Coming from a BB9930 for many years, I was excited to finally be able to upgrade to the KeyOne. I must say, I am disappointed. I have Sprint in the states and I have until the first to decide to keep it or return. I have given 30 days use and found the following bothers me.

1) No mirror backup. I had to reset and thinking (ok, hoping) that all of my icons, settings, shortcuts, and all other unique settings would copy but NO. I've posted this as a huge problem and I don't like it.

2) DTEK shows poor "operating system integrity" --- I've reset phone once, it worked for a week and shows this again. I am not about to reset and spend the hours needed to personalize again because mirror backup not available. BTW - phone works without issue but the OCD in me wants "excellent" security status or the reason why. DTEK does not do this.

3) I have a S8 that I use as a backup and I find it faster with more available features. K1 is not as responsive.

4) No one at Sprint is familiar with this device since sales are minimal so tech support is non-existent. Call for your iPhone or S8 and they know how to help.

5) What is the future --- K2? Maybe but certainly not in the states. Sprint has barely sold any K1's. Not sure about AT&T or Verizon.

6) Accessories lacking, lacking in many features compared to S8.

It's not all bad --- the battery is wonderful. Heave usage barely puts a dent in it unlike S8. I like the shortcut keys. And the biggest reason why I hang on is that darn QWERTY.

Being a loyal BB user for many many years I don't want to abandon ship but.....

Help persuade me to keep it --- please.
    anon(8679041) and Genz700 like this.
    10-22-17 08:50 PM
    Agreed but looking for reasons NOT to return.
    10-22-17 09:15 PM
    1) Does your S8 have mirror backup as you describe? I personally don't know.

2) Poor status in DTEK. There are certain things that one can do to cause this to happen. Is there anything that you can recall doing that might have set DTEK off like in running diagnostics?

3) Well if you're happier with the S8...

4) Do you need to call your Carrier? Crackberry is here to help! :-)

5) Why worry about a phone decision that you will make 2 years from now?

6) What kind of accessories are you looking for?
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    10-22-17 09:22 PM
    Your with sprint. Comparing the K1 to an S8 is like apples and oranges. Coming from a Bold 9930 the K1 should be leap and bounds.....
    10-22-17 09:28 PM
    Thank you for your reply yam

1) yes - mirror backup works seamlessly on S8, and iPhone from what I have been told.

2) other than checking DTEK frequently, nothing. no anti-virus downloads, and no downloads outside of playstore (weather, news, etc)

3). no - S8 is my backup phone and used for pics. btW - S8 has a much better camera than k1.

4) crackberry is the best! thank u BB brothers and sisters.

5). true but if there is no future for next gen, patches, fixes etc. won't be coming.

6) a decent screensaver that won't impede 3 buttons above qwerty, variety of cases (there are some on market but not as many choices as S8 and iPhone). this one is a minor one for me.

thanks.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    10-22-17 09:33 PM
    Your with sprint. Comparing the K1 to an S8 is like apples and oranges. Coming from a Bold 9930 the K1 should be leap and bounds.....
    Yes - K1 is much more of a beefed up device over 9930 - no question about that. Having both, there are similarities between the s8 and k1. S8 seems more robust.
    10-22-17 09:37 PM
    Yes - K1 is much more of a beefed up device over 9930 - no question about that. Having both, there are similarities between the s8 and k1. S8 seems more robust.
    The S8 is a high end phone...So yeah is should be more robust....the only similarities is that they are both Androids.
    10-22-17 09:52 PM
    1) Would be convenient, but not something I need. How often could you need a reset?
    2) It should show excellent. Since it says operating system, try doing a fresh flash.
    3) Changed the animation scale?
    4)
    5) Are you buying a KEYᵒⁿᵉ or making a lifetime commitment?
    6) https://www.amazon.com/AirGlass-prot...UvbUpU13052397

You still need to make up your own mind, based on your personal experiences and preferences. For me while my Z Force has a superior camera, screen and processor, the pure pleasure using the KEYᵒⁿᵉ more than makes up for it. You've brought up nothing that's changed my mind.
    10-22-17 09:59 PM
    I'm just curious, how come you never tried BlackBerry10 or did you? I'm asking because you're still using a Bold.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-17 10:02 PM
    I will add that I, too, want a more complete backup. It is not bad but far from complete. Apparently, part of the problem is that the BB is secured making backup apps, even a native one, hard to implement.

