Hi, I'm a Blackberry fan and have used a few devices in past. My purpose for the phone is not TOO PROFESSIONAL and so am I confused whether to shift from my Iphone 6s to the ne Blackberry Keyone.
    I usually use my phone for social media, texting, mails and videos browsing hence would Like to know If Blackberry Keyone is a good fit for me or not?

P.S. - I do love BLACKBERRY. But confused. And I'm talking about the Linited edition black one since I'll buy it in India.
    anon(8679041) likes this.
    08-06-17 10:44 AM
    You should do your own research and decide which is better for you. This isn't exactly an unbiased forum.
    anon(9803818), TGR1, Xeak and 1 others like this.
    08-06-17 10:48 AM
    The only reason I could see to switch is if you really wanted a PKB.
    TGR1 likes this.
    08-06-17 10:51 AM
    Keyone is as capable as any other phone in the market, other than gaming. However, it's not the perfect phone. I would say, an iPhone is better than a KEYone in every way.
    08-06-17 10:53 AM
    If you are used to the virtual keyboards and use it for social media and photos, you will be giving up a lot in photo quality. However, the physical keyboard allows for much more accurate texts/typing.
    08-06-17 10:54 AM
    I'm BB fan and switched to iPhone for quite some time ago. I'm glad that I took a shot for Keyone as I love using real Keyboard. However, I still carry both BB (work related) and iPhone as another back-up.
    08-06-17 11:02 AM
    I went from an iphone 6 to keyone and havent looked back.

Two things seal the deal for me. PKB and great battery life.

That said i have a feeling iphone 8 might tempt me back. Heres hoping for a spectacular keytwo to keep me loyal to BB
    08-06-17 11:08 AM
    I went in the opposite direction, keyone to the iPhone 6s. The Keyone is a great phone but for my fat thumbs, the PKB was too small. If the Keyone had the "classic " size keys, I would have kept it.
    08-06-17 11:36 AM
    I'd just like to chime in with an observation.

I'm baffled and mystified that most people think that the KEYone is only useful to those that Need a PKB or those that lack the need of an entertainment device.
    Interesting.

I couldn't disagree more.
    08-06-17 11:44 AM
    I went in the opposite direction, keyone to the iPhone 6s. The Keyone is a great phone but for my fat thumbs, the PKB was too small. If the Keyone had the "classic " size keys, I would have kept it.
    But iphone has even worse vkb.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-17 11:47 AM
    only reason to switch would be PKB.
    Xeak likes this.
    08-06-17 11:51 AM
    The only reason I could see to switch is if you really wanted a PKB.
    This^^^

If you are looking for an entertainment device switch or upgrade to a new iPhone. If you want the best PKB on the market and still have the ability to have all the apps available on android then go for the KEYᵒⁿᵉ. For gaming/movie watching the KEYᵒⁿᵉ will be inferior to any slab.
    Xeak likes this.
    08-06-17 12:35 PM
    But iphone has even worse vkb. But that's why I use Siri

Posted via CB10
    08-06-17 12:45 PM
    I'd just like to chime in with an observation.

I'm baffled and mystified that most people think that the KEYone is only useful to those that Need a PKB or those that lack the need of an entertainment device.
    Interesting.

I couldn't disagree more.
    Completely agree with your disagreeing. This phone does all I need; from messaging, social media, to watching Netflix, live tv, etc etc.

I don't game so I can't speak to that, but I feel in no way limited with this phone as I did with my BlackBerry 10 phones.

Posted with my BlackBerry KEYone.
    DolemiteDONS and dh321 like this.
    08-06-17 01:50 PM
    Although the screen is 4.5 inches and is smaller than most any slab out there, it is more than sufficient for videos. the PKB is world class and is a pleasure which cannot be mimicked on any iPhone. typing with so few typos is also quite nice. also getting used to android's open ecosystem.
    08-06-17 02:54 PM
    Although the screen is 4.5 inches and is smaller than most any slab out there, it is more than sufficient for videos. the PKB is world class and is a pleasure which cannot be mimicked on any iPhone. typing with so few typos is also quite nice. also getting used to android's open ecosystem.
    The screen is smaller, but once you pull up the VKB on the iPhone or any other Android phone the space you're working with decreases significantly. I think that's one of the biggest benefits of having a PKB. Now if you're not doing much typing then the opposite argument would be true - as an entertainment device I'd say the S8 or the iPhone is better. But I do miss iMessage, Apple Pay, and Handoff.
    08-06-17 03:34 PM
    The KEYone has more robust notifications, a unified inbox, much better battery life. Attaching multiple files or pictures to an email message with an IPhone is painful at best. My IPhone 6s is relegated to Facetiming certain relatives.
    PHughes likes this.
    08-06-17 04:06 PM
    But iphone has even worse vkb.

Posted via CB10
    That's simply not true: the iPhone has one of the most performant VKB out there, if not the most performant one. iOS 11 will also add their own implementation of "swipe"... which is a very interesting adaptation... maybe even better than BB's implementation of swipe.
    08-06-17 04:13 PM
    That's simply not true: the iPhone has one of the most performant VKB out there, if not the most performant one. iOS 11 will also add their own implementation of "swipe"... which is a very interesting adaptation... maybe even better than BB's implementation of swipe.

I was talking about PKB vs VKB.
    08-06-17 04:36 PM
    Yes you should switch.
    08-06-17 05:12 PM
    Plus the following:

- big battery
    - runs Android (nougat)
    - has headphone jack
    - SD card expandable

Those are all compelling reasons along with the PKB, to migrate from the latest iPhone
    08-06-17 05:23 PM
    The KEYone has more robust notifications, a unified inbox, much better battery life. Attaching multiple files or pictures to an email message with an IPhone is painful at best. My IPhone 6s is relegated to Facetiming certain relatives.
    I highly agree with your opinion of the notification system. I really dislike how iOS handles notifications and I don't think it's going to change anytime soon. I really appreciate how notifications on Android still stay on the locks teen even after you unlock and relock the device.
    08-06-17 09:38 PM
    My advice to OP: It depends on your ecosystem. If you're tied to the Apple ecosystem , then IMO jumping to a K1 is the worst decision you can make.The K1 is inferior to the iPhone 6S in performance BIG TIME
    08-06-17 09:45 PM
    The K1 is inferior to the iPhone 6S in performance BIG TIME
    Careful making absolute comments like that, someone is bound to take issue and quote you.

I think the performance of the K1 would be perfectly fine for him, and not relevant enough. I use a Dtek50 for God's sake and I find it perfectly usable, and with satisfactory performance for most applications.

The K1 has a better CPU, and I'll bet for most day to day activities he isn't going to notice any significant performance degrade from a 6s.
    08-06-17 09:55 PM
    Not til they fix the issues with the notifications until then, over half your messaging apps won't alert you of new messages. Not to mention, if you like autotext/word substitution, it has so many bugs. Shy of those two things, the phone is awesome. I owned it and went back to miss you iPhone for those reasons only.
    08-06-17 10:05 PM
51 123