I'm disappointed in the battery life and sluggish behavior of the priv. Otherwise I like the phone. My phone is my tool for work with it being used probably 85-15 work-personal. Ive been with BlackBerry 10+ years now.

I put my hands on a Keyone for the first time this week. I like how it felt in hand. I just want opinions on whether a $500 purchase it the right move. Also I'm concerned my best buy in Birmingham Ala has the original ones with screen issues.

Anyway all insight welcomed.
    12-02-17 08:16 AM
    Made the switch from Priv to ATT K1 a couple months ago and haven't looked back...entire family now has the K1 and all agree that it's the best BB ever!
    12-02-17 08:58 AM
    So if I buy it at best buy att can set me up?
    12-02-17 09:04 AM
    So if I buy it at best buy att can set me up?
    If your with AT&T than get it from AT&T online.
    12-02-17 09:18 AM
    If your with AT&T than get it from AT&T online.
    It's always best to buy outright
    12-02-17 09:52 AM
    Yes, buy it unlocked from Best Buy if possible. They can hook you up with great included deals, like a few months of service for free with 5 gigs of data per month from Mint Sim!!
    12-02-17 10:46 AM
    Yes make the switch. The battery life is amazing and performance blows the Priv away. Also, the pkb in my opinion is much better.
    12-02-17 10:50 AM
    I'm disappointed in the battery life and sluggish behavior of the priv. Otherwise I like the phone. My phone is my tool for work with it being used probably 85-15 work-personal. Ive been with BlackBerry 10+ years now.

I put my hands on a Keyone for the first time this week. I like how it felt in hand. I just want opinions on whether a $500 purchase it the right move. Also I'm concerned my best buy in Birmingham Ala has the original ones with screen issues.

The KEYone blows away the priv. It is an absolute upgrade.
    LyoobaBerry and diesel0110 like this.
    12-02-17 10:57 AM
    You'll realize how bad the priv is when you switch to ko, do it
    12-02-17 11:25 AM
    It isn't on my att online options to purchase. In fact, no BlackBerry is on my att website.
    12-02-17 12:53 PM

Op, in one word: YES!!!

I was as hesitant as you, but finally took the plunge and got a KEYone Black Edition. What a difference! While I had certain nostalgia with the PRIV (last BB device made in Mexico), I'm not regretting the decision one bit

Battery is easily twice better. Even on heavy usage days, my KEYone ends in the 30-40% mark. If I use it normally, I'm sure I can get the two days duration many have mentioned (although, I charge my phone overnight).

The OS runs very fluidly, no lags or stuttering as on the PRIV. Multitasking is just much better and the split screen view on Nougat is a very useful addition.

While the PRIV is very attractive and the sliding mechanism catches eyes, I grew tired of opening and closing the physical keyboard. With the KEYone and its much better keyboard, I feel way closer to my two all time favourite BB devices: Passport and Bold 9700.

The PRIV was a nice first try at Android from BlackBerry, but the 808 processor, even on Marshmallow, would make the phone feel like an oven when running heavy apps (mainly navigation and games) and sometimes while multitasking. If I used Waze for instance, even with the phone charging, I'd start to actually see a decrease in battery, the phone would get extremely hot (so much, that I'd have to hold it in front of the AC to help it cool it down) and lagging would take place.

This does not happen with the KEYone. Actually I've only experienced a very slight warming when running Waze for over an hour, or playing games (FIFA Mobile or Candy Crush) for prolonged periods. But surprisingly, it's almost unnoticeable (specially with a case on) and battery doesn't drop insanely like on the PRIV.

My girlfriend is currently borrowing my PRIV. Coming from a Q10, she favours pkb, but finds it tiring to slide up and down, ends up frustrated (specially due to the size) and uses the virtual one. She's also mentioned that for its battery size it should last longer...

Anyway, If you require the physical keyboard, make the jump. Otherwise, you may look at offerings from other brands. OS wise, it's Android, nothing much to explain. Personally, BB10 is still my favourite mobile OS (I will sell the PRIV and keep my Passport as secondary device), but at least Android on the KEYone feels much more integrated and far superior than the PRIV's experience.

Just a last note of recommendation, start from scratch. Try to restore as little as possible from the PRIV (preferably use cloud backup-restore as much as possible), or you'll carry over bugs and glitches.