Did you run any of those "dialer sequences" that can run tests or show info - like the one that shows Build Date? While the build-date one did not throw Dtek, one of the others that I tried did trigger the Dtek warning.
    10-23-17 11:06 AM
    Did you try this? How to back up your BlackBerry KEYone https://www.crackberry.com/how-back-...ckberry-keyone

to speed things up use the physical keyboard shortcuts these make using the physical keyboard not only a joy but make working the phone much faster. I can be sitting with a S8 user and both go to open say Untapped and why he is scrolling I short press u and I am up and running.

I am not sure what accessories you mean? I have a few cases, bluetooth headset, smartwatch, car connectivity, it's setup to work with my Amazon Echo.

I think we need to remember this device is not going to beat a S8 in speed but for the stats it surprisingly close in real time usage. for the difference in money and the physical keyboard it made sense for me and I am happy with my choice. I have acces to a S8 and I have an IPhone 7 and will always grab this phone. I just am comfortable with it but it's such a personal decision on how you work. check out snapseed if you want better camera software as far as cameras go this is by far the best any BlackBerry has had.

hope that helps some
    10-23-17 11:43 AM
    The S8 is a high end phone...So yeah is should be more robust....the only similarities is that they are both Androids.
    If the S8 is a high end phone and more robust --- why keep the K1?
    10-23-17 08:17 PM
    1) Would be convenient, but not something I need. How often could you need a reset?
    2) It should show excellent. Since it says operating system, try doing a fresh flash.
    3) Changed the animation scale?
    4)
    5) Are you buying a KEYᵒⁿᵉ or making a lifetime commitment?
    6) https://www.amazon.com/AirGlass-prot...UvbUpU13053211

You still need to make up your own mind, based on your personal experiences and preferences. For me while my Z Force has a superior camera, screen and processor, the pure pleasure using the KEYᵒⁿᵉ more than makes up for it. You've brought up nothing that's changed my mind.
    1) Unfortunately, it appears reset is need more often with this phone. I am delaying another reset due to DTEK issue.
    2) Fresh flash? what is that?
    3) Clarity and quality still much better on S8 - no comparison
    4) Thank you
    5) when it comes to my phone - lifetime commitment
    6) looks good - I might try it and ditch the one I have now.

I like the K1 but don't love it like I did (do) my BOLD 9930. In all honesty, and looking at it objectively, other than he qwerty and great battery, I see nothing that outshines the S8.
    10-23-17 08:21 PM
    If the S8 is a high end phone and more robust --- why keep the K1?
    Only you can answer that question.....
    10-23-17 08:23 PM
    I'm just curious, how come you never tried BlackBerry10 or did you? I'm asking because you're still using a Bold.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think Sprint offered the BB10. I loved my BOLD and it would still work for me if I had to switch back. Emails, texting, weather, small to put in your pocket, news, etc. (ok, small screen but...) what else is needed in business? I had the S8 as a backup, use for pics and apps that didn't run on BB.
    10-23-17 08:23 PM
    Only you can answer that question.....
    I can't That's why I hope my BB family puts me in the right direction.
    10-23-17 08:24 PM
    Its obvious you like the S8 more so use that. Its only a phone after all....
    10-23-17 08:26 PM
    I will add that I, too, want a more complete backup. It is not bad but far from complete. Apparently, part of the problem is that the BB is secured making backup apps, even a native one, hard to implement.

