Not to beat a dead horse but I'm curious. I have the BE bought from MSRP and I'm still on N with the May update.

Thanks.
    10-09-18 04:48 PM
    It depends on your PRD (open the dialer and type *#837837# to find it out, or look on the label if you still have the box), but some models are still genuinely on Nougat after all this time. What's worse, at least the BBB100-3 (CDMA model) is confirmed to not get Oreo at all.
    10-09-18 06:04 PM
    Not to beat a dead horse but I'm curious. I have the BE bought from MSRP and I'm still on N with the May update.

Thanks.
    After 2.5 months, about 20% of KEYᵒⁿᵉ and Motion owners are still on Nougat.
    10-09-18 06:30 PM
    Where did you get that number?
    10-09-18 07:30 PM
    Where did you get that number?
    Based on PRD variants and associated populations.
    10-10-18 12:10 AM
    I'm in that 20% unlucky few. PRD-63116-042. Waiting patiently for change of luck.
    10-10-18 02:42 AM
    I have a BBB100-1
    I’m on AAY819
    PRD-63116-042
    10-10-18 12:32 PM
    I have a BBB100-1
    I’m on AAY819
    PRD-63116-042
    Then it's TCL's fault you're still on an OS build from May, since that build for that PRD is the latest available.
    10-10-18 02:20 PM

Thanks.
    I do not receive any update until date today. (Malaysia 🇲🇾).
    10-10-18 02:30 PM
    Yup.
    Both of my devices still on Nougat (last BB's I will buy)

BBB 100-1, PRD63116-009
    BBB 100-3, PRD63118-001

Already have a Note 9 on Android Pie as well as iPhone X on iOS 12.1.
    10-10-18 02:59 PM
    Yup.
    Both of my devices still on Nougat (last BB's I will buy)

BBB 100-1, PRD63116-009
    BBB 100-3, PRD63118-001

Already have a Note 9 on Android Pie as well as iPhone X on iOS 12.1.
    Just curious. What tasks are you having trouble completing on your KEYᵒⁿᵉ with Nougat - software wise?

Other than a casual interest in having the latest OS, is there something mission-critical in Oreo or Pie for you?

Apart from a few subtle UX enhancements, and not having to clear the cache once or twice a week, my workflow/efficiency is unchanged on Oreo.
    10-10-18 03:16 PM
    Just curious. What tasks are you having trouble completing on your KEYᵒⁿᵉ with Nougat - software wise?

Other than a casual interest in having the latest OS, is there something mission-critical in Oreo or Pie for you?

Apart from a few subtle UX enhancements, and not having to clear the cache once or twice a week, my workflow/efficiency is unchanged on Oreo.
    Lol. I see what you did there. That's a polite way of saying, if it doesn't change your day to day life, then don't make a big deal about it. Well played.
    10-11-18 09:09 AM
    Lol. I see what you did there. That's a polite way of saying, if it doesn't change your day to day life, then don't make a big deal about it. Well played.
    I like new things as much (or more) as the next guy, but I'm trying to understand the seething anger.

If someone would rather purchase a non-pkb, non-hardened device with faster monthly patches next time, then all power to them. I have no issue with that. But who has the time to be so mad?

Spamming social media, and talk of class action lawsuits seem almost unhinged.
    10-11-18 09:13 AM

Autofill Framework
    WiFi Aware
    Improved Notifications Management
    Background Task Management

These are updates that I was expecting to help streamline the process of my business day to day. I was planning on reducing to one device, now that one device will likely not be the KEYone.
    FF22 and Bbfan1614 like this.
    10-11-18 09:20 AM
    I like new things as much (or more) as the next guy, but I'm trying to understand the seething anger.

If someone would rather purchase a non-pkb, non-hardened device with faster monthly patches next time, then all power to them. I have no issue with that. But who has the time to be so mad?

Spamming social media, and talk of class action lawsuits seem almost unhinged.
    So your mentally is, you knew what you were getting into, so stop complaining?
    10-11-18 09:20 AM
    So your mentally is, you knew what you were getting into, so stop complaining?
    No. It's speak with your wallet. If you're unsatisfied with the overall package, next time make another choice.
    10-11-18 09:22 AM
    Autofill Framework
    WiFi Aware
    Improved Notifications Management
    Background Task Management

These are updates that I was expecting to help streamline the process of my business day to day. I was planning on reducing to one device, now that one device will likely not be the KEYone.
    Well, I would certainly admit to enjoying the autofill feature.
    10-11-18 09:24 AM
    No. It's speak with your wallet. If you're unsatisfied with the overall package, next time make another choice.
    I thought the Crackberry forums were for BlackBerry fans who want to vocalize/vent to others, who may be going through the same frustrations.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-11-18 09:27 AM
    I thought the Crackberry forums were for BlackBerry fans who want to vocalize/vent to others, who may be going through the same frustrations.
    And I'm not telling anyone to stop. I'm just providing my two cents as I'm entitled to do as well.

In this case, I was just asking an honest question. And I got an answer.
    10-11-18 09:29 AM
    Conite,

The reason I am angry about still waiting on an update for the -042 variant is twofold.

1) This is a business phone, and I have not seen a "monthly security update" since late spring.

