Do any of you guys think I should get a keyOne to replace my iphone 6? I used to constantly play games and watch videos on it but now I've got a laptop that's light enough and small enough to take anywhere while still giving me the ability to play games (XPS 15) that I use that for my main media consumption (mainly because iphone battery life is terrible :P) and was thinking of getting this as it isn't just a boring slab. I do play mobile games very rarely but mainly call, message and surf the web and so the ability to run a game or two decently would be nice. I do prefer the silver design (because of the silver frets :P) and so it would be the one I would be picking up. Would 3Gb of ram be enough? and should I just see what happens with the KeyTwo or get the Keyone while it's £300? Any thoughts would be appreciated

(P.S this is my first thread :P)
    (P.P.S I now realised autocorrect decided I wanted to by KeyNote :P great start for first thread, thanks to those who knew what I meant)
    Last edited by EwanJP; 03-11-18 at 06:10 AM. Reason: wrote Keynote instead of Keyone
    duncan86 likes this.
    03-10-18 07:59 PM
    Do any of you guys think I should get a keynote to replace my iphone 6? I used to constantly play games and watch videos on it but now I've got a laptop that's light enough and small enough to take anywhere while still giving me the ability to play games (XPS 15) that I use that for my main media consumption (mainly because iphone battery life is terrible :P) and was thinking of getting this as it isn't just a boring slab. I do play mobile games very rarely but mainly call, message and surf the web and so the ability to run a game or two decently would be nice. I do prefer the silver design (because of the silver frets :P) and so it would be the one I would be picking up. Would 3Gb of ram be enough? and should I just see what happens with the KeyTwo or get the Keyone while it's £300? Any thoughts would be appreciated

First, WELCOME to Crackberry.

There are a number of folks who have moved from an iphone to the KeyOne. Most of those who bother posting seem fairly happy with the change. Obviously, moving to both Android and a device with a physical keyboard (pkb) will take getting use to.

But let's see what other have to say - most when asked about the KeyTwo or whatever suggest not necessarily waiting. I've only got the 3gb version on Verizon and it seems to serve my purpose.
    phuoc, EwanJP and duncan86 like this.
    03-11-18 12:03 AM
    Do any of you guys think I should get a keynote to replace my iphone 6? I used to constantly play games and watch videos on it but now I've got a laptop that's light enough and small enough to take anywhere while still giving me the ability to play games (XPS 15) that I use that for my main media consumption (mainly because iphone battery life is terrible :P) and was thinking of getting this as it isn't just a boring slab. I do play mobile games very rarely but mainly call, message and surf the web and so the ability to run a game or two decently would be nice. I do prefer the silver design (because of the silver frets :P) and so it would be the one I would be picking up. Would 3Gb of ram be enough? and should I just see what happens with the KeyTwo or get the Keyone while it's £300? Any thoughts would be appreciated

for this reason I love my HP spectre 13" convertible laptop!
    03-11-18 01:40 AM

Unless you have budget restrictions, or are in a hurry to replace your iPhone, I'd say wait.
    Matter of a couple of months max before the KeyTWO or whatever it will be called drops. We "might" see some information next month itself.

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.3.2163
    EwanJP likes this.
    03-11-18 01:46 AM

Welcome to CB forums . Appreciate your thoughts . Keyone successor is going to be launched in near future . You can wait for it or alternatively can go for KeyOne black edition 4GB/64GB which is a great device and value for money.
    03-11-18 03:02 AM
    wow thanks for the quick response guys! I think ill probs just wait a bit for the KeyTwo unless in that time the look of the black edition grows on me. My iPhone is dying but I can probs get another few months out of it and at that point ill get a KeyTwo. So you guys would definately recommend a blackberry replacement? Once again thanks all!
    Gajja likes this.
    03-11-18 03:55 AM
    What is a Keynote?

Posted with my  BlackBerry Passport SE™
    falbo and EwanJP like this.
    03-11-18 04:05 AM
    What is a Keynote?

Maybe it's a spoiler for the next pkb by blackberry mobile. Certainly hope it's not named a keytwo.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-18 04:10 AM
    wow thanks for the quick response guys! I think ill probs just wait a bit for the KeyTwo unless in that time the look of the black edition grows on me. My iPhone is dying but I can probs get another few months out of it and at that point ill get a KeyTwo. So you guys would definately recommend a blackberry replacement? Once again thanks all!
    Wait for the Keynote 2.

I moved from an iphone and have never looked back.