Did you run any of those "dialer sequences" that can run tests or show info - like the one that shows Build Date? While the build-date one did not throw Dtek, one of the others that I tried did trigger the Dtek warning.
    No dialer sequences or anything like that. When I did the first reset, I didn't add back anti-virus or any other apps that I thought might interfere. Still "poor." Phone works fine but the OCD in me knows poor is poor which bothers me. More importantly, I am concerned something might happen to all of my data.
    10-23-17 08:26 PM
    Did you try this? How to back up your BlackBerry KEYone https://www.crackberry.com/how-back-...ckberry-keyone

to speed things up use the physical keyboard shortcuts these make using the physical keyboard not only a joy but make working the phone much faster. I can be sitting with a S8 user and both go to open say Untapped and why he is scrolling I short press u and I am up and running.

I am not sure what accessories you mean? I have a few cases, bluetooth headset, smartwatch, car connectivity, it's setup to work with my Amazon Echo.

I think we need to remember this device is not going to beat a S8 in speed but for the stats it surprisingly close in real time usage. for the difference in money and the physical keyboard it made sense for me and I am happy with my choice. I have acces to a S8 and I have an IPhone 7 and will always grab this phone. I just am comfortable with it but it's such a personal decision on how you work. check out snapseed if you want better camera software as far as cameras go this is by far the best any BlackBerry has had.

hope that helps some
    I saw that article but it won't backup. Goes to screen saying "to continue, update the Content Transfer app on your new Blackberry device...." I tried several times to update but I have the latest version

I agree, physical keyboard shortcuts are AMAZING - love them!!

Accessories - fun stuff, I guess. This is a minor one and I can live with what I have.

I guess the biggest issues at the moment are the need for a mirror backup and hyperlink telephone number in the Notes section of my Outlook. Can't dial numbers with S8 either so my old BOLD beats both of them on that issue.

Thanks
    10-23-17 08:32 PM
    Its obvious you like the S8 more so use that. Its only a phone after all....
    True, it is only a phone. Can't get over the qwerty. On the other hand, I suspect if I forced myself to use a flatscreen keyboard for a month or more, I might get used to it and never look back.
    10-23-17 08:35 PM
    My son has the S8 plus and loves it, Its really not that much bigger then his Priv which is why he went with the plus. Great phone, really it is. You just need to ask yourself which phone will work for your needs.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    10-23-17 08:53 PM
    1) Unfortunately, it appears reset is need more often with this phone. I am delaying another reset due to DTEK issue.
    2) Fresh flash? what is that?
    3) Clarity and quality still much better on S8 - no comparison
    4) Thank you
    5) when it comes to my phone - lifetime commitment
    6) looks good - I might try it and ditch the one I have now.

I like the K1 but don't love it like I did (do) my BOLD 9930. In all honesty, and looking at it objectively, other than he qwerty and great battery, I see nothing that outshines the S8.
    1) I 100% disagree. You have a unique issue, that once resolved should terminate any further need to reset. I've had 600hrs uptime, so the phone is more than capable of operating with stability.
    Should I keep my KEYone?-screenshot_20170904-232752.jpg
    2) https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...-tool-1117513/
    3) I expect so. You cannot compare the two phones. They are distinctly different in designed purpose. It's like comparing a mule and a horse. In almost every respect the horse may win, but if you have 40 acres to plow, that mule is your choice every time.
    4) It's so nice to have a pleasant debate on this subject, instead of a plethora of drama.
    5) Stare into the mule's eyes. He's with you for the long-haul.
    6) Installation can be a challenge, but well worth the effort.

OS7 was great, and so was the 9930. I used it for a couple years, but found it far too limited, and oy the timer spin. The KEYᵒⁿᵉ comes spectacularly close to capturing what was great, while offering a lot BBOS and BB10 couldn't. I'm well documented in not caring to return to a PKB, and yet after a 4 year departure fell back in love. Maybe you need to give it up for a spell, so you can appreciate it again.
    BLAZEDv3 likes this.
    10-23-17 10:05 PM
    Keep the S8 and give the K1 to me.
    Jamie Wooten likes this.
    10-24-17 01:47 AM
    I was thinking the same thing!
    10-24-17 07:11 AM
    Keep the S8 and give the K1 to me.
    I was thinking the same thing.
    Spahnderosa likes this.
    10-24-17 07:12 AM
40 12