2) The Wifi is broken so much that I have to resort to data. I'm breaking 2 or 3 gigs month. It's costing my company money and they are pressing on me to replace it with a company issues Samsung slab.

Clearly, for me, the roll out of OS updates has been senseless. Some variants of this phone still waiting. Iphone rolls out updates to all their phones at the same time. My son and wife are on different carriers and they get updates same day.

I love this phone and have supported Blackberry since they first came out. Had well over ten different models over the years. Put up with co workers jeering comments and companies pressuring me to change, defended the brand at every turn.

Now, my loyalty is being tested.

And no, I cannot change my Wifi to 2.4 to satisfy this phone. All the others here using it just fine.

Blackberry Mobile broke the Wifi in an update last May. It used to be just fine. They refuse to fix it on Nougat.

Wait for Oreo.

Waiting ... and the data bills are piling up.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-11-18 09:42 AM
    Conite,

The reason I am angry about still waiting on an update for the -042 variant is twofold.

1) This is a business phone, and I have not seen a "monthly security update" since late spring.

2) The Wifi is broken so much that I have to resort to data. I'm breaking 2 or 3 gigs month. It's costing my company money and they are pressing on me to replace it with a company issues Samsung slab.

Clearly, for me, the roll out of OS updates has been senseless. Some variants of this phone still waiting. Iphone rolls out updates to all their phones at the same time. My son and wife are on different carriers and they get updates same day.

I love this phone and have supported Blackberry since they first came out. Had well over ten different models over the years. Put up with co workers jeering comments and companies pressuring me to change, defended the brand at every turn.

Now, my loyalty is being tested.

And no, I cannot change my Wifi to 2.4 to satisfy this phone. All the others here using it just fine.

Blackberry Mobile broke the Wifi in an update last May. It used to be just fine. They refuse to fix it on Nougat.

Wait for Oreo.

Waiting ... and the data bills are piling up.
    The WiFi issue was a Google issue actually, that affected a number of devices. Google decided to roll the fix into Oreo.

I understand your frustration. I would recommend an autoloader in this case.

Speaking only of security patches, be aware that your BlackBerry Android device with a 3 month old patch date still offers far superior OS protection than a more recently patched vanilla Android device.
    10-11-18 09:56 AM
    The WiFi issue was a Google issue actually, that affected a number of devices. Google decided to roll the fix into Oreo.
    This attitude is something to look out for from Google. While they may acknowledge a bug and work on a fix the resolution may be pushed into a release that those affected will never see. I came across this recently with a bug that's open for WearOS where the phone WearOS app doesn't properly report battery usage from the WearOS watch. Google engineering replied the fix would be issued in the next release...meaning a release of WearOS that a particular device may never receive. Thanks Google!

Speaking only of security patches, be aware that your BlackBerry Android device with a 3 month old patch date still offers far superior OS protection than a more recently patched vanilla Android device.
    Not sure which devices are being considered for comparison here. A Pixel and Essential device will likely offer greater security. The only benefit the BB offers is the installed DTEK security app. DTEK can't do anything to fix exploits and other bugs that may exist in the OS (and its supporting apps).

Without regular security updates there is little useful security benefit offered by this device vs other (non-Pixel, non-Essential) devices. The fact that BlackBerry Mobile is 100% unresponsive to the lack of actual regular updates and offers no transparency into what the hell is going on right now, just further cements the situation that it is a benefit offered in marketing terms only.

For more information on what the tiny and resource-constrained Essential is doing with regard to updates look at this story:

Essential reaffirms Pixel-like update policy for PH-1 despite rumors of company sale

Also, it's become clear to me (after several BBMobile contacts via the built-in feedback app) that BlackBerry Mobile doesn't put any effort into making sure its devices work properly with specific carriers. Three examples I've come across for an unlocked, OTA Oreo-upgraded, KEYone so far are:

• APN screen after booting
    • VoWiFi settings removed from Phone app
    • native VVM broken (supported by T-Mobile since Marshmallow)

Everything just worked under Nougat. BlackBerry Mobile points fingers at T-Mobile and T-Mobile does the same in reverse. Finding workarounds (which I have) is just not an acceptable solution EVER. That's not what we paid for and certainly isn't the experience that was implied.

This situation is just pathetic. And my phone is only 6 months old. In contrast, I managed to get years of useful, regularly updated, service out of my previous iPhone 6 which I then handed to someone else who continues to use it day in day out (all I had to do was replace the battery for $29).
    FF22 likes this.
    10-11-18 11:39 AM

Without regular security updates there is little useful security benefit offered by this device vs other (non-Pixel, non-Essential) devices.
    Integrity Detection.

But more than that:

http://help.blackberry.com/en/securi...y-Guide-en.pdf
    10-11-18 11:51 AM
    nope... still waiting here... prd 63116-021..
    why there is a difference in time to roll out the update? on the other hand, I am hoping that bbm has already fix all the bugs associate with oreo before it comes to PRD-63116-021..
    contacted bbm but no help at all..
    10-11-18 10:36 PM
    Integrity Detection.
    There is nothing that DTEK or any other BlackBerry magic can do to protect against flaws in the OS that can be exploited. That's why it's critical updates are pushed as soon as they are available.
    10-14-18 12:44 AM
40 12