See I like the pkb on my priv and mine rarely heats up. I don't use the camera much but it's not horrible. See there's 2 sides to every story
    That doesn't mean the KEYone isn't an upgrade to camera and keyboard. If you're satisfied with your PRIV that's fine, your opinion. But there's no doubt the KEYone is an upgrade every which way.
    04-21-17 09:45 AM
    See I like the pkb on my priv and mine rarely heats up. I don't use the camera much but it's not horrible. See there's 2 sides to every story
    Agree. I've never had a heating problem with my Priv. I also love the keyboard, doesn't feel too small
    04-21-17 09:45 AM
    I can sell my Priv in my country for $500 and since I'm traveling to US in a couple of weeks I can buy the Keyone for the same price (assuming it's released already by that time). But do you think I really should go for it? I mean I've read plenty of times how the Keyone is not considered in any way an upgrade of the Priv. Does the Keyone has at least something better than the Priv? Should I really go for it? And why? Would love to hear your opinion. Btw I absolutely love my Priv! But that Keyone is absolutely gorgeous looking
    The only people who say the KEYone isn't an upgrade from a Priv are the people who believe in the "bigger numbers must mean it's better" philosophy. The KEYone's 625 CPU is a much more advanced CPU compared to the Priv's 808. In the end the KEYone will work more smoothly than the Priv most likely...

The camera is another one, it has less megapixels, so the "more megapixels mean better camera" people will be quick to say that it's worse, but it likely will have better quality.

It has a much better front camera (if you care about that, I probably will never use it other than for face chat with the wife).

It'll have a nicer keyboard to type on, and one you don't need an extra step to get to...

So if these things matter to you, then it's definitely an upgrade.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    04-21-17 09:46 AM

It'll have a nicer keyboard to type on, and one you don't need an extra step to get to...
    You're so right about this one! I never use the VKB so having the PKB there with no extra step is a nice feature. Thanks for pointing that out. Too bad about the smaller screen with different ratio tho. I wonder why they didn't used that extra part of the screen where the 3 virtual buttons are located, like they did with the Priv
    04-21-17 09:49 AM
    You totally should. Better battery life. Better build quality. Better rear and front camera. Better speakers. Better KEYboard. Fingerprint sensor. Way better performance (Kevin and Bla1ze found the KEYone to be smoother than the DTEK60 even). Longer software support (Security and OS wise). And as you mentioned, looks gorgeous.
    04-21-17 12:15 PM
    The keyone is actually a very modern smartphone. The only thing on it that isn't top of the line is the 625, but it's been proven on other devices to be both quick and super efficient.

I might switch my priv for it just because I want that battery life and I think it will be a very nice device to hold, due to the rounded sides and bottom corners
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    04-21-17 01:07 PM
    I bet the OP lives in a sh1thole third world country most probably Argentina

I had been there and the taxes are ridiculous, the government is insanely corrupt and uses the commie excuse of free healthcare&education (public services that nobody uses because are absolute terrible) for such a high taxes.

An iPhone 7 plus of 32GB is 2100 US dollars in Argentina (https://tienda.claro.com.ar/catalogo/equipos) when the real price is 800 USD, so now you know guys if you ever go to Argentina pack yourself with a couple of iPhones and leave that third world hole with a couple of thousands.

Sorry for the offtopic, now about the phone you should definitely upgrade!!
    04-21-17 01:54 PM
    I bet the OP lives in a sh1thole third world country most probably Argentina

I had been there and the taxes are ridiculous, the government is insanely corrupt and uses the commie excuse of free healthcare&education (public services that nobody uses because are absolute terrible) for such a high taxes.

An iPhone 7 plus of 32GB is 2100 US dollars in Argentina (https://tienda.claro.com.ar/catalogo/equipos) when the real price is 800 USD, so now you know guys if you ever go to Argentina pack yourself with a couple of iPhones and leave that third world hole with a couple of thousands.

