I have seen a couple threads/ posts about bad reception and such with the KEYone.
    I have a feeling I am in the same boat.
    I have had mine for a few days now, and I haven't seen it reach full network signal one. Honestly, it's usually hovering between one or two bars!
    I am coming from the Pixel XL and always had near full/ always full reception where I am located.
    I have a feeling that this isn't necessarily something that can be fixed with a OTA update is it?
    I have never had a BlackBerry have this weak of a signal!
    Is there anything that can be troubleshooted? I might see if Rogers will be willing to do an exchange, but I want to see if that is even going to fix it or what...
    06-06-17 10:34 AM
    I have the KEYone on Virgin Mobile. I live in an area with notorious terrible cell phone reception (Canada US border in White Rock/South Surrey). Our reception problems have been written up in the Vancouver Sun. We have found our reception is in part carrier dependent. We have tried Telus, Wind, and now are successfully on Virgin. Where we live, we always function with 1/2 to 1 bar, and this is the same with my new KEYone. I get full bars with the KEYone when I drive 3 kilometers north. This was the same with my Classic and my DTEK50.
    jakie55 likes this.
    06-06-17 11:12 AM
    I have the KEYone on Virgin Mobile. I live in an area with notorious terrible cell phone reception (Canada US border in White Rock/South Surrey). Our reception problems have been written up in the Vancouver Sun. We have found our reception is in part carrier dependent. We have tried Telus, Wind, and now are successfully on Virgin. Where we live, we always function with 1/2 to 1 bar, and this is the same with my new KEYone. I get full bars with the KEYone when I drive 3 kilometers north. This was the same with my Classic and my DTEK50.
    See that's fair enough then. The signal was the same from one device to another.

What I am getting at is that from my Pixel to the KEYone, the signal change is drastic.
    Where I would get full bars with my Pixel sitting right where I am right now, I only get one bar with my KEYone.... It's kind of disappointing/ concerning.
    kitmo likes this.
    06-06-17 02:22 PM
    I have seen a couple threads/ posts about bad reception and such with the KEYone.
    I have had mine for a few days now, and I haven't seen it reach full network signal one. Honestly, it's usually hovering between one or two bars!
    I am coming from the Pixel XL and always had near full/ always full reception where I am located.
    I have a feeling that this isn't necessarily something that can be fixed with a OTA update is it?
    Is there anything that can be troubleshooted? I might see if Rogers will be willing to do an exchange, but I want to see if that is even going to fix it or what...https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...63e0900603.jpg
    having same issue here. sending text message takes TIME until the signal strength increases. I didn't have that issue with my dtek50 though.
    06-06-17 02:32 PM
    my KEYone is bad at connecting and keeping connected to cellular network compared to my Z30 /Z10 at same location, tried several sim cards from four different networks in all three phones and KEYone is the only one to suffer loss of signal during a call and repeatedly fails to connect to internet, while the Z10 and Z30 have full 4G signal and no problems, hoping future updates might improve signal reception not very encouraging for the latest Blackberry.
    06-06-17 04:40 PM
    I have come to the conclusion that the antenna in this phone is a POS!
    Its so frustrating because it's actually such an awesome device. But this signal is just hurting so badly!
    My usual places where I would have gotten full bars LTE, I am still only getting one bar LTE or as shown below, it's going down to 4G!
    06-07-17 05:20 PM
    Kind of talking to myself here now, but I haven't even moved spots and now my device is on the extended network.
    Would this be more of a KEYone issue? Or a Rogers issue?
    06-07-17 05:57 PM
    Some people says they have good reception with their device.
    Maybe an antenna defective inside?
    06-07-17 09:58 PM
    Is there anything that can be troubleshooted? I might see if Rogers will be willing to do an exchange, but I want to see if that is even going to fix it or what...https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...63e0900603.jpg
    My Reception is excellent in Vancouver.
    06-07-17 10:09 PM
    TCL made it lol... perhaps it's just an accurate signal, and BlackBerry software made you think your passport had full bars /s
    06-07-17 10:51 PM
    I did notice something strange over the weekend, but then it happened again today. not sure what might be causing it but hopefully it is something an update will fix. On the weekend at the movie theater I had no signal - at all, seemed intermittently going from nothing to 1 bar but apps could not refresh/render (i.e. Twitter, Instagram, Chrome).

Then today at the mall, same thing. it seems to happen in sort of big enclosed places. other places seem to be OK.

Finally I did some tests on WiFi speeds with the Fast app and at my place, my DTEK60 reads 240-250 Mbps while my KEYone 'only' shows 150.

This leads me to conclude somehow the antennas might not be working the way they should be?

do you guys know an app or tool that can be installed on the phone to measure/test its antennas?
    06-07-17 11:43 PM
    Without knowing quality of reception then we should not put emphasis on bar count. Priv did this as well at the start.
    Do you ever have bad reception even though it says one bar or no bars? Judge on actual call and data quality. But if actually bad without looking at bars then an issue.
    nomi1978 and xandros9 like this.
    06-08-17 12:00 AM
    I did notice something strange over the weekend, but then it happened again today. not sure what might be causing it but hopefully it is something an update will fix. On the weekend at the movie theater I had no signal - at all, seemed intermittently going from nothing to 1 bar but apps could not refresh/render (i.e. Twitter, Instagram, Chrome).

