Will a proximal system update queeer the ability to downgrade hub and attenuate services ??
    04-10-19 04:09 PM
    Will a proximal system update queeer the ability to downgrade hub and attenuate services ??
    It potentially can. It depends on wether or not there are core system changes in the update. BlackBerry Mobile could potentially add the updated versions of Hub (or any other built-in app) in an OS update to ensure everyone is on the higher builds.
    04-10-19 04:23 PM
    On the other hand, the old version of HUB+ will probably stop working eventually anyway as more and more things change on the server sides.
    04-10-19 04:40 PM
    That might end BlackBerry as a device brand... and it will make “inbox“ no better than Gmail app with a big fat header...
    04-11-19 01:20 AM
    That might end BlackBerry as a device brand... and it will make “inbox“ no better than Gmail app with a big fat header...
    Not much BlackBerry can do, except play by the evolving rules set by Google for "their" product.

But let's be honest.... BlackBerry as a device brand is really more about the PKB than the HUB. If HUB was a big selling feature, then all those SLAB BlackBerries would have sold better.
    RLeeSimon and Sarek1701 like this.
    04-11-19 03:40 PM
    BlackBerry has lost its way while security software and self driving live on... they could have split the company (RIM & BlackBerry) but Hudson Bay must overflowed being full of dumped unsold handsets... a shame.
    04-11-19 03:49 PM
    BlackBerry has lost its way while security software and self driving live on... they could have split the company (RIM & BlackBerry) but Hudson Bay must overflowed being full of dumped unsold handsets... a shame.
    You can change the name to anything you want, but you can't circumvent Google's rules - not if you want access to the only ecosystem in the world outside of Apple.
    04-11-19 04:02 PM
    04-11-19 04:05 PM
    BlackBerry lost its way when 3G data made its primary business model obsolete. Security and automotive software are how BlackBerry found a new path.
    04-11-19 05:02 PM
    Too late.

Although at least BlackBerry doesn't read our emails. Or so they say. That's almost enough reason for me! Would still like to see them fix the duplicate call logs though. Triaging Inbox is not productive.
    04-11-19 05:09 PM
    Meh, I disabled all BB apps long ago and definitely not a fan of the new look of the Hub, so I just stick with Outlook even though there's no more blue LED notifications for some strange reason.

In my opinion, BBMo should bank more on the PKB than the Hub suite as a selling point. Would be nice if they could ask BB Ltd who are probably so lazy with BBAndroid to just stop developing the suite and charge them only for the brand name and PKB patents. Save everybody time and money.
    04-11-19 06:23 PM
    Let's keep in mind that the major thing that is missing is just the "sent" sms messages. The Hub concentrates all else in one place including call logs. I am not aware of another app that can do that. And who knows - perhaps BlackBerry can reverse the google decision that lead to the impact on sms access and all will change back the way it used to be!
    04-11-19 07:19 PM