with better adhesive on the screen
    All Black KEYone's have the better adhesive.

There's no reason to get a silver
    chain13 likes this.
    01-07-20 08:27 AM
    As for the 3GB vs. 4GB RAM, it really depends how you use your phone. My AT&T Space Black KEYone with 3GB works great 99% of the time for me, but needs an occasional clearing of app caches and restart like every bother Android phone.

From the screen of my trusty Z10 using the exceptional BlackBerry VKB.
    Last edited by bb10adopter111; 01-07-20 at 10:33 AM.
    01-07-20 08:34 AM
    As for the 3GB vs. 4GB RAM, it really depends how you use your phone. My AT&T Space Black KEYone with 3GB works great 99% of the time for me, but needs an occasional clearing of app caches and restart like every bother Android phone.

Add a work account from employer MDM. It would change your mind.
    01-07-20 06:01 PM
    Pfft - real scenarios only please

Who uses a BlackBerry or BlackBerry licensed hardware in an Enterprise setting??? As if that was ever a target market...
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    01-07-20 06:20 PM
    I actually have TWO work profiles (One Google Android for Work from my company's G Suite service and one Microsoft one.) All in all I have 5 different accounts that include email, calendar, contacts, tasks, notes, and Cloud drives.

I also run Slack with a moderately busy feed and MS Teams with light traffic.

But I do keep location services and Web and App activity turned off, and I only rarely have multiple tabs open in my browser, which also denies most cookies and scripts, so that probably helps.

So I think it depends on the particular MDM solution.

01-07-20 07:31 PM
    I actually have TWO work profiles (One Google Android for Work from my company's G Suite service and one Microsoft one.) All in all I have 5 different accounts that include email, calendar, contacts, tasks, notes, and Cloud drives.

I also run Slack with a moderately busy feed and MS Teams with light traffic.

But I do keep location services and Web and App activity turned off, and I only rarely have multiple tabs open in my browser, which also denies most cookies and scripts, so that probably helps.

So I think it depends on the particular MDM solution.

Mine has killed my phone. Glad yours are working.
    01-07-20 07:42 PM
    Pfft - real scenarios only please

Who uses a BlackBerry or BlackBerry licensed hardware in an Enterprise setting??? As if that was ever a target market...
    They didn't know--ssshhh. I just downloaded the apps they required!
    01-07-20 07:43 PM
    Mine has killed my phone. Glad yours are working.
    That sucks. Do your coworkers with Android having less than 4GB RAM have similar issues?

chain13 likes this.
    01-07-20 07:49 PM
    That sucks. Do your coworkers with Android having less than 4GB RAM have similar issues?

My wife's Galaxy 6 has been struggling a bit. Not sure about the RAM on that one.
    01-07-20 07:59 PM
    My wife's Galaxy 6 has been struggling a bit. Not sure about the RAM on that one.
    Oh man I can't even imagine the battery life of a Galaxy S6 today.

Probably not even a mobile device anymore lol
    01-07-20 08:44 PM
    Oh man I can't even imagine the battery life of a Galaxy S6 today.

Probably not even a mobile device anymore lol
    Yeah she ia charging all the time.
    01-07-20 08:56 PM
    Yeah she ia charging all the time.
    Perhaps a custom rom would revive it?

Posted via CB10
    01-08-20 05:09 PM
    Perhaps a custom rom would revive it?

Posted via CB10
    She does not have time for me to mess with her phone for a while.

We just use them until they break lol.
    01-08-20 05:11 PM
    thinking if I should pick up a good condition keyone silver
    I recommend it! I'm typing this on my silver 3gb ram KEYone!! It's a phone that, it turned out, I just can't live w/ out. I did try the key2 but honestly (and you and I seem to be in the vast minority w/ this opinion) the design didn't stand out to me as strongly. When the KEYone came out, from the pics to actually holding it in my hands - it blew me away. The key2 makes me feel like it's an earlier gen device (despite the sleeker top, etc) and the lighter weight, the less clicky keys, the more squared off design; it just didn't win me over. I love my KEYone from just about every angle, love the left side power key, the placement of the volume rocker (not too high; Motorola is the worst w/ this tho). It has hiccups here and there but it's nowhere near as bad as my Priv where I've had Google maps load for 40+ sec and then nothing happened lol. Also the camera is good, it's very good and can take impressive shots. Loudspeaker is great, tho headphone audio (for music) isn't excellent. Love the clicky keys (in contrast w/ Priv softer keys). Battery life continues to be strong for me, but it's not reaching the 8+ hrs of screen on time I used to get in the beginning; I still avg around 6-7 tho and have never been able to kill it in a single day (and I've tried! I've done YouT streaming on our main tv while Bluetooth music in the kitchen for hours). I love the navigation buttons and how they're closer to the middle of the phone (and how they don't fully dissapear the way they do on a key2) and it's actually become one of my pet peeves on other phones (my Priv gets away w/ it cuz the speaker is so large at the bottom that it acts like a huge bezel, KEYone is even better tho) and many newer phones give me wrist cramps lol, from the LG v40 to the Note10+, etc. It's def worth owning this phone, and I've been enjoying mine for over 2 years now.
    phuoc and Adam Rees like this.
    01-08-20 08:29 PM

For me, minimum requirement for today is 3GB of ram with Snapdragon 600 variant or relevant. Will be ok for doing office tasks, not sure about multitasking.
    01-09-20 03:06 AM
    For me, minimum requirement for today is 3GB of ram with Snapdragon 600 variant or relevant. Will be ok for doing office tasks, not sure about multitasking.
    For multitasking, I’d suggest 4GB RAM as minimum. I can use my 3GB KEYone fine at introduction but 2 years later I notice difference compared to my 4GB KEYone multitasking.
    chain13 likes this.
    01-09-20 07:56 AM
58 123