hi. i also have an iphone 6 right now and is thinking to go back to Blackberry. the iphone 6 is old but I am ok with it's performance. my question is, is the keyone faster than the iphone 6?
    08-07-17 12:49 AM
    I have the 6s and I found the Keyone to be just as fast and responsive. I sent mine back because I found the keyboard too small for my fat thumbs :-(
    08-07-17 12:55 AM
    I have been a BlackBerry fan since long. From Pearl to Bold 9900 to Q10 (briefly though) to Classic. PKB is one thing which is of great use if you want to use your handset for email.
    My BlackBerry is purely for business use and would shift to KEYONE for same reason, security!

Once your fingers are used to PKB, then KEYONE is THE phone for you.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-17 12:58 AM
    Yes, you should if you are a Blackberry Fan in the true sense. The Keyone has a lot to offer and am sure it's going to be worth a try. It has got some amazing specifications and features https://www.mobikart.com/mobile/blac...-edition-black
    08-07-17 04:30 AM
    I have an iPhone 7 and tested several K1s. I hate typing on glass, so I still hope I'll get a K1 that can compete with the iPhone. Not yet:
    @performance: K1 is sufficient, but when scrolling web pages or similar, the iPhone is way more buttery smooth. Probably not a problem for many, but I felt disturbed when moving from iPhone to K1.
    @typing: have been preferring typing on Blackberries for as long as they existed. However, as I'm typing on the iPhone with Swype installed, I find this to be pretty fast and amazingly easy. I'm even preferring this over typing on a Dtek60 (which I also have), can't tell why, as I believe they use the same Swype typing engine, however, I'm making less typos on the iPhone. I still would prefer a PKB though!
    @Reception: iPhone has the better reception quality. In areas with weak signal, the iPhone still works, while the K1 might no longer (this might not affect people who don't spend a lot of time in weak signal areas. When signal is strong, the K1 performs well).

I could live with the performance limitations of the K1, although the iPhone is better. I would prefer a PKB, although typing on the iPhone (with Swype!) is manageable. I cannot accept the comparably weak reception and hope a SW update will improve that. Then I might consider a swap.
    08-07-17 06:33 AM
    Completely agree with your disagreeing. This phone does all I need; from messaging, social media, to watching Netflix, live tv, etc etc.

I don't game so I can't speak to that, but I feel in no way limited with this phone as I did with my BlackBerry 10 phones.

Posted with my BlackBerry KEYone.
    I think what posters are saying if your main use of the phone is for entertainment like movies and gaming than any slab is going to be preferred over the KEYᵒⁿᵉ because of screen real estate in landscape. I absolutely love my KEYᵒⁿᵉ for everything that it does including watching the occasional YouTube video, checking my Instagram, and refreshing news feeds. If my priority was gaming all the time and watching movies and full seasons on my device then a bigger screen would be nice.

My priority is having the ability to blast out full professional email responses while on the road so there is no other device out there for me.
    08-07-17 06:45 AM
    That's simply not true: the iPhone has one of the most performant VKB out there, if not the most performant one. iOS 11 will also add their own implementation of "swipe"... which is a very interesting adaptation... maybe even better than BB's implementation of swipe.
    It sure uses up a lot of screen space, and I'm pretty sure it doesn't have keyboard shortcuts :-(
    08-07-17 07:57 AM
    Never ever used an Apple product and am glad so! I've always managed my work/personal life with Blackberry devices. You can't beat the accuracy of using a PKB and since got the K1and the battery life has been absolutely amazing!
    08-07-17 08:00 AM
    Hi, I'm a Blackberry fan and have used a few devices in past. My purpose for the phone is not TOO PROFESSIONAL and so am I confused whether to shift from my Iphone 6s to the ne Blackberry Keyone.
    I usually use my phone for social media, texting, mails and videos browsing hence would Like to know If Blackberry Keyone is a good fit for me or not?

