My Priv is starting to gasp for air GPS is dead (aGPS towers only, and yes, I tried the squeeze the corner where the contact is), screen has a crack, apps are starting to run slow, seems to take longer to charge and battery drains faster...<sigh>
    I was going to buy a KEY2 until I read that the KEY3 is scheduled to come out sometime this year (late Q2+).
    Anyone have any concerns with the KEYOne that would make me rethink this and get a KEY2? (probably the LE, since I don't want to spend $600+ if I'm going to grab the Key3 when it comes out)
    01-08-19 06:50 PM
    Depends on which KEYone you're looking to get I suppose. If it's a Sprint or VZW, don't bother. If it's not a KEYone Black Edition with the extra RAM, don't bother. Your money would be better spent on a KEY2 LE. If you're getting a GSM KEYone with the extra RAM, should be fine.
    AmritD, ajwan and the_boon like this.
    01-08-19 07:20 PM
    My Priv is starting to gasp for air GPS is dead (aGPS towers only, and yes, I tried the squeeze the corner where the contact is), screen has a crack, apps are starting to run slow, seems to take longer to charge and battery drains faster...<sigh>
    I was going to buy a KEY2 until I read that the KEY3 is scheduled to come out sometime this year (late Q2+).
    Anyone have any concerns with the KEYOne that would make me rethink this and get a KEY2? (probably the LE, since I don't want to spend $600+ if I'm going to grab the Key3 when it comes out)
    You could look at the LE also if the price difference isn't much
    01-08-19 07:53 PM
    If you are in need of another phone then I would go with a cheap option to hold you over until the Key3 comes out.

Then again, we don't know when it will come out officially. Plus, the Key3 may have some issues with the initial stock. I would go with a Keyone and let the Key3 get through the initial stock then pull the trigger on the Key3.
    farmwersteve likes this.
    01-08-19 08:14 PM
    ....I read that the KEY3 is scheduled to come out sometime this year (late Q2+).
    First, where did you read that a Key3 has even been confirmed? Second, where was it confirmed that it would be released in late Q2?
    Tim-ANC and ppeters914 like this.
    01-08-19 08:16 PM
    01-09-19 10:06 AM
    Big difference in when they expect it to make an appearance and when you can buy one. The PRIV made an "appearance" in Jan/Feb but didn't go on sale till Nov/Dec.

At this point there is no indication of a soon to be released device, and really no new midgrade components to be using.... my "guess" would be late fall or even early next year for a KEY3...
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    01-09-19 03:22 PM
    my KEYᵒⁿᵉ without extra ram and have 178 apps loaded and it works fine. breath-holding classes have been suspended for new devices from TCL.
    the_boon and FF22 like this.
    01-09-19 03:31 PM
    This is fake news. Like CNN fake....
    the_boon, Tim-ANC and VictorRight like this.
    01-09-19 09:46 PM
    Given that the Key2 is newer than the KeyOne, having a faster SoC SD660 and more RAM choice, then the question is "How satisfied are you with its reviews and pricing?". The Key3 will be the tallest of the 3 BBRY phones and having a SD710 SoC. For my love of the Q10 I am hoping that a new contracted partner will engage the BB 10 OS through to 2021 given that many G20 Leaders still utilize the security and privacy features of BBRY 10 OS over BBRY Secure Android phones. On the other hand my plan B will be the KeyOne Black Edition with 4GB RAM and the largest internal storage affordable. Where BBRY is committed to data privacy over the years on the BBRY 10 OS I am uncertain whether TCL monetize users data or not. Thanks!
    01-10-19 01:11 AM
    Given that the Key2 is newer than the KeyOne, having a faster SoC SD660 and more RAM choice, then the question is "How satisfied are you with its reviews and pricing?". The Key3 will be the tallest of the 3 BBRY phones and having a SD710 SoC. For my love of the Q10 I am hoping that a new contracted partner will engage the BB 10 OS through to 2021 given that many G20 Leaders still utilize the security and privacy features of BBRY 10 OS over BBRY Secure Android phones. On the other hand my plan B will be the KeyOne Black Edition with 4GB RAM and the largest internal storage affordable. Where BBRY is committed to data privacy over the years on the BBRY 10 OS I am uncertain whether TCL monetize users data or not. Thanks!
    Sorry but BB10 is ending... you need to accept is wasn't viable and is over.

Your "plan".... I don't get planning to buy an older device that won't get another feature update and is running short on the number of security updates it will get. The KEY2 LE is a much smarter purchase on that front.

As for the KEY3.... Tallest of the 3 BBRY phones? SD 710 Soc? That's all speculation.
    Martin Haughton likes this.
    01-10-19 08:23 AM
    The Key3 will be the tallest of the 3 BBRY phones and having a SD710 SoC.
    Stop, just....stop.
    01-10-19 01:10 PM
    try to find a KEYone Black Edition with 4g ram, it's cheap and works way better than the regular KEYone.
    01-10-19 06:27 PM
    try to find a KEYone Black Edition with 4g ram, it's cheap and works way better than the regular KEYone.
    If he doesn't care much for the capacitive keyboard, slightly better camera and bigger battery, then the LE is a much better buy since they're around the same price I believe.
    01-10-19 07:54 PM
    Ditto
    01-10-19 08:20 PM
    Stop, just....stop.
    My research is informative and willingly shared for our discussion and comparative analysis: https://www.launchedphones.com/2018/...fications.html
    01-11-19 08:14 AM
    A key3 slider!

Posted via my Awesome passport
    Tim-ANC and BlueOhSix like this.
    01-11-19 08:42 AM
    My research is informative and willingly shared for our discussion and comparative analysis: https://www.launchedphones.com/2018/...fications.html
    Heresay. No official statement has come from TCL regarding any future BlackBerry phones.
    01-11-19 09:27 AM
    The article reads like the specs are fully confirmed but I have my doubts in this case.
    I just bought the Keyone BE and are very satisfied with the device.
    I can recommend it more than the key2 le because I am loving the capacitive keyboard and using it whenever I have this stuff in my hand.
    01-11-19 01:57 PM
    Get the LE and let it ride.........
    01-11-19 08:35 PM
    Your "research" makes CNN look like the word of God.
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    01-11-19 08:39 PM
    Well, that settles it then.
    01-11-19 09:29 PM
    The article reads like the specs are fully confirmed but I have my doubts in this case.
    I just bought the Keyone BE and are very satisfied with the device.
    I can recommend it more than the key2 le because I am loving the capacitive keyboard and using it whenever I have this stuff in my hand.
    The keyone BE is a fantastic device
    01-11-19 09:48 PM
    I'd get something cheap or with a high resale value for now. Used KEYones are pretty cheap on Ebay.
    01-11-19 09:51 PM
    you can get a new black k1 for like 199€ now. much better value than a k2 LE for 349-399€ considering the camera downgrade, smaller battery and loss of the capacitive pkb
    01-12-19 03:31 AM
38 12