Sorry for the offtopic, now about the phone you should definitely upgrade!!
    Exactly. You're 100% right, I live in Ecuador which is a couple countries next to Argentina. Most countries here in South America has this ******** role of politics. Like you said, it's a third world country. To be fair I think Ecuador is worse and more corrupt than Argentina. Idk if you guys have heard of Venezuela and Cuba? Here in Ecuador our government are "teammates" with those governments and have the exact same way of dictatorship approach. So yea, this is why my second hand Priv can be sold for $500 easily
    04-21-17 06:51 PM
    Exactly. You're 100% right, I live in Ecuador which is a couple countries next to Argentina. Most countries here in South America has this ******** role of politics. Like you said, it's a third world country. To be fair I think Ecuador is worse and more corrupt than Argentina, so yea, this is why my second hand Priv can be sold for $500 easily
    It kind of makes me sad to hear about these things... I hope things get better for all of you guys sometimes. It's too bad that the people have no real power to take back control from the corrupt government... My wife is from Venezuela, and seeing everything going on down there breaks my heart.
    04-21-17 06:53 PM
    It kind of makes me sad to hear about these things... I hope things get better for all of you guys sometimes. It's too bad that the people have no real power to take back control from the corrupt government... My wife is from Venezuela, and seeing everything going on down there breaks my heart.
    I just modified my previous comment mentioning Venezuela. We are basically the same. We are going the exact same direction. To make things funnier our president is best friends with the Venezuelan president and he always has his back. Thanks for your words. I think the only way is to leave this place
    04-21-17 06:57 PM
    I just modified my previous comment mentioning Venezuela. We are basically the same. We are going the exact same direction. To make things funnier our president is best friends with the Venezuelan president and he always has his back. Thanks for your words. I think the only way is to leave this place
    Slowly everyone in my wife's family is immigrating here to the USA. My wife loves it here and so does everyone else who have left Venezuela to here. The next to move here is her mother, my mother-in-law. We will house her in our house until she gets on her feet, we'll also help her get an apartment. Whatever it takes, it makes no sense to stay over there...
    04-21-17 07:08 PM
    Slowly everyone in my wife's family is immigrating here to the USA. My wife loves it here and so does everyone else who have left Venezuela to here. The next to move here is her mother, my mother-in-law. We will house her in our house until she gets on her feet, we'll also help her get an apartment. Whatever it takes, it makes no sense to stay over there...
    Yep I wish I can move there, i've been there plenty of times. Sadly it's illegal and I have no one who can support me in case I decide to move anyway lol. Your family is very lucky. People are dying over here, and getting paid around $2 per hour of work
    04-21-17 07:12 PM
    Yep I wish I can move there, i've been there plenty of times. Sadly it's illegal and I have no one who can support me in case I decide to move anyway lol. Your family is very lucky. People are dying over here, and getting paid around $2 per hour of work
    I am against illegal immigration, but at the same time I think there needs to be an easier avenue for legal immigration. So I'm in the middle of the two dumb parties we have when it comes to that, lol. There are ways, but they are very limited...

04-21-17 07:50 PM
    Sell it for the $500 either way. Then buy a new one for $299 in the US and pocket $201 and you have a brand new PRIV.

Posted via CB10
    You & I think a lot alike.
    04-21-17 08:07 PM
    You & I think a lot alike.
    Wow, and actually, I would take it a step further. Sell it, buy 2 or 3, then bring them back and sell them again... Make enough profit to get a KEYone free, or maybe even make a profit... Think about it, buy 4 at $300 a piece, that's $1200. Now you have 5 to sell, if they all go for $500, OP will get $2500, more than doubling his investment. Buy a KEYone for $550, have $1950 left...
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    04-21-17 09:29 PM
    Wow, and actually, I would take it a step further. Sell it, buy 2 or 3, then bring them back and sell them again... Make enough profit to get a KEYone free, or maybe even make a profit... Think about it, buy 4 at $300 a piece, that's $1200. Now you have 5 to sell, if they all go for $500, OP will get $2500, more than doubling his investment. Buy a KEYone for $550, have $1950 left...
    Would be nice but like I've mentioned, the laws of my country allows people to bring a SINGLE phone when you travel by air so basically I can only bring a brand new Priv or a brand new Keyone
    04-21-17 10:46 PM
    Would be nice but like I've mentioned, the laws of my country allows people to bring a SINGLE phone when you travel by air so basically I can only bring a brand new Priv or a brand new Keyone
    That bites, lol.
    04-22-17 12:01 AM
    I'd be lucky to get around 325 to 350 Canadian for a Priv here (Used) . I think personally it will absorb the cost of upgrading ...so personally I would go for if a pkb is what you are looking for
    04-22-17 12:43 PM
    Just thought of something, would you be able to ship the phone back to your house? If so, buy a bunch and ship them to yourself? Or is it like venezuela and any packages are likely to disappear before they even go out for delivery to your house??

04-22-17 03:35 PM
    Just thought of something, would you be able to ship the phone back to your house? If so, buy a bunch and ship them to yourself? Or is it like venezuela and any packages are likely to disappear before they even go out for delivery to your house??

You are correct. Like Venezuela, packages that has something expensive inside gets lost 80% of the times. However it's still not an option. I already mentioned before how people cannot receive phones via mail/post. Not even one. Not even if you're willing to pay taxes or fees. The only people who can receive phones this way are the ones with an import license, and they have to pay ridiculous fees and taxes, which is why phones ends costing $1000
    Last edited by DiegoV_G; 04-22-17 at 10:11 PM.
    04-22-17 05:18 PM
    I can sell my Priv in my country for $500 and since I'm traveling to US in a couple of weeks I can buy the Keyone for the same price (assuming it's released already by that time). But do you think I really should go for it? I mean I've read plenty of times how the Keyone is not considered in any way an upgrade of the Priv. Does the Keyone has at least something better than the Priv? Should I really go for it? And why? Would love to hear your opinion. Btw I absolutely love my Priv! But that Keyone is absolutely gorgeous looking
    I say get KEY-ONE and have the Priv for backup. That's if you can afford it.
    BB Works for me
    04-22-17 05:39 PM
    - better software optimization (no lagging and loading forever)
    - brighter IPS LCD screen with better outdoor viewability
    curious about these two claims... do you have any source/link for them?
    04-22-17 06:00 PM
47 12