Finding the keyone to be nothing like my q10.

Current confusion -
    So I want to mute ringer and all texts and app sounds. I see where you can go into app settings and override the silent mode if you want the app to make sounds for notifactions BUT - if I want to play music, there's no way to do that.

Also, where the heck is the notifcation light for texts? Why doesn't it work?
    06-13-17 09:15 AM
    There are different volume settings for notifications and music. You could just set your ringer volume to zero (vibrate is optional). Then you can still play your music using the separate media volume setting.
    06-13-17 09:51 AM
    That might solve the media problem, but how do I get the notification light to blink. Searching google claims that everyone lost the light when the s8 received an update. i dont know if that will effect us.
    06-13-17 10:01 AM
    It took me a week to figure this out for myself. In my case, the only thing that worked was Do Not Disturb + vibrate. Then I went into the phone and SMS apps separately and told them to never make my phone vibrate for calls or texts. The LED would never blink on my KeyOne if everything was set to total silence or alarms only. I hope this solution helps you.
    chrispmoto likes this.
    06-14-17 06:56 AM
    Notification light for texts works for me. Maybe you have something set odd in the settings? I use Textra and it allows you to customize how you want your notifications.

Are you looking for something like a bedside mode equivalent, or just to configure it so that you only ever get certain vibrate/led notifications?
    06-14-17 07:58 AM
    I use the app Audio Manager and I have two profiles set up, one is Active and one is Mute. You can choose the different sounds like alarm, media, system, ringer, etc and choose which volume level you want them at. For instance for my Mute profile I have every thing silenced except Alarm. I made shortcut icons for each profile for my desktop, so I just have to click them and the profile changes. It is in Play Store
    06-14-17 08:42 AM
    Oy, this is our problem too- simple way to have notification lights ONLY, without downloading some dubious-origin for-pay app. How about the phone actually controls its own operations?!
    Is there a way to turn off all sound except alarms and still get notification led alerts for email and texts? Thanks in advance, all....
    07-15-17 11:46 AM
    Oy, this is our problem too- simple way to have notification lights ONLY, without downloading some dubious-origin for-pay app. How about the phone actually controls its own operations?!
    Is there a way to turn off all sound except alarms and still get notification led alerts for email and texts? Thanks in advance, all....
    Yes, in hub settings, like this:
    Attached Thumbnails Silent Mode & Notification Lights-screenshot_20170715-131902.jpg  
    07-15-17 02:20 PM
    For Text Messaging I don't have anything on mine like this. All I get is Account Color. What am I doing wrong?
    08-01-17 12:16 AM