I was trying to pop out the SD card on my KEYone with the pin, but due to experience with prior BB phones I accidentally went for the little hole on top, which it turns out is the noise canceling mic. I really shoved it in there hard before I realized it wasn't the SD card tray. (I was using the pin that came with the phone.)

I'm curious if anyone has a reasonable guess as to how likely it is I messed up the noise canceling mic? And/or how I can test it and when any damage might matter?

Thanks.
    06-02-19 10:16 PM
    I'm curious if anyone has a reasonable guess as to how likely it is I messed up the noise canceling mic? And/or how I can test it and when any damage might matter?
    99% you messed it up if you jammed it in there as hard as you say. Phone a friend, loved one, if it sounds off, they should be able to tell.
    06-03-19 10:32 AM
    99% you messed it up if you jammed it in there as hard as you say. Phone a friend, loved one, if it sounds off, they should be able to tell.
    Thanks, Bla1ze. The thing is, it's for "noise reduction" and not a primary mic. It's for reducing background noise (and I think I read it mainly comes into play with HD calling over WiFi?). So, testing it will probably not be as simple and straightforward as I'd like -- but I don't want to find out the hard way when I'm on an important business call in a noisy environment. I guess I'll need to test it with a friend from a noisy environment. Thanks!
    06-03-19 02:32 PM
    download and run BlackBerry Virtual Expert which seemingly tests microphones one by one...

https://helpblog.blackberry.com/2016...virtual-expert

Playstore pops a notice not compatible with KEYᵒⁿᵉ... but it IS ans works fine... get it somewhere else...

Try APKMirror... BBVE.apk
    06-03-19 02:58 PM
    here's mine
    Attached Thumbnails Shoved pin into noise canceling mic on top (instead of SD tray); is it okay?-screenshot_20190603-160053.jpg  
    06-03-19 03:03 PM
    download and run BlackBerry Virtual Expert which seemingly tests microphones one by one...

https://helpblog.blackberry.com/2016...virtual-expert

Playstore pops a notice not compatible with KEYᵒⁿᵉ... but it IS ans works fine... get it somewhere else...

Try APKMirror... BBVE.apk
    Thanks. Doesn't seem to be available for the KEYone, though. (Only Priv.) I can run a DTEK scan but I have no idea if that would detect an issue with this mic or not. I guess a live test call in a noisy environment is in my future.
    06-03-19 03:10 PM
    Thanks. Doesn't seem to be available for the KEYone, though. (Only Priv.) I can run a DTEK scan but I have no idea if that would detect an issue with this mic or not. I guess a live test call in a noisy environment is in my future.
    I have it on my Motion. I thought that it was available on all Android BB's.
    06-03-19 04:36 PM
    I did the same thing, but it didn't damage anything. I used an app to test all the mics and they all worked. I never had a problem with call quality.

When I did it, it felt like the the contact point was "rubbery" and not delicate.
    06-05-19 08:53 AM
    It's also one of the two mics for video (the audio for the video is stereo, requiring 2 mics), so if it is in fact damaged, you will have issues with the audio i in your videos.
    06-05-19 04:35 PM