So I've read some threads re poor signal, my issue is slightly different in that I have comparable signal (according to the menu bar) but the Speedtest results are massively different.

My S8+ using the same sim and exact same location in my kitchen was showing H+ rather than 4g and using Speedtest gave results of 13.79 and 14.42. My K1 also showing H+ could manage no better than 5.76, and a couple of attempts were sub 2.00

Not scientific I know but quite the difference.
    06-04-17 03:06 PM
    Well, the S8 is many times more powerful as well.

So even if signal strength was perfect on both devices, the S8 would probably perform better.

Not a great comparison unfortunately.
    06-04-17 03:16 PM
    So I've read some threads re poor signal, my issue is slightly different in that I have comparable signal (according to the menu bar) but the Speedtest results are massively different.

My S8+ using the same sim and exact same location in my kitchen was showing H+ rather than 4g and using Speedtest gave results of 13.79 and 14.42. My K1 also showing H+ could manage no better than 5.76, and a couple of attempts were sub 2.00

My friend has the same issues with his KeyOne. We called AT&T on my Corporate account and found out the may be compatible with the system. But it will not receive system (tower interface) updates. So it may not work 100% with the network.
    06-04-17 03:18 PM
    I wouldn't imagine that processor would have such a huge impact on data speeds? Maybe an edge but nothing that would explain such a gulf?
    06-04-17 03:19 PM
    I'm in the UK btw. On the 3 network.
    06-04-17 03:20 PM

I'm in the UK and Vodafone I see no slow down in LTE speed. You may find the K1 does not support some of the LTE bands used by Three. The S8 has great LTE band coverage.
    06-04-17 03:50 PM
    I will do more tests in different locations, my house does have poor signal (1 or 2 bars and h+ rather than 4g) so is maybe a bit of a torture test.
    06-04-17 03:52 PM
    I wouldn't imagine that processor would have such a huge impact on data speeds? Maybe an edge but nothing that would explain such a gulf?
    The meaning of SOC means system on a chip.

Which means all the major components, including the cellular modem, are part of the SOC.

Some yes, a more modern and more powerful SOC will make a difference.

Part of the reason why the 625 is a poor choice.

Now, it's not the only thing that matters. Antenna design is even more important. But it matters a little too.
    06-04-17 05:22 PM
    Just tested at work on a strong ish 4g signal and it faired much better 30mbs both download and upload. That is comparable to my S8 and as 3 is not as fast over here as EE that is pretty decent.

Will continue to keep an eye. Maybe the K1 is good for 4G but lacking for non-4g?
    06-05-17 03:30 AM