Hi All

I have been using IOS ecosystem for a long time. Just last week, i bought a key2 on Friday but after using it for one day i decided to sell it and it is now sold. Reason was the phone feels too flimsy and the typing wasn’t easy with the soft keys. Now I am thinking if I should pick up a good condition keyone silver for around 68USD but without box and accessories, am I silly to sell the higher specs key2 for a 3GB RAM 32GB keyone just because for the more premium look?

P.S. I will be continue using the iphone as the main driver, they keyone would be as a secondary phone.

Any advice is appreicated.

Cheers
    Last edited by desertun; 12-30-19 at 03:43 AM.
    12-30-19 03:28 AM
    As a secondary device I think you would be fine, without security patches I'd limit its use.
    desertun and John Albert like this.
    12-30-19 07:07 AM
    So if I use it for Whatsapp and email technically should be fine without security patches?
    12-30-19 08:13 AM
    It's silly if a Black Edition can be found for not much more money.
    desertun likes this.
    12-30-19 08:18 AM
    it would be silly for me since I already have one...

Titan is on the way to me however...

I am very concerned about the the data mining tool called Adups frequently afflicting phones emanating from certain sources in Asia often utilizing the MediaTek processors. I would like to see a comment from Unihertz directly addressing this issue.

Read this: https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile...re-adups-news/
    conbrio29 likes this.
    12-30-19 08:47 AM
    what does have the titan to do with this thread?

I am using still a black edition of the Keyone and would go for that but as a second phone the Keyone silver edition should be fine.
    desertun likes this.
    12-30-19 08:54 AM
    Thanks all for your reply
    12-30-19 07:44 PM
    Thanks all for your reply
    A member of my family still uses an original batch silver KEYᵒⁿᵉ as a daily driver. Depending on what you do with your phone, it can still be an excellent device.

As others have said, without security patches you have to be extra vigilant (stick with mainstream apps from Play Store only, and stay away from shady websites).

I also agree that, all else being equal, if you can find a black 4GB KEYᵒⁿᵉ for close to the same price, go with that instead.

I'd also take a good look at a KEY² LE if you think you can afford one, as it still receives security patches and is quite a bit faster.
    desertun likes this.
    12-30-19 11:41 PM
    I have not seen a KEY2 LE, myself, but I heard it is lighter in weight than the KEY2. So it might not have the heft you want. (Referring to the suggestion to consider the KEY2 LE) Personally I prefer the KEY2 to the KEYone. ( I have both). But what I don't care for about the KEYone might be what you do like. It is heavier and the keys are stiffer to use than the KEY2. I would go for the black edition though. It has more ram. But the silver one is very cool looking. It is the one I have.
    desertun likes this.
    12-31-19 02:50 AM
    I will look for a keyone black edition, I agree with u all that the black edition has more RAM but then does that additional 1GB RAM make a huge difference in speed? Key2 is very snappy but I didn’t like the plastic feel so I doubt I will like the key2 LE.
    Happy New Year all
    12-31-19 03:01 AM
    I wouldn't buy anything made by TCL. Total junk, my keyone had a failing camera and was slow as hell a month in. Even my windows phone alcatel one had hardware issues with the aux port and camera.
    John Albert likes this.
    12-31-19 07:49 AM
    I wouldn't buy anything made by TCL. Total junk, my keyone had a failing camera and was slow as hell a month in. Even my windows phone alcatel one had hardware issues with the aux port and camera.
    Changing speed is not a hardware issue. It's how you manage Android that controls that. All of my BBMo devices are as fast today as they were on launch day.

Nor have I had any hardware issues that weren't my own doing.
    12-31-19 08:10 AM
    I will look for a keyone black edition, I agree with u all that the black edition has more RAM but then does that additional 1GB RAM make a huge difference in speed? Key2 is very snappy but I didn’t like the plastic feel so I doubt I will like the key2 LE.
    Happy New Year all
    How does the KEY2 have a plastic feel?

It's got an aluminum frame like the KEYone, and the keys are always gonna be plastic.
    12-31-19 06:12 PM
    Changing speed is not a hardware issue. It's how you manage Android that controls that. All of my BBMo devices are as fast today as they were on launch day.

Nor have I had any hardware issues that weren't my own doing.
    When a smartphone is slow ....well is slow. Many users complained about the Keyone with 3 gb. This has nothing to do how you manage Android.
    12-31-19 06:28 PM
    When a smartphone is slow ....well is slow. Many users complained about the Keyone with 3 gb. This has nothing to do how you manage Android.
    It sure does. I have a 3GB KEYᵒⁿᵉ. If you manage the cache properly, you should be fine.
    12-31-19 06:57 PM
    It sure does. I have a 3GB KEYᵒⁿᵉ. If you manage the cache properly, you should be fine.
    And avoid apps that are too demanding or poorly coded
    12-31-19 06:59 PM
    I would go for a black edition 4GB KeyOne. That extra gig makes a difference at this point. :-(
    01-01-20 04:21 AM
    I consider myself an informed user. My K1 has slowed down quite a bit. I can no longer have more than one or two apps open. And it has gotten even worse now that I have been forced to use the work side from my employer.
    01-01-20 11:30 AM
    I consider myself an informed user. My K1 has slowed down quite a bit. I can no longer have more than one or two apps open. And it has gotten even worse now that I have been forced to use the work side from my employer.
    I'm guessing you tried all the tips and tricks to speed it up a bit
    01-01-20 12:00 PM
    I'm guessing you tried all the tips and tricks to speed it up a bit
    I have tried many. And I have looked into my apps. My battery has also gotten much worse.
    01-01-20 12:44 PM
    My silver Keyone ( over a year old now) on Verizon is working fine. battery life is still great and not having any lag issues. as a matter of fact, it just flew off the hood of my truck doing 50 mph and it's still working fine. I'm sure there's plenty of luck involved with the fact that it's still working fine, but there's no getting around that it had to have taken a heck of an impact .
    phuoc likes this.
    01-01-20 01:05 PM
    My silver Keyone ( over a year old now) on Verizon is working fine. battery life is still great and not having any lag issues. as a matter of fact, it just flew off the hood of my truck doing 50 mph and it's still working fine. I'm sure there's plenty of luck involved with the fact that it's still working fine, but there's no getting around that it had to have taken a heck of an impact .
    Next time maybe try glueing the phone to the hood or for a more temporary solution try Velcro; -)
    01-01-20 01:58 PM
    Next time maybe try glueing the phone to the hood or for a more temporary solution try Velcro; -)
    If one just fastens a holster case to hood to hold device, it appears far more appropriate plus can be painted to match vehicle color.
    01-01-20 02:00 PM
    If one just fastens a holster case to hood to hold device, it appears far more appropriate plus can be painted to match vehicle color.
    As long as the BlackBerry logo can be seen. Or should that be a TCL logo :-)
    01-01-20 02:17 PM
    Just plain forgot I put it there. Was changing for the drive home after a mountain bike ride and sat the phone on the hood and then my dumbass just left it there. It's working fine but that made me decide to break out my Priv to make sure it was still ok in case there's an issue with the Keyone that hasn't shown up yet.
    01-01-20 03:05 PM
58 123