 Passport (10.3.3.2163) /  KEYone "Black Edition" (7.1.1)
    alablackberry and diesel0110 like this.
    12-02-17 02:52 PM
    Even with just a Snapdragon 625 this thing is flying! Especially the 4 Gigs RAM Black Edition one, never slows down, no lags, no stutter, just incredibly well balanced piece of hardware. With the Black Edition you can also be absolutely sure there won't be any screen falling off issues as TCL have update their production process and started putting a very reliable adhesive layer in between the screen and the phone's rim holding it. The battery life is epic. The design of the whole device is extremely sturdy and it surely can take a beating. By a large margin the best phone I ever had.
    alablackberry likes this.
    12-02-17 02:58 PM
    Black edition maybe.
    My opinion wait for Keytwo.
    12-02-17 03:28 PM
    It isn't on my att online options to purchase. In fact, no BlackBerry is on my att website.
    Weird. I purchased mine directly from att through their webpage. Totally recommend it as a former PRIV owner... no contest between the two.
    12-02-17 04:36 PM
    I have both the PRIV and the KEYᵒⁿᵉ because I have 2 lines. The KEYᵒⁿᵉ is an excellent sequel to the PRIV. I am still using both but the KEYᵒⁿᵉ is definitely better for many things-- Google maps or Waze, for example. On the PRIV they would lag and even freeze up sometimes, but never on my KEYᵒⁿᵉ.
    if you are concerned about the screen issue at the local Best Buy you can purchase it online on amazon.com. I am sure the old stock is gone by now. I prefer buying outright. If you like the black style, AT&T has the US exclusive on black. (There's is same specs as the silver one).
    12-02-17 08:31 PM
    he'll yah.
    12-02-17 09:59 PM
    Weird. I purchased mine directly from att through their webpage. Totally recommend it as a former PRIV owner... no contest between the two.
    Found it. That's great news
    12-03-17 07:15 AM
    I can't speak of the Priv, but I can tell you the BE K1 is triple a a amazing. I agree with many that its the "best blackberry" ever.

They just got everything right. screen is perfectly sized, display is fine, camera is great, battery life outstanding, feels great in the hand, keyboard works fantastic, and it just plain looks great! get compliments all the time (thats something I NEVER got from any previous BB and I've owned pretty much all of them except the Priv)
    12-03-17 07:52 AM
    Yes, the K1 is an upgrade from the Priv performance wise, but here is what I miss from the Priv:

- no swipe-down alt and sym keyboards. This is a big issue for me, as I've been using swipe-down gestures for the past 4 years (Passport, then Priv). It will be a difficult habit to break - or maybe this feature will be brought to the K1, the keyboard is capable of doing it.

- bigger screen. The K1 screen is a downgrade from the Priv

- curved glass edges on the Priv. I thought they were a gimmick, but I really miss them.

Otherwise, the Black Edition is great. Much faster, better battery, everything others have said. I bought from Amazon.
    12-03-17 07:55 AM
    I'd say just go for the Black Edition KEYone. For the difference in price, you get twice the on-board storage and extra 1gb of RAM which makes the silver one not such a great deal. I owned the silver, and soon will order the Black Edition.
    12-03-17 08:07 AM
    I'd say just go for the Black Edition KEYone. For the difference in price, you get twice the on-board storage and extra 1gb of RAM which makes the silver one not such a great deal. I owned the silver, and soon will order the Black Edition.
    I just sold my silver and went with BE, not only does it look better, its snappier too. worth the extra price.
    12-03-17 08:10 AM
    Order a New Black K1 from Ebay they are factory Unlocked and much better with more power under the hood, you always want more ram ive had my Black K1 over a month now and I do the cache clean out and stop apps from running every few days and reboot to keep the best running like a wild New Corvette with over 755 hp under the hood
    12-03-17 08:45 AM
    I have the Black Ed. Battery life is just insane, there's no way I can't go through a full day. normally 48h with low use and around 30h medium-heavy use. I always use Bluetooth for 2h per day while on the train to listen to music, and read news...surf around..and still have plenty of battery. Coming from the PRIV, the Q10, and all the older ones, I must say that for someone that appreciates quality this is the one, and at the same time you are actually able to multitask and get things done. I would recommend to you to go for it if still are not sure.
    12-03-17 11:05 AM
    Priv⏩KEYᵒⁿᵉ

much quicker
    PKB a little easier
    much longer lasting
    fast charge faster
    stereo speakers

screen considerably smaller
    screen not as brilliant
    no QI charge
    one speaker

USB-c present, but I don't get benefit since it's occupied by an add-on QI receiver...

some better, some not
    overall some improvements for some things
    12-03-17 12:52 PM
    Yes you will Love the Keyone my PRIV slowed down as well Keyone is fantastic
    12-03-17 05:34 PM
34 12