Then today at the mall, same thing. it seems to happen in sort of big enclosed places. other places seem to be OK.

Finally I did some tests on WiFi speeds with the Fast app and at my place, my DTEK60 reads 240-250 Mbps while my KEYone 'only' shows 150.

This leads me to conclude somehow the antennas might not be working the way they should be?

do you guys know an app or tool that can be installed on the phone to measure/test its antennas?
    If this is happening then hopefully a software update can fix this asap. Same issue with Priv when first launched.
    06-08-17 12:03 AM
    Are you using a case with the phone?

I've noticed that the reception drops when I cover the plastic lines on the higher sides of the phone.
    06-08-17 02:26 AM
    Just repeating myself here: My K1 on Vodafone Germany has better reception than my Priv and seems to be just as good as the Note 7 I have used last year. So far reception is well enough, of course the device doesn't work any miracles in low and poor reception areas. But I noticed less (micro) drops of cellular signals as well as a more stable 4G connection.
    06-08-17 03:28 AM
    Are you using a case with the phone?

I've noticed that the reception drops when I cover the plastic lines on the higher sides of the phone.
    Nah, no case. Ain't got time for that sh*t.
    But in all fairness, the KEYone just feels so nice naked.
    06-08-17 06:05 AM
    Without knowing quality of reception then we should not put emphasis on bar count. Priv did this as well at the start.
    Do you ever have bad reception even though it says one bar or no bars? Judge on actual call and data quality. But if actually bad without looking at bars then an issue.
    See, that's what I am finding frustrating.
    The quality of reception hasn't (shouldn't have) changed over night. I go from my last device having full bars to the KEYone getting crap bars.
    The other fact is also, while I may only be getting one bar LTE, I am still able to do everything I would usually do. And whenever I place a call, it switches to 4G, which is expected, and the call quality is perfect.
    So that's what is frustrating....
    06-08-17 06:08 AM

I use LTE Discovery to do a deep dive.
    06-08-17 06:13 AM
    This sounds like the same issue I have with the Priv. The signal on the phone is terrible and never improved with software updates. I got a replacement device and its still never improved.

Its comical to me that people rant and rave about full signal bars with BB10 phones as a measure of how great the paratek antennae is. But now all of a sudden signal bars don't mean anything and you shouldn't worry about it. My Priv drops from LTE to 4G constantly where other phones get full LTE and signal strength, which caused the phone to slow to a crawl on web browsing. It will also drop calls repeatedly which is one of the main reasons I don't use it anymore.

This many threads on this leads me to believe that its a junk antennae in the phone and I would bet money when mine comes in I get a garbage signal.
    werkregen and Mtro like this.
    06-08-17 08:01 AM
    I am on T-Mobile and I have DIGITS with duplicate feature (basically two SIMs with one number) so I have two phones. the second phone that I am carrying around is OnePlus 3T.

Yesterday I was on the phone while driving I kept losing connection and the call failing. Every time the call failed I looked at my OnePlus and it had some bars or full bars.

I am hoping that it is some software issue and the phone fails to change from one tower to another. but definitely a concern as I was thinking to use this phone as my daily driver.
    06-08-17 08:09 AM
    I have ATT and so far I have noticed it doesnt do as well as the PRIV or Dtek60. I had people telling me they couldn't hear me sitting on my couch so I had to fire up my Microcell. it had been off since the PRIV.

Now that being said I had the Microcell because I had other phones that didn't do well so Its not the only one.

My wife has a LG G4 and my son has a Z30 and they don't need the Microcell. So I do think it's weeker but I wouldn't say it's the worst I have had and I am hopeful with some tweets they can correct it enough.
    06-08-17 09:01 AM
    Of all of the devices being used in my home (BlackBerry, Samsung, and Motorola), the KEYone is the only device that does not work when inside. I literally have to stand outside to make/receive calls. All other devices (although weak signal) can clearly make/receive calls from even my basement.

This issue aside, the KEYone is rock solid.
    06-08-17 09:36 AM
    Of all of the devices being used in my home (BlackBerry, Samsung, and Motorola), the KEYone is the only device that does not work when inside. I literally have to stand outside to make/receive calls. All other devices (although weak signal) can clearly make/receive calls from even my basement.

Hmmm. Weird. All our devices for reception , (Samsung, iPhone and Pixel) work the same as our KEYone.
    06-08-17 10:09 AM

For a "phone" that's a pretty important "Issue".... not sure you can put it aside and still say "rock solid".

For those with just differences in "bars"... I'd ignore them. For those with clear downgrade in reception capabilities, I'd probably return it and try another device to see if it's a QC issue and not a design issue - as many others are saying it works just fine.

Now if you bought a phone outside of your market....
    06-08-17 10:36 AM
86 123 ...