Hi all,

New to Android, using a Blackberry KeyOne. I have (what I think is a simple) question;

I have chosen 'Hide sensitive notifications' from the Settings, as I do not wish for everyone that picks the phone up to be able to read messages/e-mails that would be shown on the lock screen.

The question is - Is there an app (or any other way), with which I can use a specific fingerprint (as the hardware part is there), not to unlock the phone, but to show all the hidden notifications on the lock screen instead? I can't believe that no one else has thought of this already?

Many thanks
    08-04-17 09:05 AM
    Hi all,

New to Android, using a Blackberry KeyOne. I have (what I think is a simple) question;

I have chosen 'Hide sensitive notifications' from the Settings, as I do not wish for everyone that picks the phone up to be able to read messages/e-mails that would be shown on the lock screen.

The question is - Is there an app (or any other way), with which I can use a specific fingerprint (as the hardware part is there), not to unlock the phone, but to show all the hidden notifications on the lock screen instead? I can't believe that no one else has thought of this already?

Many thanks
    Not aware of a separate or special unlock for different aspects of the phone.
    08-04-17 01:45 PM
    What exactly would be the point?
    If you've been authenticated, why not unlock completely?
    08-04-17 01:51 PM
    Thank you both, my problem is that since my phone is often left where others are about, I don't want them to have the ability to read my notifications (emails/chats) by just looking at my lock screen. Thus using the option to 'Hide Notifications'. Now, I don't want to go through fully unlocking the phone, to then go to the Notifications panel to see what is going on, I'd just like to be able to 'unhide' the lockscreen.

Something like that is available on iOS (by jailbreak), where you can hide notifications completely from the lock screen and have a special point on the screen (customisable by you), which you can grab and slide in order to show everything (so a person not knowing where that point is, cannot see anything). I thought Android, being a lot more customisable, would already have something like that available.

Thank you
    08-07-17 03:27 AM