I am a hardcore Blackberry fanboy and I've had the honour of owning a BB Classic. Though I sold it in mid 2017 due to touchscreen and keyboard's backlight not working.

I am again eager to get my hands on a Blackberry device because I TYPE A LOT. I can't spend much since I'll be starting my MBA in a month and my personal expenses would be limited.

I was looking to buy a refurbished BB Classic but then I read about the BB servers shutting down in 2019 (Which I don't care about). So, now I am eager to get my hands on the BB KeyOne. I can get one for approx $280 (Used+Warranty) or $210 (Used+No Warranty). Should I purchase the KeyOne or stay put until next year for the keytwo? (Won't buy the keytwo if it's released this year because of price)

If I do wait, should I get the Classic and use it till next year? (I'll only use it for calls/SMS/WhatsApp since my main phone is an LG G6) I can get a refurbished EU Classic for $125.

Thanks.
    05-09-18 02:46 AM
    If you're for sure not gonna go for the KEYtwo which will come out probably next month, then I'd suggest going for a new or used KEYone Black Edition
    05-09-18 03:12 AM
    Get a KeyOne Black Edition, but wait a few weeks to see if the KeyTwo is imminent - when this comes to market, KeyOne prices may drop sharply.
    05-09-18 03:29 AM
    Why everyone so strongly recommends the Black version, if Silver also works, or else it would not be on the market. Suddenly, everyone is suggesting + 1GB RAM as if it was a key issue.
    Perhaps this is an important issue for the Hard User, but there is no difference in everyday use.
    Silver has two important advantages - it is cheaper and silver is what looks nicer than black. I think that it is worth to buy K1 SE at a good price and spend a year or two.
    FF22 likes this.
    05-09-18 06:04 AM
    Why everyone so strongly recommends the Black version, if Silver also works, or else it would not be on the market. Suddenly, everyone is suggesting + 1GB RAM as if it was a key issue.
    Perhaps this is an important issue for the Hard User, but there is no difference in everyday use.
    Silver has two important advantages - it is cheaper and silver is what looks nicer than black. I think that it is worth to buy K1 SE at a good price and spend a year or two.
    The Black Edition is a little less prone to little hardware issues that early Silver edition suffered from, and I'm not just talking about the screen lift. I personally believe that I've come across less threads about hardware complaints with the Black than the Silver.
    For example, the first silver edition I owned last year gave me the constant SD card error pop up (which drains battery too) when I put my 64gb SanDisk, and in my Black K1 it works flawlessly.
    There is also obvious advantage of 32 extra gigs of storage.
    As for the looks, I'd say the only thing the silver has over the black is the chrome frets. Other than that, the top with that huge grill makes it look like a phone from a decade ago. The black hides that much better. Besides, the silver trim on the SE is kind of an ugly gray, looks nothing like the brushed steel type of the frame on Bold 9900 and Classic for example.
    05-09-18 06:33 AM
    I think that the Keyone would be a great choice if you can get it for that price. The batch of Keyones with the screen lift issue are from almost a year ago; so I don't think there are any worries there. Since you got a G6 as a main phone, I think that the Keyone Silver would be a great companion.

Who knows. The Keyone may make you give up the G6 because it is a very solid device in its own right.
    05-09-18 08:40 AM
    I think that the Keyone would be a great choice if you can get it for that price. The batch of Keyones with the screen lift issue are from almost a year ago; so I don't think there are any worries there. Since you got a G6 as a main phone, I think that the Keyone Silver would be a great companion.

Who knows. The Keyone may make you give up the G6 because it is a very solid device in its own right.
    While silver KEYone's built on and after July 10th are spared from the screen lift issue, that doesn't mean there aren't earlier batch models still roaming around. Some have already been fixed, others haven't. So it would be wise for the OP to ask the seller to do the MMI test and tell him the build date (without specifying that July or later is what he's looking for lol)
    05-09-18 08:55 AM
    key2 is gonna be a pricey item, and surely will get O&P so that's a factor. that said, KEYᴼᴺᴱ black will drop in price a bit but KEYᵒⁿᵉ silver will plummet and many will not be able to resist a bargain...
    05-09-18 09:07 AM