I particularly love the new hub peek feature. This is only available with Blackberry.
    03-11-18 04:14 AM
    I've got the black and it's great. But if you wait then do so, if only because good things come to those who wait.
    03-11-18 04:55 AM
    and should I just see what happens with the KeyTwo or get the Keyone while it's £300? Any thoughts would be appreciated

Cheapest I've seen new is ₤339 at CPW. But I'd say not much point buying at that price now. With the new phones due soon, that price could well drop to say ₤199 in a month or so. Then you'd have a bargain on your hands, and supposedly it would still receive security patches for quite a while.
    Last edited by Bertie Bear; 03-11-18 at 06:44 AM.
    EwanJP likes this.
    03-11-18 04:56 AM
    What is a Keynote?

yeah sorry mate I always manage to write keynote XD thanks for pointing it out
    03-11-18 06:30 AM
    My iPhone is dying but I can probs get another few months out of it
    Make an appointment at an Apple Store and have the battery replaced. It will cost you £25 and it will be worth it even if you get a new phone in a few months.
    EwanJP and valer466 like this.
    03-11-18 07:33 AM
    I changed from an iphone 6s plus to the KEYone 64/4 two months ago.
    I don't use it often for gaming or watching movies. It's more the productivity stuff and the music I hear.
    What shall I say: I don't miss my iPhone!
    The KEYone is such a good device with the physical keyboard and the shortcuts.
    4 gb of ram a enough for me atm.

In my opinion you can't do anything wrong with a KEYone black edition.
    Last edited by dasfiasko; 03-11-18 at 08:00 AM.
    EwanJP likes this.
    03-11-18 07:47 AM
    Make an appointment at an Apple Store and have the battery replaced. It will cost you £25 and it will be worth it even if you get a new phone in a few months.
    Thanks for the advice but I recently had my battery replaced (Just before the discount D and it's still pretty slow and thats on ios 9 as im afraid if I update the phone will be the same speed as my old nokia lumia. My phone also has a crack in the screen so I would end up having to pay for that which is around £170 (last I checked) and so it would total to around £200, with a KeyOne costing £100 more
    03-11-18 08:02 AM
    I don’t know if I’d wait. I mean, the K2 hasn’t even been announced. Then, how long until availability?

I came from an Iphone6 and don’t miss it - AT ALL. My usage is primarily communication and various apps that assist me.

I’m not a game or movie guy, on my phone anyway.
    03-11-18 09:45 AM
    I don’t know if I’d wait. I mean, the K2 hasn’t even been announced. Then, how long until availability?

I came from an Iphone6 and don’t miss it - AT ALL. My usage is primarily communication and various apps that assist me.

I’m not a game or movie guy, on my phone anyway.
    I'd like to believe im the same way, but i would like the ability to watch youtube or play a game in case i have a long jouney ahead of me without my laptop
    03-11-18 10:01 AM
    I have the KEYone Silver and I have owned iphones. As a communication/general utility tool (working on Word docs and Excel files), GPS, and casting movies, I like it. Battery, keyboard and Hub are really the difference for me. I don't do games but the Silver has been more than adequate.
    EwanJP likes this.
    03-11-18 10:36 AM
    I'd say go for it. it's a fantastic device so why wait? can find some good deals on the keyONE so I don't think there will be that big of a change with the next one.
    03-11-18 12:29 PM
    No advice on buying K1 or waiting, but remember that BlackBerries have SD support. So memory is not nearly the big deal it is with Apple. 128G cards are cheap. and you can go up to a 2TB if you want.
    FF22 and EwanJP like this.
    03-11-18 12:37 PM
    No advice on buying K1 or waiting, but remember that BlackBerries have SD support. So memory is not nearly the big deal it is with Apple. 128G cards are cheap. and you can go up to a 2TB if you want.
    I've never used storage cards on a mobile before (with the exception of my lumia, but I never messed with the one it came with) so is there a specific type I would have to look out for?
    03-11-18 02:09 PM
    I would go for the K1. The new device may go through initial QC issues...which means that you;d have to wait a few months to gauge whether you need to wait for a new batch (think k1 lifting screen, or PRIV battery).

Unless you're a first mover, it'll be a year at least until you know...if you only keep your phones for 12-18 months, buy a K1 now. If you want a 3 year phone, then wait.
    EwanJP likes this.
    03-11-18 03:21 PM
    I would wait...
    03-11-18 03:36 PM
    Only reason I'd wait would be if you believe that the price on the keyone is going to drop
    03-11-18 04:18 PM
    is there a specific type I would have to look out for?
    Was going to link ne of the many threads on that subject, but I can't get the search function to work.
    You want a good brand name UHS1 /class 10. If it's UHS1 and doesn't say class 10, that's OK. A UHS3 will also work fine, but cost a bit more, and I'm pretty sure the 625 doesn't support that high a speed, so it will run at closer to UHS1 speed.
    This is a pretty good one
    https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B073JYC4...0821172&sr=8-1
    128 is a heck of a lot of memory for 40 bucks, other sizes are listed in the link.
    EwanJP and kbz1960 like this.
    03-11-18 09:24 PM
50 12