I was thinking the same thing.
    Hehehe...
    Genz700 likes this.
    10-24-17 07:13 AM
    Your with sprint. Comparing the K1 to an S8 is like apples and oranges. Coming from a Bold 9930 the K1 should be leap and bounds.....
    This^^^

You can't compare the two devices. You want a PKB stick with the KEYᵒⁿᵉ, you want a full touch you have many to choose from. I use the backup my provider gives me and I'm happy with it. When I get a new device I like re-downloading my apps and setting up my phone. Give the KEYᵒⁿᵉ some time and I bet you stick with it and end up loving it.
    Last edited by tnewton3; 10-26-17 at 08:40 AM.
    10-24-17 08:25 AM
    Although there is some obvious room for discussion here and opinions this thread is going down the "help me make a decision" road.

Only you can decide, we can help (Although personally me not so much since others already beat me to it :) ultimately you are going to have to man up and make a choice / commitment that will have a large impact on your short to mid telecommunications future
    10-24-17 09:13 AM
    This^^^

You can't compare the two devices. You want a PKB stick with the KEYᵒⁿᵉ, you want a full touch you have many to choose from. I use the backup my provider gives me and I'm happy with it. When I get a new device I like re-downloading my apps and setting up my phone. Give the KEYᵒⁿᵉ some time and I bet you stick with it and end up loving it.
    I think with most phones if you give it time you get used to it and accept it. BB brothers/sisters --- please don't yell too loudly --- I have concluded the S8 is clearly a better device overall on many levels. Yes, a few things the KeyOne has an up, but overall not even close, S8 takes it. The PKB is the only reason why I am most likely going to keep it . Sad reason I suspect.
    Marcin Dabrowsky likes this.
    10-27-17 06:55 PM
    Although there is some obvious room for discussion here and opinions this thread is going down the "help me make a decision" road.

Only you can decide, we can help (Although personally me not so much since others already beat me to it :) ultimately you are going to have to man up and make a choice / commitment that will have a large impact on your short to mid telecommunications future
    Short to mid telecommunications future? Yikes - The prrreeeessssssuuuurrrrreeeee
    10-27-17 06:55 PM
    I am most likely going to keep it . Sad reason I suspect.
    If for you it's sad, don't do it. Obviously, like all these threads, it comes down to personal opinion, and everyone else's is irrelevant. No one uses the KEYᵒⁿᵉ because it's the best overall, they use it because it's the best for them.
    phuoc, FF22, RoseBud68 and 1 others like this.
    10-27-17 09:07 PM
    If for you it's sad, don't do it. Obviously, like all these threads, it comes down to personal opinion, and everyone else's is irrelevant. No one uses the KEYᵒⁿᵉ because it's the best overall, they use it because it's the best for them.
    Exactly^^^^
    10-28-17 10:47 AM
    Obviously it is my decision but I'd like to get feedback from fellow BB lovers. I'm limited (this upcoming week) on time to return so unless I return, I'll be keeping it for two years. As of now, I am disappointed with its functionality. Specifically, the DTEK problem, lack of mirrored backup (huge for me), lack of available support other than this board (thank you ), and all the other odds-and-ends in comparison to my S8 backup phone. As I have said in numerous posts, if Samsung had a phone that worked as well as the S8 with a PKB, that would be the ideal phone for me. In the end, I am probably going to keep it and look the other way on the deficiencies since the PKB trumps those items. Sad I have to settle for an inferior phone for the QWERTY but that is the way it is.
    10-28-17 10:05 PM
    if you think you can live without the physical keyboard then you have many choices.

I thought I could wean myself off and was using an LG G6 for 6 months but finally gave up and came back to the KeyONE and love having a good keyboard.

Yes the phone has some shortcomings, but all phones do. I loved the G6, but typing on screen was painful even after 6 months of practice.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    10-28-17 10:25 PM
    The DTEK issue has been acknowledged and being investigated. Join in!

As for finding a phone without sacrifice. Let us know when you do. Good luck
    10-28-17 11:14 PM
    Obviously it is my decision but I'd like to get feedback from fellow BB lovers. I'm limited (this upcoming week) on time to return so unless I return, I'll be keeping it for two years. As of now, I am disappointed with its functionality. Specifically, the DTEK problem, lack of mirrored backup (huge for me), lack of available support other than this board (thank you ), and all the other odds-and-ends in comparison to my S8 backup phone. As I have said in numerous posts, if Samsung had a phone that worked as well as the S8 with a PKB, that would be the ideal phone for me. In the end, I am probably going to keep it and look the other way on the deficiencies since the PKB trumps those items. Sad I have to settle for an inferior phone for the QWERTY but that is the way it is.
    I think I saw in an article, that there will be an upcoming keyboard device from TCL, maybe in 2018?
    10-28-17 11:40 PM
    I think I saw in an article, that there will be an upcoming keyboard device from TCL, maybe in 2018?
    https://forums.crackberry.com/rumore...0-1-a-1129331/

Reality is, it can never be the powerhouse that matches up to the latest flagship, and be the communication tool that can make it through a long heavy day, with battery to spare. That's not its mission, nor should it be.
    Zolti and FF22 like this.
    10-28-17 11:43 PM
    Get the Samsung and get their keyboard attachment. Sounds like u want specs not kb more... so go Samsung and settle on crappie keyboard.. Versus what u are doing with KeyOne which is kb and settle on specs..
    FF22 likes this.
    10-29-17 08:05 AM
    Personally, if u need or want a PKB then keep the Keyone and have keep the S8 second play phone as back up and other non work stuff. I'm going to do the same. Not sure if dtek is worth having. Just delete it. Íf u enjoy having the Keyone enormously then live with the foibles. If you can't then sell it and move on!!
    FF22 likes this.
    10-29-17 08:18 AM
    mirror backup is nowhere near flawless for S8. Backup is one of Android's weak spots.
    10-29-17 10:52 PM
40 12