P.S. - I do love BLACKBERRY. But confused. And I'm talking about the Linited edition black one since I'll buy it in India.
    I will tell you this, my younger son used both. He went back to the I Phone. The Keyone just is not up to the task.
    08-07-17 08:36 AM
    There are positives to each platform and each device.... OP what will work for you might not work for others here. I'd talk to people you know and that know you.
    08-07-17 08:48 AM
    The KEYone has no notifications.
    Here, I fixed your typo for you.
    08-07-17 08:54 AM
    Please elaborate on not upto the task
    08-07-17 10:04 AM
    I will tell you this, my younger son used both. He went back to the I Phone. The Keyone just is not up to the task.
    Just curious, what phone do you use yourself?
    08-07-17 10:13 AM
    You should do your own research and decide which is better for you. This isn't exactly an unbiased forum.
    Nope not biased at all!
    08-07-17 10:15 AM
    I went from PRIV to Google Pix xl and the K1 is ten times better! Battery life is amazing!!!!
    08-07-17 10:16 AM
    I wouldn't go near the phone right now until this notification garbage is sorted out.
    08-07-17 10:50 AM
    Just curious, what phone do you use yourself?
    I use a Silver Passport, I did try the PRIV but like OS 10 for its fluid nature. I am also not an app junkie. Just use my phone as a phone and work
    08-07-17 10:54 AM
    I have the 6s and I found the Keyone to be just as fast and responsive. I sent mine back because I found the keyboard too small for my fat thumbs :-(
    i use the tips of my thumbs nearby the nail, if not the nail itself to type. Never had a problem and i actually preferred the keyboard of the palm pixi (even smaller keyboard) back in the day
    08-07-17 11:21 AM
    I wouldn't go near the phone right now until this notification garbage is sorted out.
    Which apps are not getting notifications? The only thing I noticed was the calendar event reminders came like an hour late for the first few days! They are coming in on time now.

I don't use many apps and prefer to use chrome in place of all social media apps. I use messenger lite, skype, and textra for messages. My alarms are working correctly and a chess app that i use to play my friends doesn't give me notifications while on battery saver mode anyway so, no noticeable change there.
    08-07-17 11:28 AM
    Hi, I'm a Blackberry fan and have used a few devices in past. My purpose for the phone is not TOO PROFESSIONAL and so am I confused whether to shift from my Iphone 6s to the ne Blackberry Keyone.
    I usually use my phone for social media, texting, mails and videos browsing hence would Like to know If Blackberry Keyone is a good fit for me or not?

P.S. - I do love BLACKBERRY. But confused. And I'm talking about the Linited edition black one since I'll buy it in India.
    I just did switched from the iPhone 6s Plus to the KeyOne because I love a PKB and, also important, I use my device for (mainly) business.

If you're a (heavy) gamer and need high performance, the BB k1 might not be your best choice.

Because of a temporary "Glitch", I'm not the happiest after the switch. The iPhone is just a good phone. The battery life is great, performance is great and...it just works!
    However, IOS is booooooooringggg....

The BB KeyOne looks great, feels great and after an update or two ;-) it will work great.
    Don't expect blazing speeds like the other high-end phones.

just my 2 cents...
    08-07-17 03:40 PM
    I just did switched from the iPhone 6s Plus to the KeyOne because I love a PKB and, also important, I use my device for (mainly) business.

If you're a (heavy) gamer and need high performance, the BB k1 might not be your best choice.

Because of a temporary "Glitch", I'm not the happiest after the switch. The iPhone is just a good phone. The battery life is great, performance is great and...it just works!
    However, IOS is booooooooringggg....

The BB KeyOne looks great, feels great and after an update or two ;-) it will work great.
    Don't expect blazing speeds like the other high-end phones.

just my 2 cents...

I think more than two cents......great write up.

Woof!
    Daruba likes this.
    08-07-17 07:27 PM
    The KEYone has more robust notifications, a unified inbox, much better battery life. Attaching multiple files or pictures to an email message with an IPhone is painful at best. My IPhone 6s is relegated to Facetiming certain relatives.
    My biggest peeve with iOS. There are times I need to receive files for which there are no apps. iOS won't let you do anything with that file, it is annoying. You cannot email a file for which there is no app. I use iOS for one app I use for my job, on an iPod Touch, the OS is clunky, though it is getting better. It does work though. Apps open nicely, and things run smoothly. It just won't do what I need.
    08-07-17 07:42 PM
    My biggest peeve with iOS. There are times I need to receive files for which there are no apps. iOS won't let you do anything with that file, it is annoying. You cannot email a file for which there is no app. I use iOS for one app I use for my job, on an iPod Touch, the OS is clunky, though it is getting better. It does work though. Apps open nicely, and things run smoothly. It just won't do what I need.
    Also, when you go to "share" a file in iOS the options always change. You never know consistently which apps will be available to receive the file. Also, system apps are shared through a different way through the share menu. It's very confusing and convoluted.
    08-07-17 08:03 PM
    Also, when you go to "share" a file in iOS the options always change. You never know consistently which apps will be available to receive the file. Also, system apps are shared through a different way through the share menu. It's very confusing and convoluted.
    When you share something, you choose the order of how it is listed. If it's different, then you moved it
    08-07-17 10:08 PM
    When you share something, you choose the order of how it is listed. If it's different, then you moved it
    I'm not really talking about the order, but that also bugs me too. You have to enable sharing. I think Apple can definitely learn a thing or two from Android in terms of notifications and sharing.
    08-07-17 10:27 PM
51 123